Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney leaves Ebbsfleet....

Comments

• Options

sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

He may not have ‘future involvment’ With CAFC, but he could surely have introduced investors to a CAFC takeover - which could be seen as a conflict of interest hence why leaving

I read it more as THEY will have no further involvement, not "he."
    Further tweets from Ebbslfeet said along the lines of “peter has said there is nothing to do with Charlton”
    Is there a "frown" button?
    Just flag anything that you don't like...
  • Options

It just goes to show how low we gone under this regime.

Firstly, we get managers from Belgian non league. Now we are desperate for CEOs from the same level.

For all we know he's probably some no mark who also runs a window cleaning round or something else like that (ah, the romance of the cup).

We should be setting our heights higher, looking at proper CEOs from clubs at our level - Sheffield Wednesday or Blackburn for example.

Is this a wind up?
    How long have you supported Charlton?
    Do you know the man? Your comments suggest not.
    I just snorted beer out of my nose...FFS.
  • Options
    Just stumbled onto this thread.
    Bearing in mind the limited information we have, I would suggest we don’t speculate and we respect Peter’s privacy.
    Over and out.
  • Options

I guess there are a handful of CL members who do know the true reason (s) as they are closer to him.

If they choose not to share those reasons then they will have good cause.

That's good enough for me so I'm happy either never to find out or find out in the fullness of time. If it's personal then any speculation is an invasion of that privacy.

Just imagine if you had a personal issue deep enough to result in the loss of your job. Would you really be ok with a bunch of strangers second guessing what your issue is?

Were my issue that serious, i just don't think I'd give a shite.
  • Options

I guess there are a handful of CL members who do know the true reason (s) as they are closer to him.

That's good enough for me so I'm happy either never to find out or find out in the fullness of time. If it's personal then any speculation is an invasion of that privacy.

Just imagine if you had a personal issue deep enough to result in the loss of your job. Would you really be ok with a bunch of strangers second guessing what your issue is?

While I broadly agree with you CA, if you have a high profile job (which is well rewarded 99.9% of the time), then there will always be speculation, it comes with the territory.
  • Options
    I would have thought that PV himself might have issued some kind of statement by now even if it was just to confirm that it is a private matter. Surely he doesn't enjoy people speculating on his health on social media.
  • Options

I would have thought that PV himself might have issued some kind of statement by now even if it was just to confirm that it is a private matter. Surely he doesn't enjoy people speculating on his health on social media.

It wouldn't be Charlton then mate....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think this has all come from a statement that has not been done that well, if it had said for personal reasons etc, there would possibly still have been speculation but not as much.
  • Options

I think this has all come from a statement that has not been done that well, if it had said for personal reasons etc, there would possibly still have been speculation but not as much.

but unless I'm mistaken the only statement to date has come from Ebbsfleet football club and not PV?
  • Options

but unless I'm mistaken the only statement to date has come from Ebbsfleet football club and not PV?
    statements, and pretty ambiguous one's at that

• Options

Yes I am suggesting that the Ebbsfleet one should have said something along those lines.
  • Options
    I'm hearing his departure has a lot to do with us.

It would be good if Reg could clear this up one way or another.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I'm hearing his departure has a lot to do with us.

It would be good if Reg could clear this up one way or another.

I heard it's nothing to do with us

Strange because the timing is such that it would obviously be linked but I hear it is not related to us....which is a shame

• Options

The lack of a thank you to PV for his service and hard work etc. Suggests that it maybe wasn't the happiest of partings.

Pooley moves to join the Fleet board

Ebbsfleet United announced tonight that former player Dean Pooley is to join the club’s Board of Directors. Pooley, 31, will also take on the role of Executive Vice Chairman replacing Peter Varney who will step down from that role immediately after next Saturday’s FA Trophy match versus Warrington Town.

This change in the club’s structure will also see Peter Varney step down as an EUFC director.

Chairman Abdulla Al Humaidi said, “I would like to thank Peter for his management of the club over the past five years during which period much has been achieved. I am delighted that Dean has accepted our invitation to join the EUFC board. He has played a key role in the development of our new main stand and has increasingly played an important role in other key aspects of our business and it is important for us to have succession policies in all areas of our business going forward.

Dean Pooley said, “I never imagined when I retired from playing that two years later I would find myself in the boardroom of a football club that I have such a passion for. I can’t wait to get started in my new role and I would like to think I can bring a fresh pair of eyes to the way we operate across all areas of the club and I have so many ideas I want to put into practice to move this club forward.

“I played with Daryl McMahon and we have always had a close working relationship and that will also help me enormously in my new role.”

• Options

The lack of a thank you to PV for his service and hard work etc. Suggests that it maybe wasn't the happiest of partings.

“I would like to thank Peter for his management of the club over the past five years during which period much has been achieved."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Apologies. I clearly can't read. *dies of embarrassment*

"I would like to thank Peter for his management of the club over the past five years during which period much has been achieved."
  • Options

“I would like to thank Peter for his management of the club over the past five years during which period much has been achieved."
    Hardly a glowing endorsement for five years of hard work. Indeed similar statements are made by every Chairman when they decide to part company with their managers.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Apologies. I clearly can't read. *dies of embarrassment*

Hope your not currently on a train. A dead body on a train would close the network down for hours.
    Don't give Southeastern a reason to do that please, as if they need any more excuses for their sh*te service.

Sorry, wrong thread!
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Hardly a glowing endorsement for five years of hard work. Indeed similar statements are made by every Chairman when they decide to part company with their managers.
    I thought the same when I first read the statement and before it speculated that the parting of ways was for personal reasons.
  • Options

While I broadly agree with you CA, if you have a high profile job (which is well rewarded 99.9% of the time), then there will always be speculation, it comes with the territory.
    I'm with Algarve, as long as it is respectful and doesn't delve into any of PV's private life.
  • Options
    On a slightly lighter note, anyone else noticed PV moonlighting in the new BBC hit McMaffia?
  • Options

On a slightly lighter note, anyone else noticed PV moonlighting in the new BBC hit McMaffia?

Yeah, see him batter the granny out the copper an all