Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• edited January 2018
    I think we've been here many times before flogging off our best players , firesale here we come?

If this goes through i'll b glad i didn't commit to a half season ticket!
  • edited January 2018
    As Predictable as it's depressing.

What world is Robinson in believing he will get bodies in as replacements? At best we may get a cast off from the buying club as a make wight to any deal. Or better still some shit loan from the Belgium 3rd Division.

I am not a Robinson fan, but at the moment, god helps us, he is the only glue I can see holding the whole thing together. The statement he made leaves him no where to go when Ricky is sold. See you later Karl it's been good
  • Our most effective player by a country mile - don't blame him at all - similar to the Yann situation - to take a quote from the other forum, it looks like the takeover will torpedo our season - let's hope it's all worth it in the end - something needs to happen just a shame that wasn't in the summer after giving things a proper go this year. Wonder why it's all blown up now? Meire leaving???, Rumours affecting the players?? Poor run of results making further big spending inevitable?? or some genuine offers worthy of a proper DD finally coming in?? Who knows, just hope none of it involves any plans to move out of the Valley.
  • Redrobo said:

Rob7Lee said:

Redrobo said:

It doesn't matter to me what the Blades pay for him. If it was the old half penny that went out in the 1980s or a billion pounds we know as fans the club or Robbo wouldn't see a single half penny of it as Roland would pocket the lot for his own use. The fact is we are more than probably gonna lose a key player in this transfer window.

Can you please explain how Roland would be able to “pocket the lot for his own use”?
    He's a mad man, he'll believe that selling players won't reduce the sale price.

I doubt there are any heads of agreement signed with buyers, so if he sells that means less money he has to put in to cover operational costs so in effect, yes, he does pocket the money, for now......... but it will lower the price he achieves on a sale (if it didn't I'd be very worried on the calibre of the buyer).
    So he does not pocket the money, it would just reduce the club debt. The only way he would benefit is if he got more for the player than his book value AND the buyers didn’t notice.

Muir don’t seem to be the kind of chap you could easily mug off to me.
    Indeed, if it screwed the team on the pitch, it's possible that the offer prices for the club might reduce MORE than the transfer fee.

If we'd been top 2 at the moment, I'm sure Roland would be getting bigger offers for the club.
  • No hard feelings if he does go. His got one big(ger) move left and why hang round a club with, under current owner, no ambition and plans. Sad that Duchatalet now seems happy to asset strip what is left. Suspect we won't even get in rejects from elsewhere in his glorious network to replace him.

One player, but sends a massive message to the rest of the squad ... and the fans.
  • Since Robinson made it clear he'd lined up Carruthers then surely Holmes was the bargaining chip for the Blades. Therefore, I would imagine that something was lined up. The goalposts have changed given that it seems we're not buying anyone but the seed was already planted with Holmes and so he wants to go.
  • On a smaller scale obviously Holmes leaving will be as devastating to morale and future prospects as Scott Parker back in January 2004.

The one player we have with any sort of consistent ability to penetrate opposition defences.
  • I really like Ricky, on his day he is surely our best player. Don't want to see him go but wish him well if he does.

It does make me laugh though, (and this is not a slur on Ricky as nobody has actually heard him say he wants to leave), when players say they want to leave a club because the team hasn't performed as well as expected and isn't pushing for promotion etc, when they are a crucial part of the team that hasn't performed. Just like when clubs are relegated, lots of players try to move to clubs in the original division, and over time distance themselves from the fact they played a part in the relegation.
  • Just heard he's gone......

......... to the shop for lunch! :blush:
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob7Lee said:

Just heard he's gone......

......... to the shop for lunch! :blush:

Finger poised over the flag button !!

• Disappointed in him this season, has constantly been a booking waiting to happen, has had a heavy touch and whined a lot to the refs... Shadow of the player he was last season and the early part of this one.

I don't want him to go, unless it guarantees us signing a striker of the same quality.
  • He will be joining the better team lads and now Sheff Utd have come good they need to push on.

