Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bundesliga

Comments

• Options
    Superb game on now Cologne v Leipzig. 2-4 after 58 minutes
    Oh for god sake!! 
  • Options
    Oh for god sake!! 
    Not watching again
  • Options
    Oh for god sake!! 
    Not watching again
    Saw it up until 1-0 then went for dinner so havent bothered watching any more so you can all have me to thank for another exciting game
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Must be really frustrating for Dortmund fans, they have a brilliant team but you just can’t see them overtaking Bayern any time soon and actually winning the league. 
    Bayern were actually in trouble earlier on in the season and it's only their amazing form since they sacked Kovac and brought in Flick, that has enabled them to get past Dortmund.

He's managed 25 league and cup games, W22 D1 L2.
    The 2 defeats came in his first 6 matches and since then they've won 18 and drawn 1.
  • Options
    Bremen 0-0 Frankfurt at the moment.

Bremen look much the better side, can see them getting out of it
  • Options

@ForeverAddickted is clearly watching 

Switch off mate 
  • Options
    Frankfurt just scored a bullet header. Shows what I know.
  • Options

@ForeverAddickted is clearly watching 

Switch off mate 
    Haha - Nah I'm not, I saw Gary's post and thought I'd deliberately stay away from it for him
  • Options
    2-0. Straight off the bench, ran into the box from a corner scored first touch.
  • Options
    3-0. Gave Bremen the true kiss of death.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bremen were 17/10 , Frankfurt faves, i couldn't see why and felt Bremen looked the better team when i flicked over and stats then all of a sudden a few goals. right call by the bookies as ever
  • Options
    Akanji and Sancho both been fined by the DFL for getting home haircuts without the players or the hairdressers wearing PPE.

Sancho apparently described the fine as a Joke.

Sorry Jadon but these rules are in place for everyone's protection and if you can't follow them you get fined, not sure whats a joke about it
  • Options
    Heavy away favourites Gladbach lose at Freiburg. Look at that! Behind closed doors clearly favours the home teams..! ;-)
  • Options
    Far too much being read into home advantage going out the window in my opinion. While it may be true in some cases, 3 or 4 games per team is far too small a sample size to draw any conclusions. I believe in the 2nd tier in Germany the number of home wins since the return is just a couple of percent lower than pre lockdown.
    I’m not saying home advantage hasn’t changed at all, just that it’s too early to completely declare it gone.

Ultimately, the teams which can adapt to this wildly different situation the best will be the ones that can get a run of results together.
  • Options
    Far too much being read into home advantage going out the window in my opinion. While it may be true in some cases, 3 or 4 games per team is far too small a sample size to draw any conclusions. I believe in the 2nd tier in Germany the number of home wins since the return is just a couple of percent lower than pre lockdown.
    I’m not saying home advantage hasn’t changed at all, just that it’s too early to completely declare it gone.

Ultimately, the teams which can adapt to this wildly different situation the best will be the ones that can get a run of results together.
    I don't think home advantage has totally "gone" but what is "home advantage" if it isn't having the influence of a home crowd?

Since they started to play behind closed doors, there have been just 9 home wins from 39 games. If we analyse that further and take out the top two sides when at home, Bayern and Dortmund, we see that there have been just 6 home wind from 35 (Bayern actually won at Dortmund too). So that means that 83% of games not involving the top two at home, in that period, have been draws or away wins. 

It is too small a sample to say definitively but had you layed the home side in those 35 games you'd have had 29 wins and had you backed the away team that would have given you a return, at bigger odds, on 19 occasions. Those are massive percentages and it will be interesting to see how results pan out for the rest of the season both here and in the Premier League.

• Options
    Good start for Leverkusen beating Munich 1-0
  • Options
    Leverkusen just gone one nil up at home to Bayern. No Havertz in the squad either.
  • Options
    Using fake crowd noise in the Leverkusen v Bayern match is working quite well
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Benjamin Hubner for Hoffenheim was sent off for 2 yellows after 49 minutes against Koln and missed their game against Mainz through suspension 

Back today and sent off after 9 minutes against Dusseldorf straight Red this time
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Munich have turned it around before HT and lead 3-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Muller and Lewandowski both picked up bookings tho and will miss the next game against Monchengladbach 
  • Options
    The same song is getting on my tits now!!
  • Options
    Akanji and Sancho both been fined by the DFL for getting home haircuts without the players or the hairdressers wearing PPE.

Sorry Jadon but these rules are in place for everyone's protection and if you can't follow them you get fined, not sure whats a joke about it
    I assume he means that it's deemed perfectly ok by the DFL for him to go and out and play a contact sport with 22 other people (more if you're counting subs), but yet he gets a fine for getting a haircut from 1 person that took place in his own home when Germany has eased it's lockdown.
  • Options
    Bayern are a class apart. Will take a very good side to stop them from winning the champions league this season when it ever resumes.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

I assume he means that it's deemed perfectly ok by the DFL for him to go and out and play a contact sport with 22 other people (more if you're counting subs), but yet he gets a fine for getting a haircut from 1 person that took place in his own home when Germany has eased it's lockdown.
    But there are rules in places to keep football going, one of the managers was suspended for a game for breaking lockdown rules and going out and getting milk or something, the hairdresser had not been checked for covid19, so why were the hairdresser or him not wearing gloves or masks for protection.

Why should he be exempt from the rules
  • Options

I don't think home advantage has totally "gone" but what is "home advantage" if it isn't having the influence of a home crowd?

Since they started to play behind closed doors, there have been just 9 home wins from 39 games. If we analyse that further and take out the top two sides when at home, Bayern and Dortmund, we see that there have been just 6 home wind from 35 (Bayern actually won at Dortmund too). So that means that 83% of games not involving the top two at home, in that period, have been draws or away wins. 

It is too small a sample to say definitively but had you layed the home side in those 35 games you'd have had 29 wins and had you backed the away team that would have given you a return, at bigger odds, on 19 occasions. Those are massive percentages and it will be interesting to see how results pan out for the rest of the season both here and in the Premier League.

Another 4/4 home teams failing to win - away wins for Bayern (4/9) and Mainz (5/2) plus draws for Hoffenheim (5/2) and Paderborn (9/!)

Just 9 homes from 43 now of which Bayern and Dortmund have contributed a third of them
  • Options
    The same song is getting on my tits now!!
    They should try mixing it up with Allez Allez Allez
  • Options
    Got Dortmund v Hertha on this evening

You've been warned!! 
  • Options

You've been warned!! 
    Fiver on 0-0
  • Options

You've been warned!! 
    Fiver on 0-0
    Cmon its Dortmund, they cant be involved in many 0-0's surely?