Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michał Żyro signs on Loan from Wolves

Comments

• Options

Why on earth Robbo ever felt he was winger is beyond me

Why on earth did Robbo think we only had the one Striker in Magennis is beyond me!!

Ajose | Zyro | Mavididi | Magennis all played up front yesterday
  • Options
    For the goal against Rotherham, he had 3 defenders to deal with. He got the shot away, it was on target, and went in.

Magennis in the same situation would have been dispossessed without a shot and the move would have come to nothing.
  • Options
    Much as I like Magennis , I don't believe he would have scored the goal that Zyro scored, for our opener on Monday, given the same opportunity.
  • Options

Much as I like Magennis , I don't believe he would have scored the goal that Zyro scored, for our opener on Monday, given the same opportunity.

That's not the most profound thing I've ever read on here
  • Options

He just couldn't fit him into his narrow view of what a striker needs to offer. Zyro is perfect in a two up front. He's capable of dropping a bit deeper and playing intelligent passes, but he's also big and strong and can hold the ball up and bully defenders. Him and Ajose are working brilliantly together at the moment because they're both working for each other to try and make things happen. I don't think either of them would be able to show half of what they have under Bowyer isolated on their own up front.
  • Options
    To be fair to Magennis, Zyro had 2 chances from a similar position against Plymouth and missed them both! As we were 2-0 up it didn't matter, but if the game had finished 0-0, I imagine there would have been more "reaction"

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I actually thought he wasn't great yesterday other than an excellent finish. Him and Ajose do work well however.
  • Options

I'm sure Josh will still get plenty of minutes in the rest of the season. Apart from anything else, what are the chances of both Zyro and Ajose staying fit?

If nothing else, we could use him as a defensive substitute. He may not win many headers in the opposition box, but he's brilliant in our penalty box when we're defending corners and free kicks!

He ended up in the middle of a back five on Monday. Do you have tomorrow's lottery numbers by any chance?
  • Options

To be fair to Magennis, Zyro had 2 chances from a similar position against Plymouth and missed them both! As we were 2-0 up it didn't matter, but if the game had finished 0-0, I imagine there would have been more "reaction"

V Plymouth, he didn't have two defenders in front of him so, like Ronnie not putting in the final black for a 147 because the prize money wasn't worth it, Żyro didn't shoot on target because the chances were too easy.
  • Options
    Reminded me of Andy Hunt.
  • Options

Reminded me of Andy Hunt.

He played up front...
  • Options

Strikers will always miss more chances than they score. Always.

A ratio of 1 goal from 3 chances, is normally regarded as a decent return.
    As always, if you get in the right positions at the right time, the percentages do the rest.

• Options

He just couldn't fit him into his narrow view of what a striker needs to offer. Zyro is perfect in a two up front. He's capable of dropping a bit deeper and playing intelligent passes, but he's also big and strong and can hold the ball up and bully defenders. Him and Ajose are working brilliantly together at the moment because they're both working for each other to try and make things happen. I don't think either of them would be able to show half of what they have under Bowyer isolated on their own up front.
    Makes you wonder if Robinson was literally the only one on the training ground who agreed with the formation he insisted on playing.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Turns out 3 weeks is a long time in football. More fitness training plus playing in one's favoured role and blimey O'Reilly Magennis has a genuine rival for the starting berth at 'No.9'
    Chap along from me on Saturday likened MZ to an overweight Patrik Berger, which seems fair.
  • Options

Turns out 3 weeks is a long time in football. More fitness training plus playing in one's favoured role and blimey O'Reilly Magennis has a genuine rival for the starting berth at 'No.9'
    Chap along from me on Saturday likened MZ to an overweight Patrik Berger, which seems fair.

Does Żyro look overweight? I'm more inclined to see him as solidly built although I don't spend a lot of time studying the finer points of men's physiques so I'm happy to accept I could be mistaken.
  • Options
    There's something slightly heroic about Zyro. We're I a little younger I'd want a poster of him on my wall. Perhaps in my mid forties.
    Would be very happy if we bought him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

There's something slightly heroic about Zyro. We're I a little younger I'd want a poster of him on my wall. Perhaps in my mid forties.

Have to agree. Hope he feels settled with us because he won’t be needed at Wolves in the premier league next season

• Options

Does Żyro look overweight? I'm more inclined to see him as solidly built although I don't spend a lot of time studying the finer points of men's physiques so I'm happy to accept I could be mistaken.
    You need fanny.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

JamesSeed said:

Have to agree. Hope he feels settled with us because he won’t be needed at Wolves in the premier league next season

My wife will love it if he stays! Zyro to hero in just a handful of starts!
    He’d be great if we were in the championship! Got to get there though.
    Could see him joining if we go up or at least a season long loan.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

Swisdom said:

JamesSeed said:

My wife will love it if he stays! Zyro to hero in just a handful of starts!
    He’d be great if we were in the championship! Got to get there though.
    Could see him joining if we go up or at least a season long loan.
    Wolves are Premier League bound, I can't imagine they will really need him.
    We must be in with a shout
  • Options
    Coaching staff should be making every effort they can to convince him that SE7 is the place to be next season and obviously promotion helps massively with that. No harm trying to get him in regardless.

I said it in the match thread yesterday a bit tongue-in-cheek but I really think this bloke could be the next Kermorgant for us. He's far too intelligent and technically gifted for League One.
  • Options
    think people are forgetting that our club is still in limbo with no gaurentee who will be in charge for the new season. Kewell could potentially come in and feel that KAG is a better option as he's worked with him for half a season and has seen a lot of good and feel we don't need him as a striking option. Obviously I would love too see him back as he's a proper striker and think he's the only decent thing Robinson done during his time in charge.
  • Options

Coaching staff should be making every effort they can to convince him that SE7 is the place to be next season and obviously promotion helps massively with that. No harm trying to get him in regardless.

I said it in the match thread yesterday a bit tongue-in-cheek but I really think this bloke could be the next Kermorgant for us. He's far too intelligent and technically gifted for League One.

If we get promotion, then we would certainly stand a chance of signing him. In League One, no chance. Having proved his fitness with us, he'll easily get a Championship offer if he wants to leave Wolves
  • Options
    Very good player and will be in the Championship next season. Just hope that is with us.

Goes to show how rigid and how little Robinson knew if he thought he was more of a right winger than striker.

7 games left, but taking rotation into account, if Zyro can get another 3 goals between now and then of the season that’s a very good return in my opinion.
  • Options

I have yet to see Magennis have a shot from the edge of the box, let alone score from one. Maybe why he's only got 9 goals in about 37 games, and Zyro has got 3 in about 8 games, with most of those only sub appearances for 10 mins. Can't remember what game it was, but KR had Zyro standing on the touchline for 5 mins when the ball had gone out of play at least twice during that time.