Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match thread: Bury v Charlton | Sat 13 Jan 2018

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018
    The excrement excitement builds
  • Options

not putting a couple of U23s on the bench to cover for injuries is moronic, what's gobby gonna do in the 47th minute when a 3rd bloke gets clattered? Put Phillips up front or finish Solls's or JFC's season by letting them compound their existing injuries? What an absolute effing bellend. If roly's handed down some shithead order about appearance money then gobby should defy him and make the septic old berk try to sack him.
    Bury looking forward to their first win in ages. Their confidence will be brimming now it's so blatantly obvious that some pathetic panto has rolled into Gigg Lane to pretend to be Charlton. Our team wouldn't look out of place in big wigs, red noses and long shoes, I bet the doors and wheels are falling off the team coach as I write.

Go and make yourself a nice cup of tea, Stiggy.

• Options
    Phillips ain't a bad player tbf. ;)
  • Options
    I did my back this morning sorting my neighbours lovely cat, and I am in fucking agony despite the co-codamol.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Tell us more, RedHenry.

You've seen him play outfield in training?

• Options

Oggy Red said:

I'm mystified by the decision to go with that bench.

If Solly and Forster-Caskey are not fit, having them on a five man bench is petty and, quite possibly, damaging. Even if forced to select from the U23s, we need to have both a full and fit bench (while hoping to avoid throwing unready players into the fray).

Frankly, if this is Robinson's decision, he should go. It's the sort of petulance I'd expect from a 10 year old. He is, IMHO, today deliberately sacrificing our team's chances of a win on the altar of his own ego, leaving us with an inadequate matchday squad (so, in terms of player selection, not too far removed from the self-regarding idiocy of Duchatelet since 2014).

Steady, he can still only play 3 subs.

I agree, but a competent manager would seek to ensure as many positions as possible are covered, and would not put injured players on the bench.

It's childish point-scoring.

And what happens if we have a defender injured after 20 minutes?
    Saving on appearance bonuses??
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Probably a better option up front that Magennis (who will score now I’ve said that)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Forster-Caskey. Proper Charlton. FACT.
  • Options

Now you’ve said that I expect he’ll end up in Sheffield next week.
  • Options

What, becasue he’s been told to sit on the bench despite being injured/unfit to make it look less tinpot?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I did my back this morning sorting my neighbours lovely cat, and I am in fucking agony despite the co-codamol.

Sorry to hear that, Seth. I'm surprised Robinson hasn't picked you for the bench.

• Options
    Holmes is still contracted to us isn't he ?? He could at least be on the bench or would we rather play Phillips if we have to play 3 subs. I don't care where "his head is" . I hope we lose.

A complete fucking joke.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Blimey mate what is it a lion.
  • Options

5 subs and 2 not really fit to play. Nice to see that we have a top 6 budget

Do not agree with a lot of your stuff but this is a cracking line.

The Belgians talk more shit than anything you see on.............
  • Options
    Is McCleish there?
  • Options

Have a look at the line up the BBC has put up on their match thread just now: :smile:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42587582
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redhenry said:

Probably a better option up front that Magennis (who will score now I’ve said that)
    As Curbs might say p'raps Magennis is a better goalkeeper than Phillips
  • Options
    alangee said:

Is McCleish there?

He might get a game at this rate.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Redhenry said:

As Curbs might say p'raps Magennis is a better goalkeeper than Phillips
    Apparently, Magennis was once.

• Options
    KR must have known yesterday, why travel with 2 injured players. He could have arranged for U23 replacements to be driven up.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

At about 23.00 tonight.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Have a look at the line up the BBC has put up on their match thread just now: :smile:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42587582

Interesting. Someone is very wrong
  • Options
    How long’s KAG out for?
  • Options
    Sooooo..... use Lapslie at the wrong time (when we are 1-0 up at home and holding on)

Then fail to utlise him when we DO need him!

-

I like Robbo making a point, but this isn’t the best way to maximise our chances of getting 3 points.

Basket case of a club!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Pundits on Soccer Saturday discussing Newcastle & Rafa's "annoyance" at not being able to bring any players in (or even being told of his budget) during the transfer window and how he may have to leave as it might affect his reputation.

Yes, a Premiership side that gets 40k supporters every week. My heart bleeds for them.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I'm mystified by the decision to go with that bench.

If Solly and Forster-Caskey are not fit, having them on a five man bench is petty and, quite possibly, damaging. Even if forced to select from the U23s, we need to have both a full and fit bench (while hoping to avoid throwing unready players into the fray).

Frankly, if this is Robinson's decision, he should go. It's the sort of petulance I'd expect from a 10 year old. He is, IMHO, today deliberately sacrificing our team's chances of a win on the altar of his own ego, leaving us with an inadequate matchday squad (so, in terms of player selection, not too far removed from the self-regarding idiocy of Duchatelet since 2014).

Solly and Forster-Caskey insisted on coming to the match as an act of solidarity apparently.
    [edit - sorry, old news]
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!