Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Oldham | Sat 06 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    @MrLargo

We're breaking all the rules this season. Gillingham done the double against us having never beaten us at the Valley (i believe that was what was reported)

So maybe Oldham who apparently have a similarly poor record, we could see the same again.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Dazzler21 said:

@MrLargo

@Dazzler21

We're breaking all the rules this season. Gillingham done the double against us having never beaten us at the Valley (i believe that was what was reported)

So maybe Oldham who apparently have a similarly poor record, we could see the same again.

It's not specifically this season, it's since Gobinson arrived. He's been breaking records left, right and centre (in relation to all of the following clubs), as well as holding the record for most bollocks ever spoken by one man.

Shrewsbury
    Northampton
    Bury
    Peterborough
    Oxford
    MK Dons
    Gills
    Wigan

I shall enjoy putting together a detailed summary of his achievements shortly after his sacking.
    Haven't you heard of Karel Fraeye?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    JamesSeed said:

MrLargo said:

Dazzler21 said:

@MrLargo

@Dazzler21

It's not specifically this season, it's since Gobinson arrived. He's been breaking records left, right and centre (in relation to all of the following clubs), as well as holding the record for most bollocks ever spoken by one man.

Shrewsbury
    Northampton
    Bury
    Peterborough
    Oxford
    MK Dons
    Gills
    Wigan

I shall enjoy putting together a detailed summary of his achievements shortly after his sacking.
    Different scenarios.

Karel was not and is not a football manager. I wouldn't wish to dignify his brief spell in charge by highlighting his incompetence. It was inevitable that he'd be useless, and it warrants no further comment. Whenever his brief spell in the spotlight is mentioned in future, it should be along the lines of "remember when that random Belgian bloke got to be manager Charlton for a few weeks, wasn't it odd? I wonder what he's doing now, probably working in an abattoir or perhaps as a receptionist at a PR Company".

Karl, on the other hand, would have you believe that he is some kind of managerial and spiritual guru, and certain people on this message board seem to believe him. I shall take great satisfaction in dissecting his piss poor tenure when our new owner gives him the bullet.

Don't forget everyone, "the fans have got their team back".
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Harry Lennon on the programme cover. A cover appearance usually means the player has an awful game.

He’s only gone and picked up an injury from being on the cover.
  • Options
    We struggle with the worse team in this league, opposing sides only have to put in some effort to get a result here. Another boring Saturday and a lucky point! 1-1
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

JamesSeed said:

MrLargo said:

Dazzler21 said:

@MrLargo

@Dazzler21

Shrewsbury
    Northampton
    Bury
    Peterborough
    Oxford
    MK Dons
    Gills
    Wigan

Different scenarios.

Karel was not and is not a football manager. I wouldn't wish to dignify his brief spell in charge by highlighting his incompetence. It was inevitable that he'd be useless, and it warrants no further comment. Whenever his brief spell in the spotlight is mentioned in future, it should be along the lines of "remember when that random Belgian bloke got to be manager Charlton for a few weeks, wasn't it odd? I wonder what he's doing now, probably working in an abattoir or perhaps as a receptionist at a PR Company".

Karl, on the other hand, would have you believe that he is some kind of managerial and spiritual guru, and certain people on this message board seem to believe him. I shall take great satisfaction in dissecting his piss poor tenure when our new owner gives him the bullet.

Or maybe just a enthusiastic, honest bloke trying to do his best under difficult circumstances !!!
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

JamesSeed said:

MrLargo said:

Dazzler21 said:

@MrLargo

@Dazzler21

Shrewsbury
    Northampton
    Bury
    Peterborough
    Oxford
    MK Dons
    Gills
    Wigan

Different scenarios.

If you only support a winning team and manager suggest you follow the wrong club
  • Options

MrLargo said:

JamesSeed said:

MrLargo said:

Dazzler21 said:

@MrLargo

@Dazzler21

Shrewsbury
    Northampton
    Bury
    Peterborough
    Oxford
    MK Dons
    Gills
    Wigan

Different scenarios.

