Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD announces plan for tribute to Valley campaigners at 25th anniversary match

Comments

• Options

If people wish to continue their boycott at the Portsmouth game,then their principles are to be commended,personally,I feel this is the ideal opportunity to show Roland what this club is all about,to replicate that wonderful day 25 years ago,and show him the depth of feelings that brought the club back from the brink of extinction.Also it would be great for the team to play in front of an attendance more suited to the efforts they are putting in this season.

Totally agreed with this. Let’s let Katrien know whose club it is.
  • Options
    Well played CARD.
    Im really pissed off, I was going to break my boycott for this one, but my works Xmas do is in Dublin that weekend.
    How do I get hold of a rosette anyway??
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

T_C_E said:

Are the rosettes available for "overseas" ifollow viewers for a donation?

I’ll shove two in my back pocket for you.

Thank you B
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Stig said:

Redrobo said:

Hi Stig, I am sorry you and others are not going as for me this is a celebration of fan power and I like the fact that KM is being forced to acknowledge our history and the part so many played in making our club so special.

A full stadium would reinforce that IMO and also show any potential purchasers what could be.

I understand why you and others begrudge him every last penny but don't think one better day is going to make any difference, other than hopefully sticking in his throat as to what he has missed out on.

I was really hoping he would be gone before this game. Hopefully not long now.

I hear what you say Redrobo, but I've thought all along that the best way to force Duchatelet's hand was to completely boycott. I recognise that others don't believe this, or are not prepared to make such a leap. But for me, when I said I wouldn't allow him to get his hands on any more of my money I really meant it. I will not pay to enter The Valley all the time that he is the owner. I hope that those that do have a great time, but I'm afraid it's not for me any more. He has to go before I will return.
    I haven't been since I made the decision to boycott home games until Duchatelet is gone, back when Luzon was appointed. Whilst for the most part I've held up pretty well, but this match is giving me the wobbles, it has such a special meaning and is a celebration of our fans too. I think I'll probably end up going. I hate being torn like this, it should be a game we all rush to get tickets for.
  • Options
    Can we have a bit more context as to what KM did to stop the mention in the 2015 speech?

Great idea as per normal CARD on the rosettes.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Can we have a bit more context as to what KM did to stop the mention in the 2015 speech?

Great idea as per normal CARD on the rosettes.

Foot stamping session before the start with the organisers, who refused to agree. Of course her problem was the person giving the speech (which was entirely non-controversial).

Since then she has been keen to take control of the player of the year, leading to it not taking place at all last year. Many involved believe the two things are related.
  • Options
    If anyone Charlton based could grab me a rosette I would really appreciate it, I'll be in London for 4 days from the 16th before heading back to China and could come to collect it.
  • Options
    My view - as others have saidits an opportunity to show old and new owners what our fan power at Charlton is capable of both in the Valley Party of old and in CARD, CASTtrust, FF, today

There's also a charity element to it.

Our club is sickly and on its knees lets roar it back to life, and show them its all about the fans

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017
    razil said:

My view - as others have saidits an opportunity to show old and new owners what our fan power at Charlton is capable of both in the Valley Party of old and in CARD, CASTtrust, FF, today

Our club is sickly and on its knees lets roar it back to life, and show them its all about the fans

The charity element will be more than offset by extra ticket revenue from the bigger crowd at higher prices.
  • Options

razil said:

The charity element will be more than offset by extra ticket revenue from the bigger crowd at higher prices.
    Take your point, but its still better than nowt. Plus there may be something more coming.
  • Options
    I'll be there. Just waiting for the email from card about volunteers to help hand them out.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

razil said:

razil said:

Take your point, but its still better than nowt. Plus there may be something more coming.
    Are they going to sign the papers for the sale of the club on the pitch pre-match. Then jump into an awaiting helicopter and depart Saigon style at the end of the Vietnam War?
    so I hear
  • Options
    razil said:

HarryLime said:

razil said:

razil said:

Are they going to sign the papers for the sale of the club on the pitch pre-match. Then jump into an awaiting helicopter and depart Saigon style at the end of the Vietnam War?
    so I hear
    I also heard that once the helicopter has disappeared the new owners will be seen rappelling from the top of the West Stand and then swing into the directors' box.

I have my doubts it's true though.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

razil said:

razil said:

Are ground to air missiles easily available on E Bay?
  • Options
    Great idea.
    Looking forward to this day and getting immersed in that atmosphere.
  • Options
    Great idea. Call me a centrist Dad, but after a season's boycott I cracked, and now attend the odd game, and this will be one. A great pity the club have gone against the spirit of the occasion by raising the price of tickets for the game, and also charging extortionate prices for the retro top and the celebratory meal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The price of the shirt is absolutely criminal
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Cant the boycotters please come back for this match?
    Please?

seeing as you asked so nicely B I'll be there.
  • Options
    Does anyone know what time the rosettes will be available?

This is the first match I will have attended since May 2016 and I 'm so looking forward to it. We'll be in a hospitality suite so will be arriving quite early.

Hope a takeover is announced before the 9th so it can be an extra special celebration.
  • Options

A certain wife of a certain club sec has claimed that this is all about "those that thibk they are far more important than they are" to the club's history.

I wonder if she is reflecting the views of her husband's employers.

Maybe - although if that were the case she would have included 'cobber' at the end.