Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January transfer window

Comments

• Options
    WIOTOS
  • Options
    Aside from simply being an extra body, i fail to see how Mavididi does much for us. He's young, inexperienced, out of form, hasn't played much this season, never scored a senior goal.

If he's being signed as a winger then i don't see how he gets in the side ahead of Holmes, Marshall or Fosu (when he's fit), and if he's being signed as a striker then I'd rather give a chance to Reeco H-F than play a loanee who won't really care too much as he'll be out the door in 5 months time.
  • Options
    Mavididi looked useful when here before but he is unlikely to get the goals we need. A useful addition for pace and can probably fill the role of winger or maybe behind a striker to hopefully shake the likes of Marshall, Reeves and Holmes up but he isn't the goalscorer we need. Window has only been open a couple of days so not going to panic. Might be a different matter come transfer deadline day if nothing has happened mind.

Happy to have him on board if he signs, but we need more.
  • Options
    What about this Sulley Kaikai at Palace, was on loan at Shrewsbury last year and scored a few goals.

Just a suggestion, nothing concrete but we've been linked with another Palace youngster.

• Options
    Not sure why people would be shocked if Karl has lied about this proven striker arriving, as he lied in his very first press conference, it is what he does, he is a salesman type, willing to spout whatever nonsense pops in to his head that he thinks will help his current standing.

Hopefully this time he is not though and we do see this miracle player turn up.
  • Options
    Its Mavididi

He said "experience at this level" id take that meaning/read it as "his played a few games in league one"

Don't say anything about this striker doing 20 goals a season

People twisting it slightly
  • Options
    iaitch said:

What about this Sulley Kaikai at Palace, was on loan at Shrewsbury last year and scored a few goals.

Just a suggestion, nothing concrete but we've been linked with another Palace youngster.

Not a bad shout...

When Palace were after Lookman didn't we ask for this lad on loan in return only for him to go Brentford on loan?
  • Options
    Maybe just hearsay, but my manager at work is a Southampton season ticket holder and is convinced they are in for Konsa.
  • Options

Maybe just hearsay, but my manager at work is a Southampton season ticket holder and is convinced they are in for Konsa.

well they've got a gap at centre back now and money to burn
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I rate Konsa, but i do think some people are well over the top with their valuation of him. Modern football i guess, but for me is ability and age makes him a £1-2 million player not a £5-7 million player that some are suggesting. Certainly not in the same class as Gomez, but at £3.5 million we sold too low imo.
  • Options

I rate Konsa, but i do think some people are well over the top with their valuation of him. Modern football i guess, but for me is ability and age makes him a £1-2 million player not a £5-7 million player that some are suggesting. Certainly not in the same class as Gomez, but at £3.5 million we sold too low imo.

I agree, but it's all relative and the Neymar transfer changed valuations forever.

18 months ago, Van Dike (sp) was probably worth £15m-£20m tops.....not £75m !
  • Options

Its Mavididi

He said "experience at this level" id take that meaning/read it as "his played a few games in league one"

Don't say anything about this striker doing 20 goals a season

People twisting it slightly

Robinson said in an interview about a month ago that he was looking at bringing in 2 strikers, who would be "in form" (his words) and "currently scoring goals" (his words). He alluded that one may be a younger player (I assumed to replace Dodoo) but one would be experienced. I fear that (as according to @Doucher) that one has hit a snag - probably because the player has now found out about the takeover & quite rightly realises that Robinson's time is numbered and a new manager might have someone else in mind.

I am resigned to the fact that the takeover is royally going to f**k up this transfer window & Mavididi is likely to be the only signing. I'd love to be wrong.
  • Options
    I think the 20 goal striker KR wanted was Doyle of Preston on loan at Oldham but he has been out recently with a blood clot in his leg so that one is on hold.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    RedChaser said:

I think the 20 goal striker KR wanted was Doyle of Preston on loan at Oldham but he has been out recently with a blood clot in his leg so that one is on hold.

Should learn to go after someone else then...

He might be doing just that yet there seems to be an inability to have a list of five targets for one position in case a deal cant be done with the initial four - Ben Reeves is a perfect example of this. We wasted the whole Summer going after him, should have gotten to the point where we should have forgotten him and looked for someone else as backup to Billy Clarke!!
  • Options
    Like Joe Aribo?
  • Options
    No announcement of Mavididi !!!!?
  • Options

RedChaser said:

He might be doing just that yet there seems to be an inability to have a list of five targets for one position in case a deal cant be done with the initial four - Ben Reeves is a perfect example of this. We wasted the whole Summer going after him, should have gotten to the point where we should have forgotten him and looked for someone else as backup to Billy Clarke!!
    Don't be nieve. We do have a list of targets and for all positions:- with expected costs and chance of availability.

