Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Linked by Nixon to Pittman. I suspect that’s one lined up if the takeover gets done.

Brett Pittman of Pompey?
  • uie2 said:

Linked by Nixon to Pittman. I suspect that’s one lined up if the takeover gets done.

Brett Pittman of Pompey?
    Yes
  • Shawn McCoulsky who headed the winner for Newport County this afternoon started out at Dulwich Hamlet.
  • Charlton boss Karl Robinson has urged the club to sign more players after missing out on early transfer targets.

Addicks owner Roland Duchatelet is looking to sell the club, which has led to uncertainty surrounding the January transfer window.

Charlton beat Oldham 1-0 today to win for the first time in nine league matches - but Robinson still wants more after adding Stephy Mavididi to his squad on Wednesday.

He said: “The week’s not ended on a good note because I’m not coming to you with players that we’re signing.

“We’re Charlton Athletic. We’ve got to bring in players in this window to be competitive. Everyone’s listening, this is a great club.

“There are some great players we can bring in, we’ve missed out on one or two already because of this. I’m a little bit frustrated. I apologise if I seem down after the game but we still need more. The players need more help.

“I’ve not spoken to anyone [since Thursday]. We’re all doing four different jobs at the moment. I bet [Oldham manager] Richie [Wellens] is in a ten times worse position than me.

“You're coming in at 8am and not leaving until 9pm. I met four agents last night - it’s just relentless at the moment. And where that wasn't your role, it is now.

“I’ll go as far as it takes to make this football club successful. While we have people who aren't in certain positions, we have to stand up as staff and be counted. We’re willing to do the right things for the football club.

“Everyone who’s phoned me up, I’ve told them we’re not trading at the moment.”
  • edited January 2018
    Devante Cole of Fleetwood is available. Rangers sniffing around. Only 22 years old. 13 goals this season. 1.85m tall. Contract ends in June and rumour is that Rangers might snap him for a "bargain price." Wonder if we could get him to stay in League One?
  • edited January 2018

Devante Cole of Rotherham is available. Rangers sniffing around. Only 22 years old. 13 goals this season. 1.85m tall. Contract ends in June and rumour is that Rangers might snap him for a "bargain price." Wonder if we could get him to stay in League One?

Would be a very good signing for us and exactly what we need. Major issue is there is Championship interest for him and with our takeover talks etc I just don't see it. The kind of player though imo that could do well for us and make the step up if we get promoted

Edit: he's also a Fleetwood player mate, not Rotherham
  • edited January 2018
    Fixed, thanks.

I was thinking Rotherham because I also keep thinking about Keiffer.
  • edited January 2018
    What is the point of this thread? We are not going to sign anybody If RD is still in charge.
  • Devante Cole of Fleetwood is available. Rangers sniffing around. Only 22 years old. 13 goals this season. 1.85m tall. Contract ends in June and rumour is that Rangers might snap him for a "bargain price." Wonder if we could get him to stay in League One?

No thanks, what happened in 2011 when we signed a striker who was the son of a former Premier League striker just after a takeover went through...
  • Sponsored links:

• He looked rubbish on the telly against Leicester at the weekend. Wonder if he's just living off his Dads reputation.
  • He looked rubbish on the telly against Leicester at the weekend. Wonder if he's just living off his Dads reputation.

Only 22
    Scored 13 goals this season.
    Leicester area Premier League side
    Will a centre forward scoring 13 goals in the second half of this season get us into the playoffs?
    Is he available?
    Is a good price?
  • Sheff Utd wanted Cole in the summer, tried to sign him on the last day. Think Fleetwood increased the price at the last minute (there was a video of Wilder and the last day of transfer window)
  • Sheff Utd wanted Cole in the summer, tried to sign him on the last day. Think Fleetwood increased the price at the last minute (there was a video of Wilder and the last day of transfer window)

Watched that mini documentary, looked like Wilder was having an absolute nightmare!
  • Devante Cole of Fleetwood is available. Rangers sniffing around. Only 22 years old. 13 goals this season. 1.85m tall. Contract ends in June and rumour is that Rangers might snap him for a "bargain price." Wonder if we could get him to stay in League One?

If his contract is over in the summer, rangers wont need a fee,
    I am sure scottish clubs can talk to players from the english league if they have less than 6 months
  • Gleeson would have been a great signing. Would probably have played the no10 role.

