Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• If he's back in Charlton kit is there a chance he could play against Gillingham as surely any recall could be activated from Jan 1st?
  • RedChaser said:

According to Doucher on the Takeover thread, he reckons we've already arranged one striker coming in & that he is someone that has previously played for us. The other is a more experienced professional but the deal has hit a snag.

Big warning though - the poster has always denied that a takeover was happening & that DD has not yet taken place so I'd take anything he says with a very large pinch of salt.

REZA RETURNS
    I've never given a flag Paulie but you came quite close there :wink:
    25 goals in 50 games for Heerenveen

TBH I do wonder how much playing, training with TBH actually affected him(now TBH isnt here would a Reza return be the worst thing)
  • RedChaser said:

According to Doucher on the Takeover thread, he reckons we've already arranged one striker coming in & that he is someone that has previously played for us. The other is a more experienced professional but the deal has hit a snag.

Big warning though - the poster has always denied that a takeover was happening & that DD has not yet taken place so I'd take anything he says with a very large pinch of salt.

REZA RETURNS
    I've never given a flag Paulie but you came quite close there :wink:
    25 goals in 50 games for Heerenveen

TBH I do wonder how much playing, training with TBH actually affected him(now TBH isnt here would a Reza return be the worst thing)
    Didnt play with him two seasons ago though.

I just think Reza is one of those players who can hack it in Holland as they have the technical ability yet are too lightweight to handle the English game... Nothing wrong with that as he wont be the first or last to fall fowl of that
  • According to Doucher on the Takeover thread, he reckons we've already arranged one striker coming in & that he is someone that has previously played for us. The other is a more experienced professional but the deal has hit a snag.

REZA RETURNS
    That description sounds more like Mavididi.
  • Underwhelmed by the prospect of Mavididi coming back to be honest, what did he actually do last time? Yes it was a great run but he missed the goal!!!

We need a striker to come in and get at least 10 goals, no doubting his talent but I don't see him getting us the goals we need.
  • DA9 said:

Friend of mine said weeks ago that BWP was on his way back, now that would be a signing.

If I remember back 2 months
    At Bromley addicks Karl was asked about BWP
    He confirmed he has spoken to him, but for some reason called him an overseas risk.
  • Sponsored links:

• So is it David Mooney or Akko Sodje?
  • Pawel Abbott
  • Churchinho, Christ returns to his holy land.
  • The name I hear for striker was some guy named Igor. Can't remember last name.
  • It's Nike kit that he kept at the end of the season to wear round the house/gym.

I'd love to have him back but I think it's his studies that are neverending

I assume he’s reviewing Roland’s tactical plans as presented to SCP.
  • It's Roger Johnson coming back as a striker and passes the height test. WELCOME HOME ROGER.
  • It's Mavadidi.
  • edited December 2017
    Its Igor

• How very RD to bring Igor back as our big striker signing. Meh.
  • Mavadidi worse re it’s than Dodoo
  • Sponsored links:

• Well whoever it is it wiil be an improvement on Dodoo
  • DA9 said:

Friend of mine said weeks ago that BWP was on his way back, now that would be a signing.

I know we love to mock the quality of American Soccer but considering how big of a success he has been over there, I struggle to believe he could not do better then us if his agent made it known he was interested in playing back in England for a few months.
  • Richard J said:
    As I said previously, Robinson said that it would a striker who was in form & scoring goals...........and our manager never lies, does he.
  • Richard J said:
    As I said previously, Robinson said that it would a striker who was in form & scoring goals...........and our manager never lies, does he.
    It does say he was after Doyle until his bloodclaart problems though. Maybe he was referring to Doyle
  • Umerah recalled from his loan.
  • Mavidi, Vetekele, Umerah alongside Magennis & KAG would give options for rotation & resting players who have picked up a knock (that should reassure Vetekele). A fit Vetekele is an asset, playing behind the lead striker, might work a treat.
  • edited December 2017
    vff said:

Mavidi, Vetekele, Umerah alongside Magennis & KAG would give options for rotation & resting players who have picked up a knock (that should reassure Vetekele). A fit Vetekele is an asset, playing behind the lead striker, might work a treat.

That forward line = another season in league one.

Gambling on young or crocked players is not the answer. I welcome Mavidi as an extra body but we need an in form L1 proven main striker as well I.e. Doyle, Aneke etc
  • Umerah recalled from his loan.

He is injured