Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michał Żyro signs on Loan from Wolves

Comments

• Options
    Zyro has a baby due in June! Start life in Wolverhampton or London? Lol
  • Options
    edited April 2018

To be fair to Magennis, Zyro had 2 chances from a similar position against Plymouth and missed them both! As we were 2-0 up it didn't matter, but if the game had finished 0-0, I imagine there would have been more "reaction"

I have yet to see Magennis have a shot from the edge of the box, let alone score from one. Maybe why he's only got 9 goals in about 37 games, and Zyro has got 3 in about 8 games, with most of those only sub appearances for 10 mins. Can't remember what game it was, but KR had Zyro standing on the touchline for 5 mins when the ball had gone out of play at least twice during that time.
    Two of those 3 goals Zyro has scored have been headers and Josh has 4 in his last 10 appearances for us so has hardly been in terrible form himself.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

After all these murders in London maybe Wolverhampton is a better place?
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

Yes, the prospect of bringing up a child with a Wolverhampton accent is pretty grim :smile:
  • Options

Coaching staff should be making every effort they can to convince him that SE7 is the place to be next season and obviously promotion helps massively with that. No harm trying to get him in regardless.

I said it in the match thread yesterday a bit tongue-in-cheek but I really think this bloke could be the next Kermorgant for us. He's far too intelligent and technically gifted for League One.

I made the Kermorgant comparison on Saturday. Considering he's still coming back to fitness after a massive lay off he could be the real deal after a full pre season
  • Options

CafcSCP said:

Swisdom said:

JamesSeed said:

There's something slightly heroic about Zyro. We're I a little younger I'd want a poster of him on my wall. Perhaps in my mid forties.
    Would be very happy if we bought him.

Have to agree. Hope he feels settled with us because he won’t be needed at Wolves in the premier league next season

My wife will love it if he stays! Zyro to hero in just a handful of starts!
    He’d be great if we were in the championship! Got to get there though.
    Could see him joining if we go up or at least a season long loan.
    Wolves are Premier League bound, I can't imagine they will really need him.
    We must be in with a shout
    Wolves definitely won't need him but i think he still has a year of his contract there so unless they want to loan him out again it'll depend on us paying a transfer fee and paying close to whatever wage he's on at Wolves.

Doubt we'll get him if we don't go up.
  • Options

CafcSCP said:

Swisdom said:

JamesSeed said:

There's something slightly heroic about Zyro. We're I a little younger I'd want a poster of him on my wall. Perhaps in my mid forties.
    Would be very happy if we bought him.

Have to agree. Hope he feels settled with us because he won’t be needed at Wolves in the premier league next season

My wife will love it if he stays! Zyro to hero in just a handful of starts!
    He’d be great if we were in the championship! Got to get there though.
    Could see him joining if we go up or at least a season long loan.
    Wolves are Premier League bound, I can't imagine they will really need him.
    We must be in with a shout
    Wolves definitely won't need him but i think he still has a year of his contract there so unless they want to loan him out again it'll depend on us paying a transfer fee and paying close to whatever wage he's on at Wolves.

Doubt we'll get him if we don't go up.
    That suggests that there is any functioning way the club could sign players for next season
  • Options
    Some of the praise is hugely exaggerated, he was quite poor on saturday other than an excellent finish
  • Options

Some of the praise is hugely exaggerated, he was quite poor on saturday other than an excellent finish

Yep, agree that he was rubbish on Saturday.

Much better on Monday.
  • Options

How do you know so much about his private life?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad to read that he did have insurance for his car, it was just that his Polish insurance didn't show up on the system when the police arrested him.

Heard the story at the time (Robinson in the car park again) but at the time it was told as if he didn't have any insurance.
  • Options
    Funny what a difference a couple of weeks makes. On 4th April we were going to beating Wolves’ door down to get him on a perm and play in the championship.
  • Options
    I know he must've performed better when we won a few games but having watched him against Wimbledon and scunthorpe he isn't fit to lace Yann's boots. Bottles challenges and just looks weak.
  • Options
    Just been watching wolves /Birmingham and it's hard to see how Zyro is going to get anywhere near the Wolves first team based on his recent performances here.
  • Options
    One of the worst strikers i can remember in recent years, please don't sign him.
  • Options

One of the worst strikers i can remember in recent years, please don't sign him.

He can join the long queue for that accolade
  • Options
    I think you forget, he is on loan here to regain fitness. That’s all it means to him. Hardly surprising that there is no passion to make the play offs when there are 5 such players in the first team.
  • Options
    Still has another season left on his Wolves deal i believe so will likely be available for loan again unless they cut their losses and pay him off (as no one will buy him), in which case he'll be on a free.

I'd actually give him the benefit of the doubt and say that if he had a full pre season with us, and was match fit then he'd be worth keeping on if (as expected) we're in league one next season. Seemed to show enough in the little 3 game burst of wins that he's got something about him.
  • Options

I thought some of the praise for him was a bit OTT.

he was scoring goals but didn't feature for long periods even in games when the team did well.

Think there is a good player there and some of the criticism is equally OTT.

Spot on. He held the ball up well against Plymouth, and clearly has some ability, but he's still slightly off the pace.

It seems the only loans we can get are the 'nearly' players, the ones no-one really knows what to do with, the easily injured, and the oddballs.

It's a bloody scandal that Duchâtelet has lumbered with so many of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He links the play better than Magennis; as I would
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

He can join the long queue for that accolade
    It’ll be a long time until someone removes Akpo from the podium
  • Options
    Zyro was completely invisible on Saturday.
  • Options
    Complete waste of time on Saturday. He didn’t win a single header and showed nothing. He done really well against Plymouth in particular, but he needs a rest and Magennis needs to start.
  • Options

Wouldn't hold it against him, it's not like he was the only one.
  • Options

We were too predictable. They stopped us playing it out from the back by closing us down. We then knocked it long and that played into the hands of their two giant centre backs. It was all too similar to the beginning of the season.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

We were too predictable. They stopped us playing it out from the back by closing us down. We then knocked it long and that played into the hands of their two giant centre backs. It was all too similar to the beginning of the season.

We've been like this for a number of seasons to be fair. Most of our possession is not in dangerous areas and once we start getting closed down we fall apart.

There's no point in playing a passing game if your players aren't technically very good.