Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• I would take £1.3M for Holmes as long as a replacement or two was secured first.

We wont get 1.3M for him
    Be lucky to get 700k-800k
    They will try to take advantage of takeover and get him for a knockdown price
  • My tongue was firmly in my cheek making that statement.
  • Scoham said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/future-of-charlton-athletic-winger-ricky-holmes-in-doubt/

Ricky Holmes’ Charlton Athletic future is in fresh doubt – with fears that the winger could be sold, writes Richard Cawley.
    Addicks owner Roland Duchatelet has put the block on any further signings in this month’s transfer window as he looks to sell up.
    And it is unclear if Holmes – persuaded to sign a new long-term deal in the summer by the club’s ambitions to gain promotion from League One – may also be seeking an exit.
    Sheffield United previously failed with bids for the winger, 30, pictured above. The Yorkshire club are understood to have £2million to spend this month and have agreed a £700,000 fee for Southend’s Ryan Leonard.
    The fact that the South London club appear in limbo while buyout talks continue could open the door for interested suitors.
    Please open a new thread called Transfer speculation & let this be the first posting.

Shocking of Cawley to write this. No substance, no quotes & nothing to back this up with.
  • I would take £1.3M for Holmes as long as a replacement or two was secured first.

We wont get 1.3M for him
    Be lucky to get 700k-800k
    They will try to take advantage of takeover and get him for a knockdown price
    Read this on news and ignored it. If DD taking place there will not be any out unless agreed by potential new owners. Same with any in.

Rolly would not pocket anything. Double entry book keeping. It moves from one column to another.

No point in pissing off any buyer anyway.
  • Sell your best assets this month before looking to accept an offer for the football club. Did this not happen when he sold Liege?
  • Scoham said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/future-of-charlton-athletic-winger-ricky-holmes-in-doubt/

Ricky Holmes’ Charlton Athletic future is in fresh doubt – with fears that the winger could be sold, writes Richard Cawley.
    Addicks owner Roland Duchatelet has put the block on any further signings in this month’s transfer window as he looks to sell up.
    And it is unclear if Holmes – persuaded to sign a new long-term deal in the summer by the club’s ambitions to gain promotion from League One – may also be seeking an exit.
    Sheffield United previously failed with bids for the winger, 30, pictured above. The Yorkshire club are understood to have £2million to spend this month and have agreed a £700,000 fee for Southend’s Ryan Leonard.
    The fact that the South London club appear in limbo while buyout talks continue could open the door for interested suitors.
    Please open a new thread called Transfer speculation & let this be the first posting.

Shocking of Cawley to write this. No substance, no quotes & nothing to back this up with.

The thread says "rumours". This is a "rumour" from a source with a direct link to the club and manager.

It might be something he's just made up to for a laugh or to fill space or maybe he's had a tip off. I don't know but I hear that Robinson can be very vocal when he wants to be and also be less than discreet.

Right place for the story.
  • shirty5 said:

Sell your best assets this month before looking to accept an offer for the football club. Did this not happen when he sold Liege?

If a players book value was £700k and you sell him for £1mil, the club is 'worth' £300k more. It would therefore be in Rollys best intrest to sell in those circumstances as long as you don't piss of the buyers. If the offer was less than book the club would be worth less. There is no way Rolly can just 'trouser' the money.

The buyers may not have a particular player in their plans and maybe happy for you to sell.

Deals are more likely to be agreed if the purchase was all over bar the shouting and both parties agree to buy/sell before the window closes. Hopefully a deal will be struck before then.

On Homes, maybe he is as pissed off as Robbo that the signings he thought were coming are not happening and is therefore not the deal he signed up for. Hard luck. He will have to wait like the rest of us to see what happens.
  • Igor and another 4 additions (CM, ST and 2

I would take £1.3M for Holmes as long as a replacement or two was secured first.

100%, probably the most overrated player in Charlton history

• Allways amuses me, if we get xxxxx money for this or that player we don’t get sod all Rat bag does and that’s never changed.
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah because forward planning and squad strengthening have been key ingredients of the Duchatelet regime...........
  • Shame how he has fallen; he was excellent at right back in 13/14 when Solly was injured for most of the season
  • Lawrie Wilson's career seems to have declined very quickly. Surely he's too good for that level?
  • Lawrie Wilson's career seems to have declined very quickly. Surely he's too good for that level?

You would think so given that he played a fair bit for a Bolton side who came 2nd in league one only last season.
  • Far too good for that level, but maybe he wanted to move closer to home and they may have been the only club willing to pay him well enough and offer him a contract.

Good on him, decent player, decent person.
  • If Holmes leaves, i expect his replacement will be either Fosu or Mavididi, and if we're really lucky maybe a loan striker from a Championship club.

Wont happen. Any money will go straight into the old codgers pocket.
    Which would then come off the price a new owner would be prepared to pay.Not good for the team, but RD wouldn't really benefit
  • edited January 2018
    I'd of re-signed him in a heartbeat. Got stick off many but is far better than a lot of what we have now
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

The thread says "rumours". This is a "rumour" from a source with a direct link to the club and manager.

It might be something he's just made up to for a laugh or to fill space or maybe he's had a tip off. I don't know but I hear that Robinson can be very vocal when he wants to be and also be less than discreet.

Right place for the story.

No its not. A rumour is repeating something you've heard that may be true or not. Cawley's article says nothing about anything he's heard about Holmes (or any other player for that matter) but talks about "fears" that Holmes may leave because any reassurances he may have been given when signing his new contract in the summer haven't been forthcoming. That is just Cawleys take on things - if he has heard anything to back this up he would have at least said "sources tell me" or "I've heard ...." but all he jas said is that Holmes could leave. Whoppee do. We all know that. Any of the players could be sold - its not rocket science - its transfer window time after all.

I'll give £20 to the upbeats if Holmes leaves in this window,

• I cant imagine Holmes will leave. Any prospective buyer for the club would want a discount on RD's asking price as Holmes is one of the biggest assets the club has.

I would take £1.3M for Holmes as long as a replacement or two was secured first.

Who would we get to replace him for that money assuming KR received any of it?
    A 19 year old on loan from Arsenal.

• https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a54dddb35d58/dillon-phillips-extends-contract-until-2019

With Dillon's contract being extended by another year, we really need to get another keeper in so that he can go out on loan in the second half of the season
  • CAFCTrev said:

I cant imagine Holmes will leave. Any prospective buyer for the club would want a discount on RD's asking price as Holmes is one of the biggest assets the club has.

Sell's players for peanuts but the club for fortunes - Rolands Logic