Or maybe just a enthusiastic, honest bloke trying to do his best under difficult circumstances !!!
    Karel or Karl?!
  • Options

MrLargo said:

JamesSeed said:

MrLargo said:

Dazzler21 said:

@MrLargo

@Dazzler21

Shrewsbury
    Northampton
    Bury
    Peterborough
    Oxford
    MK Dons
    Gills
    Wigan

Different scenarios.

If you only support a winning team and manager suggest you follow the wrong club
    Supported plenty of losing teams over the years and still have a season ticket this year, despite the fact that it's a total shambles (yet again) and the football's dreadful (yet again). That's mostly Roland's fault, but Robinson's far from blameless. Unless he's a complete moron (which he might be) he knew exactly what he was signing up for and has no right to start moaning about his transfer plans being spoiled having spent the summer transfer window whistling to his boss' underfunded tune.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc to win 5-0.
    Karl does the tunnel jump, but slips on hitting the tuft and does his ACL.
  • Options
    I can’t see us beating Oldham. I can’t even see us beating bottom of the table Bury next week.
  • Options

Cafc to win 5-0.
    Karl does the tunnel jump, but slips on hitting the tuft and does his ACL.

The tuft? What has she done to deserve that?
  • Options
    We'll probably lose, and it'll be another miserable evening, but looking at the bright side the trains from London are finally back to normal and all stopping at London Bridge, so at least the journey to and from the aforementioned frustration and misery will be easier!
  • Options
    3-3

Mavidino 3 for us
    Big Mag 3 for them

COYR
  • Options
    No takeover till mid Feb, so no Jan transfers. KR goes as part of the deal so doesn’t give a toss anyway.
    Players don’t know what’s going to happen, so they aren’t interested.

Our only hope of beating Oldham is if Jacko starts and plays until the win is safe.
  • Options
    2-1 to the Addicks

We go a goal down but at half time Reeves goes off and we go 442 and win with goals from KAG and Bauer.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I would like to go 433.

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Sarr DaSilva
    Aribo Kashi JJ
    Holmes Mag KAG

Jacko's experience in there to marshal our inexperienced defense through the game. We desperately needed some experience and leadership against Jill's.

Jacko and Kashi can drop in to allow the fullbacks to get forward. KAG and Holmes to play as forwards not wingers. Instructions to get into the box as much as possible (we need more than 1 player in the box when we attack) and stick close to Mag for the knock downs. Aribo making his driving runs down the middle.

Mavididi to get 45 mins in place of whichever if the front 3 gets injured at half time.

Might just work. Not expecting it though.

3-1 Charlton.
  • Options
    Really miserable start to 2018 for the Addicks. We rarely lose to Oldham at home but we rarely win either. The way we are playing only one team is going to win this. 1-0 Oldham. Very fed up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could KR be the first Charlton manager to lose at home to Oldham (or did he do that last year?).
  • Options
    Athletic to win.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    1-1
  • Options
    1-0 - JJ last minute.
  • Options
    Hard one to call. Will KR change the team again or keep the same shape & fit personnel or change it up with a 4-4-2 ??? No idea, but as I called it right last week with a 2-1 defeat I will have another go at getting it right.

Can't see where our goals are going to come from, but as we do usually score at home, but also usually concede I'm going for 1-1.
  • Options
    0-1 Oldham at the death after another dire performance at the valley where Robinson stubbornly sticks to the same game plan he has played since he took charge.

RD please sell asap!
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

JamesSeed said:

MrLargo said:

Dazzler21 said:

@MrLargo

@Dazzler21

Shrewsbury
    Northampton
    Bury
    Peterborough
    Oxford
    MK Dons
    Gills
    Wigan

Different scenarios.

Really? THIS message board? Charlton Life? Because everyone on here seems to complain that we don't play 4-4-2 and we don't play direct enough.
  • Options
    2-1 to Charlton. I don't think Oldham have won since Doyle has been out with the blood clot issue.
  • Options

Could KR be the first Charlton manager to lose at home to Oldham (or did he do that last year?).

It was a dire 1-1 under Slade followed by an equally dire 0-1 at home to Rochdale.

People forget how miserable it was under Slade.

• Options
    Oldham have never won away at Charlton in any competition in their history (P25 W0 D11 L14), although their last four visits have all been drawn.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!