Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradford v Charlton | Sat 21 Oct | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Go one up, miss a hat full of gilt edged chances, concede sloppily via a defensive lapse and then hang on for long periods of the rest of the 98 minutes...

Not mine, just nicked Gobbo's match plan.

1-1
  • Options
    Hopefully we have done some scouting , I was at their match vs Oldham on Tuesday and the danger from them is set plays

They are so creative not one free kick was the same, if we put in reckless challenges anywhere 35yds our they will have something in the bag

Defensively I thought they were poor and except Nicky law they had very little
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Just noticed this when going to sort out the iFollow for today... Jake Reeves is apparently a Charlton fan

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/reeves-on-facing-boyhood-club/

As he says he played against us for Wimbledon last season when they won 2-1... I always wonder how it must feel beating the club you support, if I did that against Charlton myself I think I'd hate it
  • Options
    Probably the kiss of death but I'm predicting my 100% away record to continue for a fourth away win of the season 2-0 and a belated birthday present for you @ForeverAddickted :wink: . BFG to last the full game this time hopefully, scorers Fosu and Josh.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Go on Charlton, win it for my adopted Grayhound dog, my beautiful Chewy who passed away yesterday...

Aw mate I'm so, so sorry to hear that. Greyhounds are such beautiful dogs. Me and Cassandra (my dog) are sending you our love.
  • Options

Just noticed this when going to sort out the iFollow for today... Jake Reeves is apparently a Charlton fan

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/reeves-on-facing-boyhood-club/

As he says he played against us for Wimbledon last season when they won 2-1... I always wonder how it must feel beating the club you support, if I did that against Charlton myself I think I'd hate it

Main reason I decided not to be a professional football player
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Go on Charlton, win it for my adopted Grayhound dog, my beautiful Chewy who passed away yesterday...

Aw mate I'm so, so sorry to hear that. Greyhounds are such beautiful dogs. Me and Cassandra (my dog) are sending you our love.
    Thank you,
    And yes, we are trying to keep it all in proportion but failing miserably every time we walk in the door...
    Go Addicks
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Thank you,
    And yes, we are trying to keep it all in proportion but failing miserably every time we walk in the door...
    Go Addicks
    Nah, sod proportion mate, dogs are family.
  • Options
    Hope we can cobble (cabbles) a minimum of a point from a tough away game at this level.

If we are serious about promotion we need it.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Hope we can cobble (cabbles) a minimum of a point from a tough away game at this level.

If we are serious about promotion we need it.

This is a winnable game imo they looked very frail and vulnerable if we move the ball forward quick enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Takeover talk torpedoes our season 2-1 win.
  • Options
    Holmes shirt hanging up in dressing room
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    OS teaser that Holmes plays

4 - 3 Addicks
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Team

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMqcTUOX4AEedYk.jpg

CHARLTON | Amos, Solly (c), Bauer, Konsa, Sarr, Kashi, Forster-Caskey, Fosu, Clarke, Holmes, Magennis. #cafc
  • Options
    CHARLTON SUBS | Phillips, Dasilva, Jackson, Aribo, Reeves, Dodoo, Ahearne-Grant. #cafc
  • Options
    TEAM NEWS | That's two changes from Tuesday's draw at Oxford, with Ezri Konsa and Billy Clarke coming back into the side. #cafc
  • Options
    Dasilva dropped and sarr in at left back? Seems a strange change although Bradford are a big side.
  • Options
    Doyle, Reeves, Kilgallon, Law, Dieng, Wyke, Field, Gilliead, Hendrie, Knight-Percival, Patrick.

Thompson, McCartan, Hanson, Jones, Raedar, Robinson, Devine.

#BCAFC
  • Options
    Is DaSilva change to rest him or cos Bradford are a big side?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting change, it's possible that Dasilva is slightly tired, he's played a lot of games this season for someone so young
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Is DaSilva change to rest him or cos Bradford are a big side?

Not sure, have a word with KR, he should know :wink:
  • Options
    Quite a few injuries for Bradford looking at their team, we should be winning this.
  • Options
    Wot no match thread?
  • Options

Interesting change, it's possible that Dasilva is slightly tired, he's played a lot of games this season for someone so young

He rested Konsa after the England games, perhaps doing the same for Dasilva
  • Options

Wot no match thread?

Has not started yet
  • Options
    It's a Charlton "thing" that they play better against the better teams. I feel comfortable to predict a Charlton win.
  • Options

It's a Charlton "thing" that they play better against the better teams. I feel comfortable to predict a Charlton win.

Like we did against Wigan?
  • Options
    I hope Clarke is in the middle, we do better than when he is played wide
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!