Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bundesliga

Comments

• Options
    Jamal Musiala who is a half english, half german attacking midfielder and has played for England U17s, is on the Bayern bench tonight. He's not 18 until February.
  • Options
    Bundesliga today

1 game has 5 goals
    2 games have 4 goals
    1 game has 2 goals
    1 game has 0 goals

Lets have a guess which one @ForeverAddickted is watching 🤣🤣
    Haha I watched the Dortmund game... I thought there was a goal earlier than the death though as saw one scored just before I went for my run
  • Options
    This weekend so far - 5 away wins and one draw. Yes a lot of these were favourites (though two teams won at 11/4 and 5/2 respectively) but these away sides have to play at home every other week and their so called favouritism is simply not evidenced by their home form

Since the Bundesliga resumed we have had:

Home Wins - 10
    Draws -15 
    Away Wins - 27

If we take out the home games for Bayern and Dortmund this becomes:

Home Wins - 6
    Draws -15 
    Away Wins - 26

That is absolutely staggering - excluding the top two, the home side has only won 13% of games (6 out of 47) since the re-start. Once again, excluding those two sides, the home team won 40% of matches (79 from 199) before the break.

Even including all the teams in the League only 19% (10 out of 52) of games post break have been home wins as compared to 43% before the break (97 out of 224)

It will be very interesting to see if this is replicated in the Premier League but even more so in the Championship where the gap between the top and bottom sides is much narrower.  
  • Options
    Wtf was that.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Bayern even with half their first team missing still manage to beat 4th placed Monchengladbach. 1 more win needed for yet another title.
  • Options
    Bayern even with half their first team missing still manage to beat 4th placed Leverkusen. 1 more win needed for yet another title.
    Cor they done well I watched them beat Monchengladbach but they also beat Leverkusen jesus 🤣🤣😉

Leverkusen are gonna be knackered against Schalke tomorrow 
  • Options
    Was great seeing an Uwe Rosler side playing in the top flight somewhere. Dussesdorf were...aggressive yesterday. Rosler nearly got booked himself. That said, I do rate him more highly than most and think he's a decent manager. Think he'll end up like a Felix Magath-type hardman firefighter. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    If Mainz had a goalscorer they’d be clear of the relegation zone, even tho their defence is equally bad.

Latze, Quaison and Oztunali link up well with Mateta, but he just cannot finish. 
  • Options
    If Mainz had a goalscorer they’d be clear of the relegation zone, even tho their defence is equally bad.

Latze, Quaison and Oztunali link up well with Mateta, but he just cannot finish. 
    Went to Mainz v Schalke last season, Mainz won 3-0 and was a great game and day.

Mateta scored that day when he came off the bench, was a handful. In fact, he done well last season scoring 14 goals. Just not really done it this season and that seems to be what has cost them. 
  • Options
    Also Moussa Niakhate reminds me so much of Naby Sarr it’s unreal. Both tall, left footed centre backs who are technically very good on the ball.

Mainz also played the diamond last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

To be fair if you have no goalscorer AND a defence that is equally bad, that is probably the definition of being a relegation candidate
  • Options

To be fair if you have no goalscorer AND a defence that is equally bad, that is probably the definition of being a relegation candidate
    Apart from the Leipzig game, they’ve created so many chances since the restart yet not taken them. What I meant by equally bad is they can defend well yet make such sloppy mistakes, conceding after 44 seconds today for example. 1 slip up and 8 wasted chances seems to be their downfall.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Went to Mainz v Schalke last season, Mainz won 3-0 and was a great game and day.

Mateta scored that day when he came off the bench, was a handful. In fact, he done well last season scoring 14 goals. Just not really done it this season and that seems to be what has cost them. 
    What was the town like? I know it’s a ‘carnival town’. 

Watched all their games since the restart so if I was go and do a game in Germany it would be in Mainz.
  • Options
    Did anyone see the very odd way the ref ended the Mainz v Augsburg game?
  • Options
    I can just see ValleyGary booming out You’ll Never Walk Alone plastic scouser that he is 
  • Options
    I can just see ValleyGary booming out You’ll Never Walk Alone plastic scouser that he is 
    As soon as I read they sing that my heart sunk. 

I’ll stick with the goosebumps of C....A.....F.....C...
  • Options
    Bayern Munich are champions 
  • Options
    Paderbon relegated as well
  • Options
    Mainz currently winning 2-0 away at Dortmund.

Should be enough to keep them up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mainz currently winning 2-0 away at Dortmund.

Should be enough to keep them up.
    Makes the next game interesting definitely.

Werder Bremen need to win the last 2 and hope that Mainz lose the last 2.

They also need to overturn an 8 goal deficit. 

Next game is Mainz v Werder Bremen
  • Options
    Also with Stuggart winning today they have now moved ahead of Hamburg with 2 games to go.

So todays results have massively increased the likelihood of Bremen v Hamburg in the relegation/promotion play off

What a massive game between those 2 that would be
  • Options
    Fortuna Dusseldorf have 2 winnable games remaining, Augsburg at home then Union Berlin away so they have a good chance of staying above Bremen.
  • Options
    Also saw that after winning last night, Bayern's reserve side are now top of the 3rd tier. Just shows how strong Bayern are when their kids are top of a division that features sides like Duisburg, Ingolstadt (who were in the Bundesliga 3 years ago) and Kaiserslautern.
  • Options
    Leipzig cost me some wonga lol 2-0 up i thought pretty much done was a freebet and the other team scored 87th and 92nd minute
  • Options
    Timo Werner to Chelsea for 47.5m in todays market is an absolute bargain.

Lampard is building a very good young side there. 
  • Options

Incredible signing at that price. Chelsea making some very good moves.
  • Options

Incredible signing at that price. Chelsea making some very good moves.
    Indeed. Werner and Ziyech in for a total of around 80m to replace Willian and Pedro is great business. 

Chelsea are also said to be making a move for Kai Havertz too as the other big players for him are out of the running this summer. Real Madrid can't afford him as they're lining up a huge move for Mbappe next year and they need to sell players and Bayern have prioritised Leroy Sane and also can't afford him. 
  • Options
    Bremen losing massive game against Mainz

Puts them in big big trouble
  • Options
    Leverkusen losing as well a game that if they win they have a massive chance of Champions League next season