If his contract is over in the summer, rangers wont need a fee,
    I am sure scottish clubs can talk to players from the english league if they have less than 6 months
    Correct as they were able to agree a Contract with Josh Windass in January when he was @ Accrington
    Redhenry said:

Gleeson would have been a great signing. Would probably have played the no10 role.

Robbo did say that he wanted another No.10 when Billy Clarke got injured for the season so the deal makes sense... Carruthers is more of a Jake Forster-Caskey type player isn't he? So presume that deal would have allowed Joe Aribo to go out on loan
  • As I said in an earlier post, KR can mention as many names as he likes, but there is no proof that we've talked to anyone of them (and also no rumours either)

He's just trying to look good in front of the fans imo..............."look, I'm trying to sign Courtinho but those bastards wont give me any money"

He'd be better off spending his time & energy concentrating on the players we do have & getting them to perform rather than posturing in the car park trying to be everybody's friend.
  • As I said in an earlier post, KR can mention as many names as he likes, but there is no proof that we've talked to anyone of them (and also no rumours either)

He's just trying to look good in front of the fans imo..............."look, I'm trying to sign Courtinho but those bastards wont give me any money"

He'd be better off spending his time & energy concentrating on the players we do have & getting them to perform rather than posturing in the car park trying to be everybody's friend.

He is everybody's friend isn't he?

Good old CouRtinho.

• Sponsored links:

• Ketts rumours of Ricky Holmes leaving are worrying, despite RH being currently well off form he will be a big miss.
  • Shrew said:

Ketts rumours of Ricky Holmes leaving are worrying, despite RH being currently well off form he will be a big miss.

He hasn't played well since October
  • I think someone else mentioned RD setting a Jan 26 deadline? That worries me if true because it makes it seem like if the talks fall through, he wants a couple days to offload Konsa and Holmes.
  • Not sure if it has been mentioned already but if the Mavididi deal was all sorted pre KM leaving is it possible that other deals have been arranged in the other direction?

Would it be like KM knowing she is off to Sheffield Wednesday to monumentally root off the fans by selling a good player or two (embargoed until deadline day)? In this way she'd please miser RD (yes i know that would need to be factored into asking/selling price, Napa?); and have her profile maintained around the traps as a mover and shaker (maybe do a favour or two to agents in advance of taking on the new role).

I'm just holding my breath a little bit to see what negative business she might have left as a legacy. A new owner left to pick up even more pieces.
  • I can't see any club waiting until Jan 31st just to piss us off.
  • Not sure if it has been mentioned already but if the Mavididi deal was all sorted pre KM leaving is it possible that other deals have been arranged in the other direction?

Would it be like KM knowing she is off to Sheffield Wednesday to monumentally root off the fans by selling a good player or two (embargoed until deadline day)? In this way she'd please miser RD (yes i know that would need to be factored into asking/selling price, Napa?); and have her profile maintained around the traps as a mover and shaker (maybe do a favour or two to agents in advance of taking on the new role).

I'm just holding my breath a little bit to see what negative business she might have left as a legacy. A new owner left to pick up even more pieces.

You can stop worrying. She loves Charlton.

It's you she hates.
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/future-of-charlton-athletic-winger-ricky-holmes-in-doubt/
    Ricky Holmes’ Charlton Athletic future is in fresh doubt – with fears that the winger could be sold, writes Richard Cawley.
    Addicks owner Roland Duchatelet has put the block on any further signings in this month’s transfer window as he looks to sell up.
    And it is unclear if Holmes – persuaded to sign a new long-term deal in the summer by the club’s ambitions to gain promotion from League One – may also be seeking an exit.
    Sheffield United previously failed with bids for the winger, 30, pictured above. The Yorkshire club are understood to have £2million to spend this month and have agreed a £700,000 fee for Southend’s Ryan Leonard.
    The fact that the South London club appear in limbo while buyout talks continue could open the door for interested suitors.
  • I would take £1.3M for Holmes as long as a replacement or two was secured first.

Wont happen. Any money will go straight into the old codgers pocket.
  • I would take £1.3M for Holmes as long as a replacement or two was secured first.

I would take £1.3M for Holmes as long as a replacement or two was secured first.

Who would we get to replace him for that money assuming KR received any of it?