"You fill up my senses................................."
  • tgarrat1 said:

Swap him for Carruthers, apart from scoring the odd screamer he does very little! Runs down blind alleys, and gives the ball away constantly

He’s been shit of late, but he the only one who looks to have a bit of quality and can magic something up.

If he leaves I don’t blame him. And indeed anybody else who wants to go. Charlton are a particularly good place to be at the moment are they?
  • edited January 2018
    Nicholas said:

Good riddance to him . He’s been making it clear for a long time that he wants to play in The Championship without actually showing he’s Championship class .
    You can count on one hand the good games he has played this season

Enjoy getting splinters on Sheffield United's bench.

Nicholas said:

Good riddance to him . He’s been making it clear for a long time that he wants to play in The Championship without actually showing he’s Championship class .

What a crock of shit, he is the best player we have in the team. Its been a stop start season for Ricky and the rest of the team yet again because of the lack of depth we have in the squad. One minute he is playing with decent players the next shit players, or unfit players.

I love on here whenever we are about to sell one of our better players they are now shit or they were never committed. Blame the 2 twats Roland and Robinson.
    Elequently put as usual but do you agree with me ?
  • tgarrat1 said:

Swap him for Carruthers, apart from scoring the odd screamer he does very little! Runs down blind alleys, and gives the ball away constantly

He’s been shit of late, but he the only one who looks to have a bit of quality and can magic something up.

If he leaves I don’t blame him. And indeed anybody else who wants to go. Charlton are a particularly good place to be at the moment are they?
    When I read the title I thought you were going off to join Holmesdale.net
  • tgarrat1 said:

With this impending takeover, it could be a club on the up. I appreciate that its a big could and that we are Charlton and our luck has been piss poor!

30 year old will look at this to have a crack at a higher level and earn some really good dollar!

I do think if he goes, Carruthers should come the other way as part of the deal.
  • “But what I won’t do is sell the player just for money. I’m sticking to my guns on that. I’d need a replacement immediately and then we’ll want to use the money to strengthen the squad.

“That’s my whole crux of the conversation and I need to be trusted with that. If I’m not trusted then I’m not the person for the job".

this could get interesting. If Ricky goes and no replacement comes in then I expect Gobbinson to walk. He won't though.

How about swap + cash for Curuthers (spelling lol)
  • Sponsored links:

• tgarrat1 said:

With this impending takeover, it could be a club on the up. I appreciate that its a big could and that we are Charlton and our luck has been piss poor!

30 year old will look at this to have a crack at a higher level and earn some really good dollar!

I do think if he goes, Carruthers should come the other way as part of the deal.
    They better hurry up and get it done then so that RD still has time to sell Carruthers by the end of the month.
  • “But what I won’t do is sell the player just for money. I’m sticking to my guns on that. I’d need a replacement immediately and then we’ll want to use the money to strengthen the squad.

“That’s my whole crux of the conversation and I need to be trusted with that. If I’m not trusted then I’m not the person for the job".

this could get interesting. If Ricky goes and no replacement comes in then I expect Gobbinson to walk. He won't though.

finally something me and fatty agree on!
  • Guaranteed to drive up the sales of the half season tickets !!!
  • edited January 2018

Nicholas said:

What a crock of shit, he is the best player we have in the team. Its been a stop start season for Ricky and the rest of the team yet again because of the lack of depth we have in the squad. One minute he is playing with decent players the next shit players, or unfit players.

I love on here whenever we are about to sell one of our better players they are now shit or they were never committed. Blame the 2 twats Roland and Robinson.
    Elequently put as usual but do you agree with me ?
    I do. I've not seen anything that shows me he wants to get us promoted since October.

Also shirley the two twats were Roland and Katrien... Just one twat and a naive manager left.
  • edited January 2018

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/11/do-ricky-holmes-wants-championship-move-will-leeds-rival-sheffie/

Leeds in for him now then? Don't think he would get much game time there!

Roly will love this - a bidding war, he might get a few more quid in his pocket.

Gobbinson is a good nickname