Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January transfer window

Comments

• seth plum said:

So in terms of bodies we lose Doodoo and Best and get Mavididi and possibly the return of Hanlan. A zero sum game.
    The takeover excuse is similar to the Lookman trench excuse.
    It won't prevent departures.

Plus it’s likely we lose Konsa.

• Until the Take-over happens, it appears we're well and truly fu*ked !!!
  • If the takeover doesn't go through in time, get Igor back, he's our bloody player!
  • Essex_Al said:

If the takeover doesn't go through in time, get Igor back, he's our bloody player!

Not sure we can as it's an international loan so I don't think it has a break clause.
  • Essex_Al said:

If the takeover doesn't go through in time, get Igor back, he's our bloody player!

Not sure we can as it's an international loan so I don't think it has a break clause.
    Shit, that's that thought blown out of the water then!
  • Essex_Al said:

Fuck 'em. Our player = he plays for us. Bring him back & let the EFL sort it out.
  • Slating giving young players a chance, but willing to give gang members a chance?
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Reece Oxford was recalled so this cannot be right.
  • Essex_Al said:

I would not count on it, as we all know the rules never apply to Taxpayer United.
  • Essex_Al said:

As far as i am aware doesn't matter if loan is national or international it depends on whether there is a termination clause inserted into the loan which would be agreed by either club prior to the loan being complete, so West Ham probably inserted this whereas under our ex esteemed CEO we probably didn't!

Different clauses can be requested by either club in the negotiations of a loan/transfer such as a big club can request a player plays a certain position or certain number of games etc, can be recalled, loan cannot be terminated by the loanee club etc its all in the negotiations of a loan and if they are not kept too then loan can be cancelled or financial penalties.

Like Ajoses' loan with Bury they cannot terminate the loan even though he hasn't played a lot etc
  • Red_James said:

Essex_Al said:

As far as i am aware doesn't matter if loan is national or international it depends on whether there is a termination clause inserted into the loan which would be agreed by either club prior to the loan being complete, so West Ham probably inserted this whereas under our ex esteemed CEO we probably didn't!

Different clauses can be requested by either club in the negotiations of a loan/transfer such as a big club can request a player plays a certain position or certain number of games etc, can be recalled, loan cannot be terminated by the loanee club etc its all in the negotiations of a loan and if they are not kept too then loan can be cancelled or financial penalties.

Like Ajoses' loan with Bury they cannot terminate the loan even though he hasn't played a lot etc
    but could we ?? Seeing as we have little option up front a recognised, experienced striker must be worth a go. Seeing as no-one seemed to like my earlier idea of bringing in Nile Ranger then what are our other options. Once we are into February we are stuck with what we have, and then if you are looking at un-attached players (like Best) and we know where that leads you.

As I see it we have 3 options:

1) No nothing
    2) Bring back the loanees
    3) sign freebies.
  • Sadly i dont think we will sign anyone further - free agents or loans - RD wont want the wage budget to go up with the potential takeover.
  • edited January 2018
    Odd situation.... Peterborough's own manager asks his own director of football not to add Keifer Moore because he is too expensive. So maybe he is still available? Another paper says the price was just £250k. To think we can have him for that little if we just tried.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42572402
  • Odd situation.... Peterborough's own manager asks his own director of football not to add Keifer Moore because he is too expensive. So maybe he is still available. Another paper says the price was just £250k. To think we can have him for that little.

Biggest point I took is the fact that Peterborough are happy to offload Ricky Miller, bet they wish they'd accepted that £250k bid in the summer ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Odd situation.... Peterborough's own manager asks his own director of football not to add Keifer Moore because he is too expensive. So maybe he is still available? Another paper says the price was just £250k. To think we can have him for that little of we just tried.

An odd one, but when the Director of football is Barry Fry, I imagine you have to be careful in case he buys 20 players in the window!
  • Odd situation.... Peterborough's own manager asks his own director of football not to add Keifer Moore because he is too expensive. So maybe he is still available? Another paper says the price was just £250k. To think we can have him for that little of we just tried.

Yesterday BBC were reporting that McCann thought that the chairman would probably think that although they had agreed the £250k fee that the add-ons would be too costly & would baulk at them.
  • edited January 2018
    If only RD had spent those millions wisely and taken us to the promised land it could have been a completely different story but the egotistical, megalomaniac, sociopath with a crazy experiment didn't understand the industry he was toying with and neither did his puppet. Hurry up and eff off Roly, time's up :angry:
  • Red_James said:

Essex_Al said:

but could we ?? Seeing as we have little option up front a recognised, experienced striker must be worth a go. Seeing as no-one seemed to like my earlier idea of bringing in Nile Ranger then what are our other options. Once we are into February we are stuck with what we have, and then if you are looking at un-attached players (like Best) and we know where that leads you.

As I see it we have 3 options:

1) No nothing
    2) Bring back the loanees
    3) sign freebies.
    I think i remember reading somewhere that we might be able too, but I'm not 100% sure to be honest. But RD might not sanction it as Bury are currently paying his wages which i thought has been mentioned before to be around £5/6K pw??
  • edited January 2018

Swisdom said:

Mavididi and KAG up front would be absolutely blistering and should petrify any defence in this league.
    Give Josh a rest and go with 2 up top for a few games.

Yeah, all them goals between the pair of them, hahaha
    Best and Mavididi would have been my preferred option. KAG scored two or three recently didn't he, so don't burden him with the 'never scores' tag just yet. We should have stuck with him when he was on that scoring mini streak maybe? Mavididi's scored regularly at a high enough level to make me think he's worth a go.
  • Bradford City have confirmed the League One club have made a "substantial" bid to sign Ipswich Town striker Kieffer Moore.
  • Bradford City have confirmed the League One club have made a "substantial" bid to sign Ipswich Town striker Kieffer Moore.

I wonder which club.
  • JamesSeed said:

Bradford City have confirmed the League One club have made a "substantial" bid to sign Ipswich Town striker Kieffer Moore.

I wonder which club.
    ??