Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bundesliga

Comments

• Options
    Annoying that the title race is over already. Never really have much interest in watching games where they have no stakes in them, so will probably just tune in to watch the relegation battle games going forward 
  • Options
    “Erling Haaland fails to score in consecutive league starts for the first time since September 2018, when he was playing for Molde FK in the Norwegian top flight.”

Quite the stat!
  • Options
    Lcafctom said:
    Annoying that the title race is over already. Never really have much interest in watching games where they have no stakes in them, so will probably just tune in to watch the relegation battle games going forward 
    Yeah Bremen have given themselves a chance and Mainz got stuffed at the weekend. Should be a good battle down there.

Thought Haaland looked slightly out of his depth today playing against the best CB’s in the world. He’s a proper talent tho.

Alfonso Davies is just a ridiculous athlete. Can’t believe he’s only 19.
  • Options
    Lcafctom said:
    Yeah Bremen have given themselves a chance and Mainz got stuffed at the weekend. Should be a good battle down there.

Thought Haaland looked slightly out of his depth today playing against the best CB’s in the world. He’s a proper talent tho.

Alfonso Davies is just a ridiculous athlete. Can’t believe he’s only 19.
    Union Berlin look to be dropping a little bit now - the break and having no fans may really hurt them
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    “Erling Haaland fails to score in consecutive league starts for the first time since September 2018, when he was playing for Molde FK in the Norwegian top flight.”

Quite the stat!
    Only 1 goal in his last 6 games in all competitions now.

Nothing special about him really 🤣🤣

Taylor has 3 in his last 6
  • Options
    4 more games tonight with 20 minutes to go

We have seen

1 away win

2 away teams winning
    1 draw

That includes Leverkusen losing at home, who were 2nd in the form table only behind Munich with 25 points from the last 10 games
  • Options
    The number of away wins is silly at this point.
  • Options
    Frankfurt equalise late... :-)
  • Options
    So glad I chose to watch Bremen game.

0-0.
  • Options
    Just goes to show what a leveller playing behind closed doors is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    22 games

3 home wins
    7 draws
    12 away wins

5 more games tomorrow 

Surely a home win for Leipzig, but the others could go either way
  • Options
    Just goes to show what a leveller playing behind closed doors is
    There’s levelling the playing field and then there’s what we’re seeing right now. 

Obviously 22 games is insignificant in the grand scheme of things but over 50% away wins is mental.
  • Options
    For comparison, the Bundesliga 2 results behind closed doors:

8 home wins
    8 draws
    4 away wins
  • Options
    An outstanding first half from both teams in the Dortmund v Bayern game, capped by a beautiful Yann style chip. Bayern dominated the second half and ran out worthy winners. In addition to their class, experience and winning mentality, their energy levels and relentless pressing to win back possession squeezed the life out of Dortmund, who ran out of ideas.

I saw most of the Bremen game and thought that they weren't bad for a team down the bottom. Unfortunately for them, they squandered a few good chances and lacked quality in the final ball.

Overall, good entertaining stuff. There was a fair amount of physicality in both games but they were played in a good spirit and there was a lack of play acting and dissent, other than on a couple of decisions which prompted dissent from the Bayern players.

I think the additional exposure which the Bundeslegia is getting will certainly increase interest in the league, although the fact that the same team wins it practically every year is clearly a limiting factor. 

• Options
    Blucher said:
    An outstanding first half from both teams in the Dortmund v Bayern game, capped by a beautiful Yann style chip. Bayern dominated the second half and ran out worthy winners. In addition to their class, experience and winning mentality, their energy levels and relentless pressing to win back possession squeezed the life out of Dortmund, who ran out of ideas.

I saw most of the Bremen game and thought that they weren't bad for a team down the bottom. Unfortunately for them, they squandered a few good chances and lacked quality in the final ball.

Overall, good entertaining stuff. There was a fair amount of physicality in both games but they were played in a good spirit and there was a lack of play acting and dissent, other than on a couple of decisions which prompted dissent from the Bayern players.

I think the additional exposure which the Bundeslegia is getting will certainly increase interest in the league, although the fact that the same team wins it practically every year is clearly a limiting factor. 

