Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney leaves Ebbsfleet....

Comments

• Options
    I’d totally forgotten about Smertin.
    I’d have remembered him if he’d had better hair.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

I’d totally forgotten about Smertin.
    I’d have remembered him if he’d had better hair.

...like Murphy
  • Options

Croydon said:

tonka said:

Curbs never had that amount of money , why did dowie get so much? Didn’t Murray sign Hasslebaink complete waste of money spent on wages for that lazy fella

scored at Milwall, Charlton legend

Not for us he didn't.
    Pre season friendly 4-1 win he did.
    fuck me - are we counting PSF's now !! That being the case I'm sure I could name a fair few goalscorers at Park View Road on a scorching July afternoon that were dogshite the rest of the season.

Ajose scored a hat trick - nuff said.

• Options
    I’m still speculating.
  • Options

Croydon said:

tonka said:

Curbs never had that amount of money , why did dowie get so much? Didn’t Murray sign Hasslebaink complete waste of money spent on wages for that lazy fella

scored at Milwall, Charlton legend

Not for us he didn't.
    Pre season friendly 4-1 win he did.
    Thank you
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Did Murphy and Parker not play together? My mind is shot....

Yes they did play together

For England in 2003
  • Options
    Was with smertin last yr in china the bloke is a legend , loved his time with us told great stories runs virtually a marathon a day now just for fun
  • Options
    Smertin, Murphy and Kishishev in CM, Rommedahl and Thomas out wide, Bent as the lone striker.

Back in 2004/05 this was called a defensive 4-5-1. Nowadays Murphy would be the "number 10" and it would be called 4-2-3-1.
  • Options

Was with smertin last yr in china the bloke is a legend , loved his time with us told great stories runs virtually a marathon a day now just for fun

He's Russian isnt he... Probably does it in about 20mins!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks @RodneyCharltonTrotta . Sums up very concisely my feelings about Murray. Was part of the good times, made some mistakes, but recently has sided with satan against the fans. And still wants to be part of the big picture according to some. Why can't he accept his time has gone, and just buy a season ticket along with the rest?
  • Options
    Spoke to someone yesterday who lunched with the Directors at the Gillingham game. He told me the atmosphere is toxic and very sad ( He was with the away contingent ). He said Keith Peacock is the positive energy, but the rest are flat and very down. In his opinion ( and I know some on here will know if this is fact or fiction ) Keith is holding things together behind the scenes.
  • Options
    masicat said:

I’m still speculating.

filthy beast!, make sure you clean it up.
  • Options

He is a big player in the Russian World Cup event team isn't he? Specifically trying to "manage' the anti-racism issues, I think.

• Options
    Scoham said:

Smertin, Murphy and Kishishev in CM, Rommedahl and Thomas out wide, Bent as the lone striker.

Back in 2004/05 this was called a defensive 4-5-1. Nowadays Murphy would be the "number 10" and it would be called 4-2-3-1.

Didnt we win our first 5 away games season using that formation ?
  • Options
    masicat said:

Spoke to someone yesterday who lunched with the Directors at the Gillingham game. He told me the atmosphere is toxic and very sad ( He was with the away contingent ). He said Keith Peacock is the positive energy, but the rest are flat and very down. In his opinion ( and I know some on here will know if this is fact or fiction ) Keith is holding things together behind the scenes.

My guess because they all know their days are now very much numbered, and that they won’t be greeted with open arms by those in the pleb areas of the valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    MrOneLung said:

Scoham said:

Didnt we win our first 5 away games season using that formation ?
    Can't recall if we did or not but do remember beating Pompey 2-1 down at their place, we were very good on the counter attack that day.
  • Options

Darren Bent joined CAFC on 1 June 2005. We had a flying start to 2005/06, without which the season could have seen us relegated a year sooner than eventually happened.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Inappropriate......
  • Options

He is a big player in the Russian World Cup event team isn't he? Specifically trying to "manage' the anti-racism issues, I think.

Yeah I am not sure if his specific role but it is to do with race
  • Options
    Peter Varney speaks out about rumours surrounding his departure

https://ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/peter-varney-puts-the-record-straight-on-departure-rumours/
  • Options

https://ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/peter-varney-puts-the-record-straight-on-departure-rumours/

Glad his health is okay... Interesting he isnt retiring then, surely means there is still a chance ;)
  • Options

Doesn't rule out any role at CAFC in the future.

• Options

“Up to 100m”
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Even if he just comes back as our CEO...might be a refreshing change. (Though appreciate this is not likely if RM remains involved in some shape or form.)