Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michał Żyro signs on Loan from Wolves

Comments

• Options
    He's been with us for what, five games? And he's come off the bench in two? These are just top of my head numbers.

I agree that bringing him on for like two minutes against Shrews was silly, but beyond that, we've been ahead going in to the end of games so he's not really what's been required. And I'm pretty sure Robinson came out and said he wasn't fit enough to start.

I think right now it's much ado about nothing. There is still a lot of season to go, and a few weeks in which we'll be playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday. But as things stand, Josh is scoring again, and our biggest problem has been seeing out games rather than chasing them (Shrews aside obviously), and that's not really his area of expertise.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

As mentioned on the U23 thread... With Jackson / Pearce / Ajose playing - No further players over 23 could have been involved last night.

I understand both Pearce and Ajose playing to work on their fitness after injury, but why not Zyro ahead of Jacko?

ROFL
    have you seen him play?
    there's no pill for skill
    looks like Astrit Ajdarevic's overweight younger brother but with 10%max of AA's talent.

Less worthy of a tune up in the U23's than Jacko? Yep, all day long. Lee Bowyer would be better use of an overage player in the U23's
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

As mentioned on the U23 thread... With Jackson / Pearce / Ajose playing - No further players over 23 could have been involved last night.

I understand both Pearce and Ajose playing to work on their fitness after injury, but why not Zyro ahead of Jacko?

ROFL
    have you seen him play?
    looks like Astrit Ajdarevic's overweight younger brother but with 10%max of AA's talent.

Less worthy of a tune up in the U23's than Jacko? Yep, all day long. Lee Bowyer would be better use of an overage player in the U23's
    Do you like...anything?
    We'd miss him if he quit.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

SDAddick said:

ROFL
    have you seen him play?

Do you like...anything?
    We'd miss him if he quit.
    Yep
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

He's been with us for what, five games? And he's come off the bench in two? These are just top of my head numbers.

I agree that bringing him on for like two minutes against Shrews was silly, but beyond that, we've been ahead going in to the end of games so he's not really what's been required.And I'm pretty sure Robinson came out and said he wasn't fit enough to start.

I think right now it's much ado about nothing. There is still a lot of season to go, and a few weeks in which we'll be playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday. But as things stand, Josh is scoring again, and our biggest problem has been seeing out games rather than chasing them (Shrews aside obviously), and that's not really his area of expertise.

Not sure I agree with that, we’ve only ever been 1 goal ahead in most games and then ultimately lost the lead, so maybe another striker is what’s needed?
  • Options

SDAddick said:

I agree that bringing him on for like two minutes against Shrews was silly, but beyond that, we've been ahead going in to the end of games so he's not really what's been required.And I'm pretty sure Robinson came out and said he wasn't fit enough to start.

Not sure I agree with that, we’ve only ever been 1 goal ahead in most games and then ultimately lost the lead, so maybe another striker is what’s needed?
    Not unfair. Robinson brought on Aribo against Oxford and then Lennon against Doncaster and it felt like he kind of over learned his lesson from one game to the next.

If we were to go one up this weekend I would say an attacking change would be good because we've shown ourselves poor at holding leads. But up until now, I dunno it's hard to say. I definitely wouldn't have taken DaSilva off against Donny but each of them had a tactical reasoning behind it.
  • Options
    Zyro looks a very good player - strong and skilful. Injuries have knocked him back but happily for us he seems to be getting back on track.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope we see him start with Ajose for the Easter fixtures. Zyro offers a hell of a lot more than Magennis has this season.
  • Options
    Zyro has got a good touch and can hold it up or bring other players into the game. On Saturday he's always seemed to have players close to him, I assume these were the managers tactics playing a more attacking formation.

Bit unfair on Magennis as most of the season he's been the only man up front and no one gets near him to get on his flicks etc, again that was down to the managers tactics playing a more defensive formation.

• Options
    At the weekend it was nice to hit a ball to the big guy and it stuck. My biggest criticism of Josh is the ball often bounces off him and into the opposition's possession
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I'm sure Josh will still get plenty of minutes in the rest of the season. Apart from anything else, what are the chances of both Zyro and Ajose staying fit?

If nothing else, we could use him as a defensive substitute. He may not win many headers in the opposition box, but he's brilliant in our penalty box when we're defending corners and free kicks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd like to see Mavididi alongside Zyro once he's fit.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

thenewbie said:

Been a long time since Magennis was part of a team that played as well as the one on Saturday. Different tactics, different mentality and much better team work - he would probably look a much better player if he had that kind of support

He did in our 3-1 win at home to Walsall.

It was changed to 4-4-2 with 30 minutes left - Magennis was suddenly effective with Mavididi playing off him.
    Despite what his detractors say, I feel we'll see more to his game with different tactics and team mentality.
    Exactly. Not that Magennis hasn't been below par but even Kermorgant would have struggled left alone and up front abandoned by the entire midfield.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Oggy Red said:

thenewbie said:

Been a long time since Magennis was part of a team that played as well as the one on Saturday. Different tactics, different mentality and much better team work - he would probably look a much better player if he had that kind of support

It was changed to 4-4-2 with 30 minutes left - Magennis was suddenly effective with Mavididi playing off him.
    Despite what his detractors say, I feel we'll see more to his game with different tactics and team mentality.
    Exactly. Not that Magennis hasn't been below par but even Kermorgant would have struggled left alone and up front abandoned by the entire midfield.
    Blasphemy!
  • Options
    If Ajose continues as he did Vs Plymouth, he can stay in the 2 for now.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

thenewbie said:

Could argue it was still 4-2-3-1 with Mavididi in the "number 10" role - where as a natural striker he pushed forward more than players like Clarke or Reeves would.

Completely agree on the last point. Magennis shouldn't written off, we know he can cause a lot of problems at this level.
  • Options

He's gonna score the winner in the play off final.

• Options

Magennis seems like the kind of no nonsense character who might not have entirely seen eye to eye with Robinson so who knows if the mere fact KR has gone will revitalize Big Mag somewhat. Mag has his limitations but I maintain most strikers would struggle to score goals with the kind of slow, predictable "service" he had to work with.

Zyro looks an upgrade right now, but we have all seen Mag play better than he has in recent weeks and he offers a different option for whoever ends up in charge. He very much still has a role to play in our season.

Magennis made an excellent centre back at the close of today’s game!