Exactly. I can watch any football from any league, but globally the Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1 will never reach Premier league levels of interest because the same team wins it every year.

This season will be Bayerns 8th in a row and 16th title in the last 22 years.
    Juventus are going for their 9th title in a row.
    PSG have won 7 of the last 8 French titles. 
  • Options
    I agree, people keep mentioning it, but there has not been many shock results for me yet. This weekend most home teams are fave bar Dortmund who are away, lets see if it makes much of a difference...
  • Options
    Really enjoyed last nights game, Dortmund started better and played well but lacked the cutting edge in the final ball. Haaland had a shocker, but still looks a great player Bayern have such a solid defence, Alfonso Davies what a player he is! Great going forward and tracking back, covers so much distance and Alaba in a central role they were hard to break down but Dortmund did have a few good half chances in the first half. 
    2nd half Bayern upped their game, pressed more and Dortmund struggled, i am not sure why Brandt come off as he was their best player, Sancho should be starting when fit, still not sure on Hazard junior does have his moments but i dont think he has the impact the other 2 do. What a goal too, great game! 

I did try to flick between Bayer L and Borussia games but both were pretty dull tight games didn't really get into them. Cant believe Bayer lost 0-4 in the end , i only switched off half time thats a crazy result with their current form.

I dont think no crowd is a huge factor, if the games are good i will watch them, but do lean towards Dortmund or Munich at the mo, maybe Redbull if they play well.
  • Options
    Dortmund's record in Munich is atrocious.

Last 5 visits

4-0
    5-0
    6-0
    4-1
    5-1
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I agree, people keep mentioning it, but there has not been many shock results for me yet. This weekend most home teams are fave bar Dortmund who are away, lets see if it makes much of a difference...
    I disagree especially if you look at betting

Week 1

Dusseldorf 11/10 favourites drew to Paderbon 

Hoffenheim 6/5 favourites lost to Hertha 11/5

Leipzig 3/10 favourites drew to Freiburg

Koln 5/6 favourites drew to Mainz

So in week 1 four of the home teams that didnt win were favourites 

Week 2

Monchengladbach 16/11 favourites lost to Leverkusen 17/11

Freiburg 11/10 favourites lost to Bremen 23/10

Schalke 10/11 favourites lost yo Augsburg 11/4

Koln 5/7 favourites drew to Dusseldorf 

So again week 2 saw four home team favourites fail to win

Week 3

Frankfurt 1/1 favourites drew to Freiburg 

Leverkusen 7/11 favourites lost to Wolfsburg 4/1

Leipzig 3/10 favourites drew to Hertha Berlin

So week 3 has seen 3 home favourites fail to win so far

Tonight

Augsburg 10/11
    Dusseldorf 8/5
    Union Berlin 13/10

Are all home favourites see if they buck the trend or not
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Wow the Hertha keeper🤣🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh dear Lookman

Looked good since he came on, then gave away an 80th minute penalty 
  • Options
    Hoffenheim are winning 1-0 and Koln down to 10 men

Are we heading for the 4th home win since the restart 
  • Options
    Watching Union v Mainz. The quality is terrible.
  • Options
    The Goalkeeping from the Union goal... Oh dear god!!

Union need a result from this though, lose and they're suddenly five points from the relegation play-offs
  • Options
    What the F*** was Andrich doing tho, minutes before HT on a booking and the ball is on the halfway line, no need to put in a stupid challenge like that, now Union down to ten for the 2nd half
  • Options
    Hertha keeper looks like he might have cost me well over £400 for a £5 stake.
  • Options
    The Goalkeeping from the Union goal... Oh dear god!!

Union need a result from this though, lose and they're suddenly five points from the relegation play-offs
    Wasnt as bad as the Hertha keeper lol.

For anyone who missed it
  • Options
    Had Hertha and Hoffengeim wins and Mainz draw. What was that Hertha keeper up to? 
  • Options
    If anyone wants a German team, Mainz colours are red and white, they were formed in 1905 and they’re crap.
    Here is quite an interesting read behind the culture of their club:

http://www.unusualefforts.com/mainz-05/

Whilst they hold a strong ‘carnival’ culture, ours’ is probably more aligned with pantomime