Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson out?

Comments

• Options
    Will the new owners trust Robinson to spend their money wisely? I suspect that they won’t so in the words of Lord Sugar ... You’re Fired
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Forster Caskey
    Bauer
    Pearce
    Best
    Clarke
    Reeves
    Marshall

All the above have come back from injury, played one game and then have got injured again.

It’s not a coincidence - he’s either pushing them to early to comeback or we have a real problem within the medical team!?!?!?

And Fosu
  • Options
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I wont stop laughing until he goes.

• Options
    LenGlover said:

The only justification for sacking Robinson pre takeover (if it ever happens) is if another manager could realistically do better under the constraints imposed by Duchatelet.

At the moment I think the disruption of getting rid still outweighs the benefits.

I agree.
  • Options
    Was very disapointed in him today - and I have been defending him. When something isn't working you have to change it - why can't he see that? I know the change might not work, but you have to try. Yes, he changed it for the second half and we were a bit unlucky not to get something from the game in truth, but why wait? It surely wasn't rocket science the game could go the way it did, it has happened in every recent home game - surely the plan B implemented in the second half could have been gone through in training and reverted to. In the end we ran out of time! I was predicting this in the first half. We had over ten minutes after their second - we had to score two to draw - you need to give yourself as much time as possible to do that - we threw valuable time away. When a side like Gillingham get two at the Valley, they are always going to prioritise holding onto that and that should have helped us!

Added to that point, the fact it wasn't rocket science, might mean that he has to ditch this formation at home. With Fosu it can work, but Magennis gets too isolated. We play a lot of sideways balls, but most of our players are too scared to play the quick or incisive ball for the moans they will get from the crowd if it doesn't come off.
  • Options

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I wont stop laughing until he goes.

?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had enough of his ineptitude now. New owners please bring in your own man.
  • Options
    Because loads on here have said that I'm wrong to call for his head. I also said on the pre-match thread that we would lose 2-1.

There may not be anything better at the moment but doing nothing is worse. We are not only losing games, but also not playing well & not scoring goals. I can not see where our next win will come from & we have some easier games this month.

I said a few weeks ago that we could be sucked into a relegation fight & nothing I have seen over the xmas period has changed my view. Lost 3-1 at Southend & 2-1 at home. Before that we draw at home to Blackpool and lost to Pompey & Blackburn. 3 goals scored & 9 against. Woeful isn't the word.

get rid of Robinson now & put Jackson in temporary charge . It wont happen because RD doesn't care & is probably even enjoying it.
  • Options

I know it's all reactive, but do question many of you. Sack a manager every few months sadly seems to be an accepted game :-(

8 League games without a win and that first half was dog turd. It was Gillingham not Chelsea!!
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I don't rate Robinson and have never taken to him as Charlton manager. I was willing to give him credit for our strong start to the season, but we have predictably dropped away thanks to a mixture of injuries and intransigence on his part.

And a strong end to last season. I just added up the numbers from online sources..... It's feast or famine with KR.... from the strong end of last season to our good start he was.......

9 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss, 2.55 points per match, 82% win percentage

And the remainder of his tenure is...

9 wins, 15 draws, 17 losses, 1.02 ppm, 22% win percentage.

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

I disagreed with Parky's sacking.
    I disagreed with Powell's sacking.
    I'd disagree with Robinson's sacking too at this point.

What about Fraeye?
    I never approved his existence...
  • Options

shirty5 said:

I know it's all reactive, but do question many of you. Sack a manager every few months sadly seems to be an accepted game :-(

8 League games without a win and that first half was dog turd. It was Gillingham not Chelsea!!
    Not disputing any of that mate, it's been awful. But two months ago the vast majority thought it was great and news companies were lining up to do 'on the up' features.

Since then there has been an absolute horror show of an injury list, and it doesn't take a detective to work out things are clearly unstable behind the scenes, very similar in that sense to the couple of months ahead of Duchatelet coming. Powell wasn't a bad manager then and Robinson isn't now.

