Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January transfer window

Comments

• Beardface said:

@NapaAddick I think you're great value and really enjoy your contribution but sometimes when the Americanisms sneak in (e.g. "table points") I can't help but think of these two...

:-)

Is that the Nelsons???
  • edited January 2018

So what happened to Mavididi?

Large and Golfie put him off :wink: (only joking lads)
  • Beardface said:

@NapaAddick I think you're great value and really enjoy your contribution but sometimes when the Americanisms sneak in (e.g. "table points") I can't help but think of these two...

:-)

Is that the Nelsons???
    No!

familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/Tomik_and_Bellgarde
    Tomik Pjölck and Bellgarde, the "Foreign guys who have been living in the United States almost long enough to sound American" are recurring characters on Family Guy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5sPNP8Zir0Y
  • Why would Roland invest in a decent player if he is selling?! Mavidi and Best is as good as it will get im afraid
  • edited January 2018

KR needs to shut his damned pie hole, stop making promises, stop sucking up to the owner du jour and f###### PRODUCE!!! His job is not public relations or getting my hopes up. When we are winless in eight, he needs to shut up and spend all this time getting us some table points. We are 9th!!!

And I should mention we are now 12 points from top two but only 10 from the drop zone. We are closer, quality wise, to a relegation club than one that would automatically get promoted, which is something we were aiming for and seemed possible just 6 weeks ago.

Just a few days ago I would have told new owners to keep him and give him money. But when he keeps talking, I am starting to hate him and my feelings on keeping him are starting to change by the minute. Hey Karl... STFU and get to work!

You're maths is off again. We are 17 (yes, SEVENTEEN) points off the top two.

perhaps its the time difference.
  • Swisdom said:

Mavididi was meant to sign within 48 hours originally - not sure where 24 came from.

Linked on twitter with Accrington’s Billy Kee. Decent scoring record. Looks very similar to Billy Clarke (ie small). Looks s bit cocky. Currently accused of breaking a mans jaw in a brawl so might have a bit about him.

Little man syndrome!!
  • KR needs to shut his damned pie hole, stop making promises, stop sucking up to the owner du jour and f###### PRODUCE!!! His job is not public relations or getting my hopes up. When we are winless in eight, he needs to shut up and spend all this time getting us some table points. We are 9th!!!

And I should mention we are now 12 points from top two but only 10 from the drop zone. We are closer, quality wise, to a relegation club than one that would automatically get promoted, which is something we were aiming for and seemed possible just 6 weeks ago.

Just a few days ago I would have told new owners to keep him and give him money. But when he keeps talking, I am starting to hate him and my feelings on keeping him are starting to change by the minute. Hey Karl... STFU and get to work!

You're maths is off again. We are 17 (yes, SEVENTEEN) points off the top two.

perhaps its the time difference.
    So your point is that it is even worse than I said? Thanks. You made my day.
  • I wonder how the "move to Charlton to get more game time " going to work ? Where is he going to play & who's position is he going to take ?? What we really need is an out & out striker, not another " he is a wide man who can play off the shoulder....." type of player.

Utter tosh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Blackburn Rovers and Charlton Athletic to offer trial to Indian international

http://the72.co.uk/95583/blackburn-rovers-charlton-athletic-offer-trial-indian-international/

A goal keeper so Golfaddick, you will be pleased to see us linked?
  • Swisdom said:

Mavididi was meant to sign within 48 hours originally - not sure where 24 came from.

Linked on twitter with Accrington’s Billy Kee. Decent scoring record. Looks very similar to Billy Clarke (ie small). Looks s bit cocky. Currently accused of breaking a mans jaw in a brawl so might have a bit about him.

