Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do you look out for a second club

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]used to look out for Charlton's Ladies.....

Seriously, so did I ...... reflected glory and all that.
    And watched every minute of the Women's Cup Final this year on telly.

My other team 'should' be Plymouth Argyle and I've seen them play loads of times as I live only an hour away from Home Park - and most of my mates down here in Oggyland are Argyle.

But you know, I've got red & white blood coursing through my veins not green.

Anyway, can you imagine shouting out: "Come on you GREENS!
    Sounds like a row of cabbages.
  • Options
    Welling and Hearts for me. Went to Edinburgh with work in 1999 and caught a game. 1-1 with Motherwell.
  • Options
    St. Pauli

German side

Haven't the first idea of their results though. Just like the fact that they fully embrace the darker side of German culture and play in the middle of the red light district. Google them!!
  • Options
    I think St Pauli got promoted to Bundesliga 2 and of course Corey Gibbs is an ex-player.
  • Options
    I saw a team photo of them and they were all wearing handcuffs!!

Have they got a new ground agreed yet BFR??
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    i've got a celtic/st pauli sticker on my pc monitor.

i've also got a soft spot for dukla prague.
  • Options
    Hibs for me, can remember them coming down for a pre season friendly and turning over the old Den !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]St. Pauli

German side

i maybe wrong, but i'm sure Henry did a VOTV article on them once.

Oi Henry, is that true ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]swansea, i went uni there for three years and saw quite a few games (still kept my CAFC ST though).
    Swansea for me too since that's where I'm from.
  • Options
    Why should I look out for a second club?

Are they coming to get me?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    St Pauli still play at the Millerntor stadion in Hamburg although this is undergoing renovation which is scheduled to be completed in 2013.
  • Options
    Welling Utd.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]
    i've also got a soft spot for dukla prague.

Don't tell me - you used to want one of their away kits?
  • Options
    I've always looked out for LA Galaxy
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]St. Pauli

German side

i maybe wrong, but i'm sure Henry did a VOTV article on them once.

Oi Henry, is that true ?

No, I did an article on Reinickendorf Fuchese (the Foxes) who are the team of Greenwich's twin town. It's a suburb of Berlin. They have a great youth set up and had produced a lot of decent young players including Tomas Hasler who went on the play for Hamburg and earn 101 caps. They have had a bad few years and now play in a Berlin District league which is the fifth level of German football.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinickendorfer_Füchse

I was suggesting that Charlton establish closer links with them and NK Maribor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NK_Maribor) in Slovenia (Maribor is the other twin) but the club wanted to go with Inter Milan. I think I was right : - 0

What this does prove is that AFKA spends all his time going through old copies of Voice of the Valley looking for inspiration. Just hope he doesn't find my articles on the Supporters' Director role ; - )
  • Options
    All I want for Christmas, ay Les is a Dukla Prague away kit,

For me I really enjoyed the trip to Roda, watch for Welling and the O's.
  • Options
    bump,

so what kind of season did everyone's 2nd team have ?

Welling were dire, but changed managers with a couple of months to go, and just done enough to pull away from relegation.
  • Options
    Welling - as you say, a crap season but at least they didn't go down!

Barca - bloody Madrid!

Eintracht Frankfurt - looking good for a European Cup place a few weeks ago but now lost a few games, will be going to see them next wednesday against Wolfsburg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]bump,

so what kind of season did everyone's 2nd team have ?

Mine started poorly, promised a bit but never got going. Will probably end up just above mid after helping an East Midlands team to survive in the Champ.

My first team are off to Moscow and will probably win the Prem too........;-)
  • Options
    Glasgow Rangers, watch them 1-2 times a season if I can get up there and and friendlies down south if possible.

Look out for Gills, Dartford, Ebbsfleet & Welling results.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swansea went up as Champions!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]Glasgow Rangers, watch them 1-2 times a season if I can get up there and and friendlies down south if possible.

Look out for Gills, Dartford, Ebbsfleet & Welling results.

Oh and on the how they doing thread...

Rangers....Won the league cup, in the Scottish FA final, in the Uefa cup semi 2nd leg tonight and games in hand to win the title by 4 points is still on, so all in all a great season if it comes off.

Gills....errrrr......Dartford...champions ryman north, Ebbsfleet....mid table Blue square.
  • Options
    I missed this first time round, the teams I look out for are...

Hearts - Nan and Grandad used to live in Edinburgh so used to go to a game when visiting.
    Leyton Orient - Used to have a ST as a kid running alongside my Charlton one for when we were away as I was too young to go away on my own.
    Millwall - See if any of my mates have played/scored etc.
  • Options
    man utd & montrose.
    1 are in the champions league final and in the driving seat for back to back domestic titles.
    the other drew 1-1 with stranraer last night in an end of season playoff semi final first leg, that will hopefully see them move into the third tier of their league structure.
  • Options
    Deportivo La Coruna - Started season like relegation material and now closing on a Euro place!

Celtic - very few highlights really.

In all honesty it only really hurts when it's Charlton that let me down. Charlton is like the love you have for family, and the above are more like casual friends.
  • Options
    Margate just missed out on Ryman Premier play offs and major Boardroom wrangles allegedly....

Gillingham down to division 2 in all probability.
  • Options
    Cant believe no one has said Dundee,they will always be my second team after the days spent in the company of their boys late eighties.Gutted they missed out on promotion this year.Other than that the gers.Locally Cray Wands and Tooting and Mitcham as i have made their strips this year.They will play each other in the play off final on saturday if cray beat met police tonight,to see who gains promotion to Ryman Premier.
  • Options
    Bromley did well in their first season in the Blue Sq South. Mid table but worries that both rich Chairman have left.

Celtic are top of the league

Torino are just above relegation

Petts Wood Owls U9s just missed out on promotion in the Autumn season and just missed out on relegation in the spring season. I told the boss "Too many kids in the team" but he wouldn't listen.
  • Options
    [cite]

Celtic are top of the league

Not for long fella, not for long
  • Options
    west ham are my second club always had a soft spot for them after they won the world cup
    tough season with so many injuries but i suppose 10th in the prem is better than 12th in the championship
    couldn't believe the luck the hammers got with curbs going down there
    i do look on my second club with envy cos we used to be that good