We just need to ride out this shite spell. Three of our back four (and a lot of seniority with that) was missing again today and we ended up gifting them a lead through shocking defending. Magennis is going through a shocker of a spell. Reeves and Marshall have badly not hit expectations and out PoTY so far has been out for the whole period.

Personally I'm fed up with football now not giving any time to ride out bad spells. People bleat on about disloyalty of players but it's become the norm now for football fans to default want the manager sacked as soon a bad run comes along.

From the way the team played at Wigan, and rallied to the end today, that's not a manager who has lost the dressing room imo.
    Why be stubborn though Dan and continue with absolute shit predictable tactics at home.

It shows what we can do in the second half at 2 nil down, why wait to that to try and win a game.

And no, I don't want him sacked as I don't think we could get better but he needs a wake up call and needs to stop persisting with his shite.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Not disputing any of that mate, it's been awful. But two months ago the vast majority thought it was great and news companies were lining up to do 'on the up' features.

Since then there has been an absolute horror show of an injury list, and it doesn't take a detective to work out things are clearly unstable behind the scenes, very similar in that sense to the couple of months ahead of Duchatelet coming. Powell wasn't a bad manager then and Robinson isn't now.

We just need to ride out this shite spell. Three of our back four (and a lot of seniority with that) was missing again today and we ended up gifting them a lead through shocking defending. Magennis is going through a shocker of a spell. Reeves and Marshall have badly not hit expectations and out PoTY so far has been out for the whole period.

Personally I'm fed up with football now not giving any time to ride out bad spells. People bleat on about disloyalty of players but it's become the norm now for football fans to default want the manager sacked as soon a bad run comes along.

From the way the team played at Wigan, and rallied to the end today, that's not a manager who has lost the dressing room imo.
    Under KR we were awful at the end of last season and we're awful again now. Bit tired of the injury excuses and I've seen no evidence that Robinson is a good manager. We struggle against mediocre teams whose squads are certainly no better than ours.

Our football is predictable and losing twice to Gillingham just about sums things up. As long as KR stays we're not going anywhere - he just seems clueless of late.

Our only hope is a decent striker - seems unlikely one will materialise.
  • Options
    I just wanna see Robinson with a full squad and strikers to choose from. If it doesn't work we can take it from there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I just wanna see Robinson with a full squad and strikers to choose from. If it doesn't work we can take it from there.

Every manager in the country wants a fully fit squad, injuries happen in football, it is a nonsense excuse IMO.
  • Options

Every manager in the country wants a fully fit squad, injuries happen in football, it is a nonsense excuse IMO.
    Especially since injuries seem to happen to KR wherever he goes.
  • Options
    All well and good playing the same formation whenever you have the players to action the plan but when you don’t you need to be pro active. Not wait until you are 2 down at home and the damage is done. All Gills had to do was sit back in the second half because they knew we would make a change. Like the Pompey game when Jackett worked us out, changed the formation and done us just after the break. If we can see it not working on the pitch then why can’t he?
  • Options
    The same hypocrites will be moaning abot us sacking another manager if Karl does get the push.
  • Options
    Disappointed with ref and The off side Goal.
    Team selection poor today,
    Second half the team improved but still have this unfortunate habit of not being able to put the ball in the Net,
    Forget promotion this year, unless we get a vast
    Cash injection this month from a experienced new owner.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

Forget promotion this year, unless we get a vast
    Cash injection this month from a experienced new owner.

Since I have never heard of a new buyer coming into a League One club after the Jan window is already open and making a "vast cash injection" even once in all of history, I think it is a good bet we won't be the first.
  • Options

The same hypocrites will be moaning abot us sacking another manager if Karl does get the push.

Could ruin our season if Karl goes - give him time!
  • Options
    He's not up to the task. But we simply have no chance of getting anyone better while Duchatalet is running things. Keep KR, see if he can work his magic, and if not he goes when the decks are swept clean.