Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Stick him up top... I’ll put money on him being more effective and mobile than that other fella we persist with

What a good idea. Sign a player and then play him in his best position. A bit revolutionary; do you think it will catch on?
  • Redrobo said:

Stick him up top... I’ll put money on him being more effective and mobile than that other fella we persist with

What a good idea. Sign a player and then play him in his best position. A bit revolutionary; do you think it will catch on?

Not at Charlton. Everyone knows that Centrebacks should play fullback or central midfield. Strikers play on the wing and a Goalkeeper up top ;)
  • shirty5 said:

I think it will be Matt Godden

Loan players are not the answer. Never seen a loan player really bust a gut or kiss the badge. They have no affinity for the club & in general aren't really interested.
    Scott Carson=POTY
    Johnnie Jackson also. In his 4 games on loan he bust a gut. He earned a perm move too.

• dickplumb said:

Burnley are preparing a bid for Ezri Konsa. From a very reliable source.

Good luck to them. He's still no Gomez and is going backwards at the moment, this could be the move he needs to step it up.
  • Redrobo said:

Stick him up top... I’ll put money on him being more effective and mobile than that other fella we persist with

Don't be silly, Mavididi is Solly's replacement.
  • Mavididi isn't the reliable goalscorer KR was talking about. But he's potentially a great loan for us. Potentially.

Didn't we hear that the reliable goalscorer deal had a hitch? I think the player in question is carrying a knock (?) - which is about par for the course.

I still think an enforcer type midfielder would be of benefit.

Jimmy Seed (sorry) used to say you need luck in football, and I'm not sure luck is something we've been endowed with at Charlton recently.
    He never had the benefit of ambitious owners with money to burn, but at least the club was reasonably well run in his day, not the shambles it is now. It's pointless scapegoating the players, the fans or the manager while the club is so dysfunctional.
    Let's pray that new owners can give the club a completely fresh start. A reboot, if you like.
    And then perhaps we'll have earned some good luck.
  • JamesSeed said:

Didn't we hear that the reliable goalscorer deal had a hitch? I think the player in question is carrying a knock (?) - which is about par for the course.

That was the fella with a blood clot. Doyle was it?
  • Dazzler21 said:

JamesSeed said:

That was the fella with a blood clot. Doyle was it?
    Think so. But I'm not ITK of course.
  • We wanted to bring Doyle in on loan but the blood clot has scuppered that.
  • Being quoted on the other January transfer thread that Peterborough have had a bid accepted by Ipswich for Keiffer Moore. £250k plus add ons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably nothing in it but saw a rumour that Duckens Nazon, the Wolves striker who’s been on loan at Coventry could be a loan option for us.
  • mart77 said:

Probably nothing in it but saw a rumour that Duckens Nazon, the Wolves striker who’s been on loan at Coventry could be a loan option for us.

For ducks sake
  • mart77 said:

Probably nothing in it but saw a rumour that Duckens Nazon, the Wolves striker who’s been on loan at Coventry could be a loan option for us.

has he scored any goals ???
  • Scored 8 in 24 for Coventry this season
  • 6 goals in 21 games according to Wikipedia
  • edited January 2018
    Wiki

After going through the youth system at Vannes, the forward joined FC Lorient's reserve team in 2013. Later that year, he joined French fourth-tier side US Roye.

After brief stints at Olympique Saint-Quentin and Stade Lavallois, he joined Kerala Blasters in the Indian Super League on September 2016.

Three months later, on 13 January 2017, he signed a six-month deal with English Championship side Wolverhampton Wanderers, becoming part of their under-23 team.[2] On 4 August 2017 he went out on loan to League Two side Coventry City.[3] He made his English league debut for the club the following day as a substitute in a 3–0 win against Notts County.[4] On 8 August 2017 he scored his first goal in English football, scoring in the Sky Blues' 1–3 League Cup defeat to Blackburn.[5]

He is signed to Wolves until summer 2019.
  • mart77 said:

Scored 8 in 24 for Coventry this season

More than any of our players so must be good.
  • Redrobo said:

Clearly not... he’ll get 20 mins max per game out wide while we persist with cart horses with cement feet playing 90 mins
  • Didn’t that Michael Walsh account used to be one of the ‘Southend news network’ accounts? It’s all changed now but I’m sure it’s the same handle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Get Billy in.
  • Get Billy in.

We have enough goats already
  • Didn’t that Michael Walsh account used to be one of the ‘Southend news network’ accounts? It’s all changed now but I’m sure it’s the same handle.
    Yeah it's another one of those " ITK" fake journo accounts. Like that annoying Roger Fairtree account that only appears in Transfer Windows.
  • I heard we were interested in him a couple of weeks ago but thought that the fact we were said now to be only interested in loans had done for that. I still can’t see RD stumping up that sort of money when he’s negotiating to sell.
  • Or go for the league 1 top scorer for £250k. We should be able to find that.
  • Dodoo and Mavididi. Can't wait for us to sign Steve mandada and chris iweldudu
  • Billy Bodin

With the Belgium scrote sack in charge more like Billy Bunter
  • Sign Allessani, or play Hanlan.
    Both would be better options than Bodin, not to say he is rubbish, but he is never £750,000.
  • Linked by Nixon to Pittman. I suspect that’s one lined up if the takeover gets done.
  • Linked by Nixon to Pittman. I suspect that’s one lined up if the takeover gets done.

Tricky Dicky?