Will make a change paying someone who is serving time instead of whilst being on the treatment table.
  • Swisdom said:

Will make a change paying someone who is serving time instead of whilst being on the treatment table.
    "Small, maybe a bit cocky" sounds like a training session with Tones Fab Four will shape him up. ;)
  • Mavididi done deal and is available for this Saturday.
    Doesn't cover the real problem area up top but one in all the same.
  • A loan signing often comes with conditions, Jay daSilva is a good example where games have to be guaranteed...although Doodoo was seemingly exempt.
    We have a situation where there is no money available and Richard Murray is now doing the little bit of transfer dealings that will happen. Has beens, injury recoverers, and Doodoo like loans will be shared end up with.
    There certainly does not look like a tàakeover will happen in time, we will be a little bit patched up and continue to be very fragile, we will not get promoted and any players who are any good will not want to stay for more of this level of football, if we are lucky attendances might stabilise at 7000.
    As a forecast I reckon I will be very close to the mark.
  • seth plum said:

A loan signing often comes with conditions, Jay daSilva is a good example where games have to be guaranteed...although Doodoo was seemingly exempt.
    We have a situation where there is no money available and Richard Murray is now doing the little bit of transfer dealings that will happen. Has beens, injury recoverers, and Doodoo like loans will be shared end up with.
    There certainly does not look like a tàakeover will happen in time, we will be a little bit patched up and continue to be very fragile, we will not get promoted and any players who are any good will not want to stay for more of this level of football, if we are lucky attendances might stabilise at 7000.

God that is depressing but unfortunately accurate.

• Mavididi done deal and is available for this Saturday.
    Doesn't cover the real problem area up top but one in all the same.

Great news. Well done Robbo and RM.

Striker next please.
  • edited January 2018
    seth plum said:

A loan signing often comes with conditions, Jay daSilva is a good example where games have to be guaranteed...although Doodoo was seemingly exempt.

Was he? I wonder.

Apart from the 3 games he has started, he has been a substitute for every game he has been fit and a non-playing sub in 15 consecutive sub appearances.

Surely not even KR would put him on the bench voluntarily so many times with no intention of using him unless he had to?
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Was he? I wonder.

Apart from the 3 games he has started, he has been a substitute for every game he has been fit and a non-playing sub in 15 consecutive sub appearances.

Surely not even KR would put him on the bench voluntarily so may times with no intention of using him unless he had to?
    I think you could be right, likely he has to be in the matchday squad when fit.
  • seth plum said:

He did not appear to have conditions on his last loans. He has hardly played this season?
  • seth plum said:

Was he? I wonder.

Surely not even KR would put him on the bench voluntarily so may times with no intention of using him unless he had to?
    Very fair point.
  • seth plum said:

Depends entirely on the new owners though. If they come in and are prepared to spend money in the summer then any ambition they show may convince our better players to stay.

And attendances will almost certainly rise. I'd imagine a lot of the 'boycotters' will return once RD has gone. And if we have a new owner who shows ambition and is spending money in the summer, then ST sales will surely be up from this year.
  • edited January 2018
    Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

He did not appear to have conditions on his last loans. He has hardly played this season?
    If we are talking about Mavadidi then I believe the reason he is leaving Preston for us is that he wasn't being given game time there.I can only assume that we have given assurances that he will play (when fit) with us otherwise why leave a team high up in the Championship fir one struggling a league lower.

Don't be surprised to see him start most games until the end of his loan period or an injury sends him back to Arsenal.
  • edited January 2018
    DaSilva is one of our best players and a great loan but I can't see how the lad has any future at all at Chelsea. Mavadidi looked a great prospect but there has to be a question mark as to whether he can provide the goals we need. Not saying he can't but there is no evidence he can to date.
  • Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

If we are talking about Mavadidi then I believe the reason he is leaving Preston for us is that he wasn't being given game time. I can only assume that we have given assurances thst he will be with us otherwise why keave a team high up in the Championship fir one struggling a league lower.

Don't be surprised to see him start most games until the end of his loan period or an injury sends him back to Arsenal.
    If he and Arsenal are keen for him to get match time, then dropping a division seems a reasonable decision

It's interesting that last year most people were excited by Mavididi but completely underwhelmed by Dasilva after his poor debut, and had written him off, and now he's one of the first names on the teamsheet
  • Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

If we are talking about Mavadidi then I believe the reason he is leaving Preston for us is that he wasn't being given game time there.I can only assume that we have given assurances that he will play (when fit) with us otherwise why leave a team high up in the Championship fir one struggling a league lower.

Good.

If he stays fit I would expect him to score more than 5 goals so a big improvement.
  • Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

And probably when injured as well.