Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• uie2 said:

cfgs said:
    Belgian?
    Indeed
  • Scoham said:

J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:
    Don’t want a Nigel wearing our shirt ta

Facetious. He wasn’t on loan from Palace was he.
    David Whyte
  • Scoham said:
    I saw "Charlton want to sign..." and then the picture, put two and two together and got five thousand.
  • Could be, didn't he ask Real to lower his release clause from £900m to a mere £90m?
  • J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:
    Powell as been mentioned
    Mark Hudson maybe not a legend but a fantastic player
    Mark Bright
  • Hudson fantastic? Thought he was bang average

Everyone has there own opinions i thought he was fantastic(and i aont just saying that because i met him and Varney at the club shop in Bexleyheath)
    When we got relegated didnt we get just over a million for him as well
  • Surprised Paul Mortimer hasnt been mentioned as someone who made the move up from Surrey
  • He was decent for us, didn't see the best of him in our poor side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Palace/Charlton? The peerless Bobby Goldthorpe.
  • I’m certainly not bothered by Lokilo being a Palace player or Belgian. Some of the best players in europe are coming out of Belgium these days. Palace are a Premier League team with players and a squad we can only dream about.

If we do loan him and he can contribute to us getting out of the third tier of English football I’ll take that all day long.

On a different tack. Where are the two players that were reported as “already signed” ?

My comment about being Belgian was more a nod to this could be a signing of any of our recent managers. It such an RD move, probably one of his little laptop nerds recommendations.
  • Charlton Athletic are hoping to complete the signing of Crystal Palace winger Jason Lokilo, according to a report in the Sun, Print Edition, Monday 1st January 2018.

The youngster has failed to make an impression for the Eagles this season, with just one appearance in the League Cup to his name, and he has spent the majority of his time honing his craft playing for the under-23s at Selhurst Park.

However, he is still only 19, and Charlton are thought to be eyeing a move for Lokilo as they look to complete a deal and give the winger some valuable experience and game time down in League One.

The move would no doubt be an opportunity Lokilo would grab with both hands, with Palace in a relegation dog fight and manager Roy Hodgson in no position to be trying to blood young talent as he looks to steer the Eagles to Premier League safety.

Lokilo moved to Palace from Anderlecht and is expected to go on to be a success, and a loan move at this stage in his young career could well be the perfect move for the youngster.
  • Cue a Golfie rant :wink:
  • Johnny Humphrey and Darren Pitcher - from the sublime to the ridiculous.
  • We need some experienced Champ players to go with all our youngsters. That is the only way to progress this window. Foreign imports and young players on loan are not the answer.
  • Surprised Paul Mortimer hasnt been mentioned as someone who made the move up from Surrey

He moved from foolham

• Riscardo said:

Surprised Paul Mortimer hasnt been mentioned as someone who made the move up from Surrey

He moved from foolham

Guess he played for us / went to Surrey and then came back.
  • Thought KR wanted a replacement Clarke and a couple of strikers rather than a winger? Unless he now intends to give KAG a run of starts up front.
  • Loans and more loans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Thought KR wanted a replacement Clarke and a couple of strikers rather than a winger? Unless he now intends to give KAG a run of starts up front.

I think it could be more of a case of Fosu playing in the 10 role when he’s back..?
  • edited January 2018
    So Mavididi is the proven striker!? We can look forward to him and a disgruntled KR at the end of the transfer window then.

Please feck off soon RD, we want someone who actually wants to get this club out of this shite division...
  • No offence to Stephy but that transfer would not be good enough I'm discussed by Robinson
  • Understand the lack of excitement about the return of a loan striker who has never scored in a competitive game BUT if you were KR and all you could bring in was loan signings (and I expect one's with next to no loan fee) what would you do?

This is the best we can expect this window unless the takeover happens in Jan.

Hopefully RD will sell up soon as I can see our season being over by the Shrewsbury game if it doesn't happen by then.

The only way we will compete for players like Kieffer Moore (who Rotherham have already bid for) is if the takeover happens and KR has cash to spend. Roland will obviously not fund more than short term loans whilst he's selling.
  • Nothing new but the below on BBC rumours page.

Arsenal striker Stephy Mavididi, 19, is poised to join Charlton on loan. (ESPN)
  • J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:
    Powell as been mentioned
    Mark Hudson maybe not a legend but a fantastic player
    Mark Bright
    Add John Salako to the list.
  • So Mavididi is the proven striker!? We can look forward to him and a disgruntled KR at the end of the transfer window then.

Please feck off soon RD, we want someone who actually wants to get this club out of this shite division...

Who said that this was the proven striker he was after?

There is no point throwing toys out of the pram until things are a little clearer.

We may not get what we would all like player wise this window; but that is a small price to pay for Rolly selling up