Ben Reeves is a perfect example of our success not failure. We got the player at the top of that list.

In Robbo we trust!
  • Options

Didnt Robinson say that if we sign a Striker he wants it to be someone who can score 20-goals not just in League One but the Championship too.

That obviously aint gonna be Mavididi

Nor am I confident that he (like Ahearne-Grant) can lead the line in a 4-2-3-1 formation on his own

I'm not sure Mavididi is the 20 goal a season man we've been hearing about - I think Robbo has wants, but want doesn't get.

A lot of negativity towards Mavididi lets give him a chance (til he gets injured)
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

RedChaser said:

Don't be nieve. We do have a list of targets and for all positions:- with expected costs and chance of availability.

Ben Reeves is a perfect example of our success not failure. We got the player at the top of that list.

In Robbo we trust!
    I thought Billy Clarke was top of that list?

And am sorry but success... Where? - Other than a second half performance against Blackburn he's not performed!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redrobo said:

RedChaser said:

In Robbo we trust!

And am sorry but success... Where? - Other than a second half performance against Blackburn he's not performed!!
    I was not commenting on the players success but replying to your comment on transfers and not having a list of tragets. Like the players or not, Reeves, Sharpe, DeSilva, Marshall, Fosu, were all Robbo targets and he got them.

I am sure there were failures as well, and we all know he was after a striker that never arrived. We did not waste the summer trying to get Reeves, we got him so no need to go down the list.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

RedChaser said:

In Robbo we trust!

I was not commenting on the players success but replying to your comment on transfers and not having a list of tragets. Like the players or not, Reeves, Sharpe, DeSilva, Marshall, Fosu, were all Robbo targets and he got them.

I am sure there were failures as well, and we all know he was after a striker that never arrived. We did not waste the summer trying to get Reeves, we got him so no need to go down the list.
    When is he due back from injury? :wink:
  • Options
    We signed Lee Sharpe.............brilliant !!
  • Options

We signed Lee Sharpe.............brilliant !!

He was always injured, so it makes sense.
  • Options
    Last season the statbank details for Mavididi were;
    Started 3 games with average marks of
    Oldham A 6.13,
    Oxford H 6.99 MoM,
    Bury H 6.80 MoM

31 minutes as Substitute
    Rochdale A 7.31 MoM
  • Options
    The last minute desperation for a forward to put our season back on track seems to echo a lot of our matches, catching up after letting in a tame goal. The kind of forward we are looking at seems to really smack of that, someone with pace who we can hoof it up to during injury time, of which there is always a lot of for some reason... Wouldn't it be nice to just take control of a game for a change. The inability to do this has got to lie in midfield.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    KR needs to shut his damned pie hole, stop making promises, stop sucking up to the owner du jour and f###### PRODUCE!!! His job is not public relations or getting my hopes up. When we are winless in eight, he needs to shut up and spend all this time getting us some table points. We are 9th!!!

And I should mention we are now 12 points from top two but only 10 from the drop zone. We are closer, quality wise, to a relegation club than one that would automatically get promoted, which is something we were aiming for and seemed possible just 6 weeks ago.

Just a few days ago I would have told new owners to keep him and give him money. But when he keeps talking, I am starting to hate him and my feelings on keeping him are starting to change by the minute. Hey Karl... STFU and get to work!
  • Options

KR needs to shut his damned pie hole, stop making promises, stop sucking up to the owner du jour and f###### PRODUCE!!! His job is not public relations or getting my hopes up. When we are winless in eight, he needs to shut up and spend all this time getting us some table points. We are 9th!!!

And I should mention we are now 12 points from top two but only 10 from the drop zone. We are closer, quality wise, to a relegation club than one that would automatically get promoted, which is something we were aiming for and seemed possible just 6 weeks ago.

Just a few days ago I would have told new owners to keep him and give him money. But when he keeps talking, I am starting to hate him and my feelings on keeping him are starting to change by the minute. Hey Karl... STFU and get to work!

@NapaAddick I think you're great value and really enjoy your contribution but sometimes when the Americanisms sneak in (e.g. "table points") I can't help but think of these two...

:-)
  • Options
    So what happened to Mavididi?