Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Solar System

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:

In today's Sun Rod Liddle said there is definitely, 100% no other life out there. Nasa may as well just stop.

To be fair there's not much intelligent life reading the Sun so they'd be in good company.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

TBF we seem to know the probable mass of the universe so can estimate how many planets there are. There is a vast amount unaccounted for, hence dark matter but unless you are into parallel universes what we believe to be the visible mass is what there is to work with. The billions of years evolution to anything more complex than single cell organisms is a significant factor.

PS. When I say "we" I mean "scientists and mathematicians". I personally am just like a cyclist accidentally veering onto a motorway, intellectually speaking.
    You, I, my gold fish and NASA
  • Options
    cabbles said:

se9addick said:

cabbles said:

se9addick said:

Dazzler21 said:

Quite exciting... But I can almost guarantee others who don't believe there is other life out there will shit on this fantastic news.

Who, other than the insane, doesn't think that life exists somewhere beyond our planet?
    In slight contradiction to my earlier post, alien life could already walk among us. I appreciate that’s slightly abstract from the original post but I’m a big believer in the ancient astronaut theory

Can’t help it, love all that stuff
    I highly doubt it. Life almost certainly exists beyond our planet but, given the distances involved, it almost certainly hasn't visited our planet.
    The earth has been around for 4 billion years I think. There’s a lot of strange stuff on this earth that doesn’t add up for me. But this is simply a personal opinion and I have no evidence to back it up of course
    Totally agree. I mean, look at Edmonton and Crawley for example!
  • Options

Talal said:

In today's Sun Rod Liddle said there is definitely, 100% no other life out there. Nasa may as well just stop.

To be fair there's not much intelligent life reading the Sun so they'd be in good company.
    Cheers bud

:wink:
  • Options
    More chance of finding intelligent life form in outer space than in Croydon
  • Options
    It's hardly a new solar system.

Genesis 1:1

Adam and Eve really got about. Intergalactic incest pushers.
  • Options

I presume Rod Liddle hasn’t heard of The Drake Equation.

I don't think rap is his bag to be honest.
  • Options
    If we do meet anything it’s more than likely going to be a machine of some sort i’d guess.
  • Options
    Yup disguised as a tumbling cigar shaped space rock
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or it could be based on scientific rational extrapolation based on what we know so far.. life on other planets in the solar system would be a major indicator.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

se9addick said:

Dazzler21 said:

Quite exciting... But I can almost guarantee others who don't believe there is other life out there will shit on this fantastic news.

Who, other than the insane, doesn't think that life exists somewhere beyond our planet?
    In slight contradiction to my earlier post, alien life could already walk among us. I appreciate that’s slightly abstract from the original post but I’m a big believer in the ancient astronaut theory

Find out.... http://revolvemerchandise.shop/product1/john-carpenter-they-live-black-sunglasses
  • Options
    Distance and timescales would make it highly unlikely that we will as a species ever encounter other life forms.
  • Options

If we do meet anything it’s more than likely going to be a machine of some sort i’d guess.

• Options

Isn't he just the cutest robot yet?
  • Options

Metal Mickey, the secret lovechild of R2D2 and Dusty Bin.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

se9addick said:

Dazzler21 said:

Golgafrinchans.
  • Options
    Voyager 1 is approximately 18 light hours away from Earth. If it continues to travel at its current speed it would be one light year away in 17,000 years. The Kepler 90 star which supports planets similar to our solar system is 2,545 light years away from earth or 43,265,000 years away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

1StevieG said:

Voyager 1 is approximately 18 light hours away from Earth. If it continues to travel at its current speed it would be one light year away in 17,000 years. The Kepler 90 star which supports planets similar to our solar system is 2,545 light years away from earth or 43,265,000 years away.

We're gonna need a bigger boat....
    Superb.
  • Options
    We could end up meeting life but not as we know it -
  • Options
    3blokes said:

I think they call that a Klingon.......
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

3blokes said:

I find myself repeating myself but the word you're looking for is clegnut
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

3blokes said:

I just hope he doesn’t Klingon much longer to something that’s clearly an alien world to him....
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    cabbles said:

We are so so close imo to finding answers to questions that should be beyond answering. I think astronomy, Astro and particle physics is probably my biggest passion outside of football. I can’t get enough of it. Unfortunately it is a ridiculously big universe out there and it’s been around for such a length of time that I think it would take something to challenge the very physics that govern our world to really understand it, ie another universe.

The more I read, the more I believe in the multiverse theory. Too many unanswered questions that point toward something beyond our universe that makes it all tick

I look forward to each and every discovery and pray I live to an age where we discover other intelligent life

imagine the meltdown if this was on the take over thread
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

1StevieG said:

3blokes said:

Is that like a tangleberry?
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Fumbluff said:

1StevieG said:

3blokes said:

Is that like a tangleberry?
    I'm sorry if I've turned the thread all fecal now.
  • Options
    Just think, out there somewhere, there's people just like us, praying for a take over!