Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney leaves Ebbsfleet....

Comments

• Options

It just goes to show how low we gone under this regime.

Firstly, we get managers from Belgian non league. Now we are desperate for CEOs from the same level.

For all we know he's probably some no mark who also runs a window cleaning round or something else like that (ah, the romance of the cup).

We should be setting our heights higher, looking at proper CEOs from clubs at our level - Sheffield Wednesday or Blackburn for example.

There’s nothing non league about PV.
  • Options

Firstly, we get managers from Belgian non league. Now we are desperate for CEOs from the same level.

For all we know he's probably some no mark who also runs a window cleaning round or something else like that (ah, the romance of the cup).

We should be setting our heights higher, looking at proper CEOs from clubs at our level - Sheffield Wednesday or Blackburn for example.

I've seen less wind up in a clock factory
  • Options

I've seen less wind up in a clock factory
    Which is not an oblique reference to a Swiss bid
  • Options

Biggest wooooosh ever

Well we should all still be in the land of nod TBF. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited January 2018

Tongue firmly in cheek I hope
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair, no one including Airman really know what’s going on. Everything is speculation at this point so people need not take the moral high ground! Fingers crossed for a PV return
  • Options
    masicat said:

Never known anyone retire January 6th.

My retirement date is January 6th 2022.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Whatever Reg's reasons for leaving Ebbsfleet, I wish him well in whatever he does next and hope if there are any personal reasons for leaving his role they are not serious.

Will always be a Charlton legend.

Hear hear!
  • Options
    tgarrat1 said:

To be fair, no one including Airman really know what’s going on. Everything is speculation at this point so people need not take the moral high ground! Fingers crossed for a PV return

If no-one knows what's going on, that means that we don't know what's going on, and if we don't know what's going on, how do we know that Airman doesn't know what's going on?
  • Options
    Such a vague exit and not much of a pat on the back from the owner. More here's his replacement.
    I'm hoping that doesn't mean there's a link to I'll health but who knows?
  • Options
    Sounds personal and private. Most likely non football related. Could be anything really.

Out of respect and a high regard for ones privacy.

The signs are here to say it's best to not comment and leave it.
  • Options
    No comment
  • Options
    It’s like an A Team reunion, let’s get the party started. If Varney is returning then does that also indicate Airman as well. Perhaps that is why we have less news than norrmal on the subject
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    barstool said:

It’s like an A Team reunion, let’s get the party started. If Varney is returning then does that also indicate Airman as well. Perhaps that is why we have less news than norrmal on the subject

Airman? I ain’t getting on no plane, crazy fool. Can see Rick playing Mr T.
  • Options
    #chippyeufc
    :wink:
  • Options
    so 2+2 = 5 in this case and not 4 ? Why would Ebbsfleet give such a terse statement if illness was evolved ? You do the maths.
  • Options
    Head says this is something personal and shouldn't be speculated on, heart says this could be like when Dowie turned up a Charlton... We live in hope
  • Options

We'll all be very disappointed when he's unveiled at Selhurst Park tomorrow...

He's going to pitch up at Wednesday isn't he
  • Options

so 2+2 = 5 in this case and not 4 ? Why would Ebbsfleet give such a terse statement if illness was evolved ? You do the maths.

This. Many people leave companies for non work issues and a simple statement saying that he was leaving due to personal or family reasons would have sufficed. Peter Kay recently had to cancel a year long tour for just this reason & explained it succinctly so everyone knew the situation & also not to delve into it too deeply. On the other hand Ebbsfleet's statement was ambiguous to the extreme.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

That's what I don't get. They didn't really announce him leaving. Just tagged it into the story of the new fella starting.
    Maybe it isn't health related? Maybe PV has had a falling out with the owner?
    I'd like to hope that's because he's angling for a move in our direction.
    Maybe he's been a naughty boy and it's something else??

You cannot blame people for jumping to conclusions.
    Varney was actively looking to force new ownership on the club not that long ago.
  • Options
    Peter was in hospital around October time maybe it is related to that.