Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's half term

Comments

• Options

Disneyland Paris. Got here yesterday afternoon, my daughter was beside herself when she saw the castle. I was beside myself when we got to the bar.

Did that last year, loved it - great place.
    Have to say it is bloody good here. Fantastic Star Wars boutique, wish I was a kid again.
  • Options
    In a cottage in Holme next the Sea. Opposite a pub that does great food and a very nice pint of Wherry.
    Lovely.
  • Options
    Norwich beer festival as frequently as possible before disappearing to the middle-east on Friday on a two year contract! Just starting to hit home that I may not get to The Valley or an away game again this season (although I will be home from mid-May onwards for a month just in time for the play-off final!).
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

I was asked at the last minute to look after my cousins 2 girls tomorrow, aged 9 & 13. Ive never had kids, and don't live here so don't have a feckin clue what to do!

Cinema & McDonalds would do for our 2 eldest grandkids of 13 & 10 especially as the weather is crap at the minute.
  • Options
    Gran Canaria on Saturday for our first ever package holiday ......
  • Options

ozaddick said:

I was asked at the last minute to look after my cousins 2 girls tomorrow, aged 9 & 13. Ive never had kids, and don't live here so don't have a feckin clue what to do!

Cinema & McDonalds would do for our 2 eldest grandkids of 13 & 10 especially as the weather is crap at the minute.
    Cinema is an option fanny, although I'd rather do something more active with them. Plus the only movie that is in their age range is a lego movie, which Is crap! We might head up to London for a look about.
    I kept an eye out for you at Bradford on Saturday Jean, alas I didn't spot you. I hope you and Mr F are well and happy. :smile:
  • Options
    The lego movies are great ozaddick
  • Options
    How about the Shrek Experience on south bank. We are taking our boys on Friday and then going natural history museum after. There is shrek, London aquarium and London eye all next to each other and can get discounts for buying tickets to more than one attraction. You have something like 90 days to use the second ticket if you don't want to do both same day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ozaddick said:

Cinema?

‘The pictures’ surely?
  • Options
    My daughter was bridesmaid for my brother at his wedding in Liverpool at the weekend so we was up there for 3 days.

Sadly, I'm back in the office today and my daughter is back with her Mum until she's back with me at the weekend. Think my daughter has got plans every day this week with her friends so she'll be busy.

I split up from her Mum 9 years ago now and it gets no easier being apart from her.
    We're just about on the verge of her spending more time with her friends than she does with me now. I know it happens to all of us at some point but christ, its making me feel sad.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

what about bowling?

I know its late but try and book as itll be mental busy, also take a shit load of change for the arcades
  • Options
    We went to the National Football museum today and it really is worth a visit if you're in the area.
    We get quite a mention in the bit about hooliganism!! A 10 minute video shows interviews with a well known hooligan and an ex copper (i think). He describes the first time he sees an end being taken. Us v Millwall, 1977.
    He describes the Covered end as a sea of red and white, it's as if someone has dropped a pebble into that sea and the ripples open up a hole that closes up to to become a sea of blue and white.
    Quite a good description i think. I can remember still trying to make myself disappear up my own arse.
  • Options
    Got the 10.24 up to Victoria this morning for a midday meeting, thinking I would have it to myself with my Kindle......wrong.

Managed to snag a seat surrounded by family's on outings stinking the coach out with with packed lunches, nibbles and sweets.

Kid behind me thought it was great fun to use the back of my seat as a drum, Mum sitting across the isle from him kept telling him to stop so I bit my lip but I tell you another few minutes and that kid would have had a drum stick pushed where the sun don't shine.
  • Options
    Miserable old scroat :-)
  • Options
    Grandchildren went back to Mum yesterday, apparently they had a lovely day out today. They caught a coach from Victoria............... ;)
  • Options
    Hate half term. Trains home are packed with kids and parents on the way home from a jolly day out. If they travel up to London off peak, out of commuter times, on the cheap, they should either be on a train home before 4pm or after 7pm. Really does my nog in.
  • Options
    Miserable old scroat :-)
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

ozaddick said:

Cinema is an option fanny, although I'd rather do something more active with them. Plus the only movie that is in their age range is a lego movie, which Is crap! We might head up to London for a look about.
    I kept an eye out for you at Bradford on Saturday Jean, alas I didn't spot you. I hope you and Mr F are well and happy. :smile:
    As we've been away, I didn't realise you were over again, Christian. Sorry to have missed you.

We're OK, thanks but will be even better when the Big "T" happens.

Are you up for a party at ours ? :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Transport museum has some very good steam trains.

You know it's proper Charlton when this post gets more likes than lols.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Grandchildren went back to Mum yesterday, apparently they had a lovely day out today. They caught a coach from Victoria............... ;)

They had a great time and returned home on the train. ;)
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

My daughter was bridesmaid for my brother at his wedding in Liverpool at the weekend so we was up there for 3 days.

Sadly, I'm back in the office today and my daughter is back with her Mum until she's back with me at the weekend. Think my daughter has got plans every day this week with her friends so she'll be busy.

I split up from her Mum 9 years ago now and it gets no easier being apart from her.
    We're just about on the verge of her spending more time with her friends than she does with me now. I know it happens to all of us at some point but christ, its making me feel sad.

Similar situation here, my eldest goes to secondary school next year and I'm bracing myself for that...hopefully we'll still have CAFC, thankfully she's moved a lot closer now so I reckon we'll still see her every weekend. Don't think she'd want to miss the time she spends with her sisters and brother

I know exactly how you feel though mate
  • Options

Hate half term. Trains home are packed with kids and parents on the way home from a jolly day out. If they travel up to London off peak, out of commuter times, on the cheap, they should either be on a train home before 4pm or after 7pm. Really does my nog in.

.......and there was me thinking of bringing my 3 up to town tomorrow & getting your train home so they can their Unc :smiley:
  • Options
    Loving the drive to work at the moment.
  • Options
    Bunker 51 next to the Barrier might be more suitable for the boys.
  • Options
    Kids. Orrible things. Can't get away from them. Loads of them in the office today, running round, climbing on desks, screaming and shouting, just generally causing problems. Did my nut in. Leave work and the train is full of them. Urgh.