Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's half term

Comments

• Options
    I fear your career in teaching may not be for you Canters.
  • Options

Gawd, Manchester city centre is a shithole. I've never seen so many homeless and beggars.
    We've travelled the length and breadth of Britain and Ireland and it's the only place I've got BaldybonceJNR to watch my back at a cash point.

You've not visited Newport yet then?
    LOL
  • Options
    My son has a week of inset days after half-term, so I'm taking him to Madrid to see Atletico at their new stadium. I've already mentioned this on the 'Annoys you' thread, about my having to buy a third ticket when I accidentally clicked on two separate seats. So if anyone else is jetting off to Madrid and wants to go to the Champions League game against Qarabag, I have a spare.
  • Options

Kids. Orrible things. Can't get away from them. Loads of them in the office today, running round, climbing on desks, screaming and shouting, just generally causing problems. Did my nut in. Leave work and the train is full of them. Urgh.

Miserable old young scroat
  • Options
    Same today. One stop from home and I can finally get a seat. Glad I only pay 5.5k a year for the privilege.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

My son has a week of inset days after half-term, so I'm taking him to Madrid to see Atletico at their new stadium. I've already mentioned this on the 'Annoys you' thread, about my having to buy a third ticket when I accidentally clicked on two separate seats. So if anyone else is jetting off to Madrid and wants to go to the Champions League game against Qarabag, I have a spare.

If you don't manage to shift it maybe try paying for your lunch/couple rounds in a bar with it.

My mate has done it with Arsenal tickets (basel away I think last season)when his mate pulled out, was talking to the landlord and said for lunch and a beer he could join them, said he got about £100 worth of food and drink for the price of a ticket (that his mate had paid for)
  • Options
    Good idea, Dave.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Same today. One stop from home and I can finally get a seat. Glad I only pay 5.5k a year for the privilege.

Your choice to live nr the coast & work in London. Do like I do & work from home - no commuting & certainly no kids taking up the seats.........well, not during the week that is.
  • Options

Your choice to live nr the coast & work in London. Do like I do & work from home - no commuting & certainly no kids taking up the seats.........well, not during the week that is.
    the problem would be the same if I were travelling in from Bexleyheath or even Borough Green. Day trippers travel cheap after 9.30am but can return on commuter trains. Weird.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    hawksmoor said:

If I had any spare cash at the moment I would definitely fancy that - new stadium looks amazing.

Habe a good time mate, sure you'll lad will absolutely love it!
  • Options

hawksmoor said:

If I had any spare cash at the moment I would definitely fancy that - new stadium looks amazing.

Cheers Neil. We’re staying within walking distance of the stadium. The downside is we’re miles from the centre of Madrid. A bit like a Spaniard staying near Wembley for a game and wondering where Big Ben is.

• Options
    hawksmoor said:

hawksmoor said:

Cheers Neil. We’re staying within walking distance of the stadium. The downside is we’re miles from the centre of Madrid. A bit like a Spaniard staying near Wembley for a game and wondering where Big Ben is.

Hopefully a lot nicer than round Wembley though!
  • Options
    Euston is closed and we're stuck on a train at Nuneaton.
  • Options
    Having a lovely afternoon in Greenwich. Haven't been here for a while, forgotten how nice it is.
  • Options
    at last a the end of a week of mass cramming on the tube at south kensington of people with all sorts of shit from the museums.
  • Options

You can use your tickets on alternative routes, these routes maybe quicker,Nuneaton to Coventry,Coventry to Reading,Reading to Paddington ,or Coventry to Banbury,Banbury to Marylebone
  • Options
    clive said:

You can use your tickets on alternative routes, these routes maybe quicker,Nuneaton to Coventry,Coventry to Reading,Reading to Paddington ,or Coventry to Banbury,Banbury to Marylebone
    thanks for that but all sorted now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Man City and the National Football Museum.
    All the City staff and fans on the tour were very friendly and told us not to go to UTD. So we didn't.
    And an armed guard for the trip home.
  • Options
    clive said:

We travelled down from Lancashire and got caught up in these delays due to a fatality.
  • Options
    Spent the afternoon at Tilgate park, Crawley.

Really good park. Kids loved it
  • Options
    Had my sons mates from school around playing football in the garden.
    Just replaced the glazing in the neighbours greenhouse.
  • Options
    Went shrek experience on south bank. Quite good , 4 and 6 year old really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Just took the wife, two of our kids and our dog down to Rye Harbour for a long walk and fish n chips. Nice place.

Our 17 year old is far too cool to come with us.
  • Options

Cracked my head open at Battle Abbey.

Possibly the only person to gain a war wound there 951 years after the event...

#onlyme

If you wasn't so tall it wouldn't have happened lofty
  • Options

#onlyme

If you wasn't so tall it wouldn't have happened lofty
    I think that was the shock, first time I've ever cracked my head on anything!
  • Options

#onlyme

After our last night out of the first year of uni i Canterbury, we decided we couldn't go a whole year without seeing inside the cathedral so went down into town to take a look.

Unfortunately I had a hangover so bad that I got a nosebleed (which I've never managed before or since - was a very messy night), and dripped all over the floor. Went back a few years ago and the stain was still there. So there are two supposed blood stains in the cathedral - one is allegedly Thomas a Becket's, the other is definitely mine.