Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    Podmore confirmed.
  • Options
    Cant really comment on how good or bad he is as I've never seen him play, just happy to have another bowler in the team! Real Shame we missed out on morkel expecting him to announce his new club soon !
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Stoinis so happy to sign for Kent he has to show it of. I bet the Kings XI Punjab aren’t happy mind.
  • Options
    Rahul has just hit the fastest 50 in IPL history - 14 balls!!!!

• Options

Rahul has just hit the fastest 50 in IPL history - 14 balls!!!!

Amazing.
  • Options
    Stoinis has just been hit on the side of the knee and is being treated.....................is carrying on but limping nevertheless. Let's hope he's OK.
  • Options
    Finishes with 22 not out off 15 balls. He also bowled one over for 7 in the match.
  • Options
    Not a single post about Billings?
  • Options
    Oh he's out now haha. Curran the hero, I'll bump the Surrey thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Sam. Fantastic match winning innings (56 from 23 balls) for Chennai Super Kings.
  • Options
    Nothing to say, but there is a slurry & two bloody Essex threads on page one.
  • Options
    Difficult to get too excited about Billings doing well in the IPL. I'm pleased for him, but it still feels wrong to have your players playing elsewhere during the county season. Of course it's only CC matches which are affected, rather than any domestic T20 tournament...

Imagine if Fosu or JFC were away playing in a megabucks club tournament elsewhere
  • Options
    Wisden has predicted us to finish 6th this season.

Cant really argue to be fair.
  • Options

Difficult to get too excited about Billings doing well in the IPL. I'm pleased for him, but it still feels wrong to have your players playing elsewhere during the county season. Of course it's only CC matches which are affected, rather than any domestic T20 tournament...

Imagine if Fosu or JFC were away playing in a megabucks club tournament elsewhere

To be fair though, he's earning £100k for a handful of matches on one of world cricket's biggest stages. I don't begrudge cricketers that sort of dosh for a couple month's work, especially those not on central contracts.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

To be fair though, he's earning £100k for a handful of matches on one of world cricket's biggest stages. I don't begrudge cricketers that sort of dosh for a couple month's work, especially those not on central contracts.
    I don't begrudge him that, but imagine if a star Charlton player went off during the football season to play in a megarich tournament in say China, for the Shanghai Superstars, would we be excited if he scored against the Chongqing Chargers while we were struggling away to Rochdale?
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

I don't begrudge him that, but imagine if a star Charlton player went off during the football season to play in a megarich tournament in say China, for the Shanghai Superstars, would we be excited if he scored against the Chongqing Chargers while we were struggling away to Rochdale?
    I'm afraid it's going to be the way of the world from now on. As professional sportsmen cricket has long been the very poor relation to the likes of football for example.

There is also the flip side and that is that we are getting three or four decent overseas players who are choosing to come to us. Equally, would we rather have Billings for half the season as opposed to not at all? And if we say "not at all" who would replace him that might be as good? Rouse? Possibly as good at some point in the 4 day game but not in white ball cricket.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

That's the thing - cricketers earn, at most, if you're Joe Root, just over £20k a week on a central England contract. The average wage in the Prem is £50k. The average wage of a county cricketer is, I think, somewhere between £50-100k a year.

Charlton's highest paid player (who isn't a loanee) is probably on around £6k a week, by comparison - or £300k a year. So in the third division of English football, you're earning more than a top quality cricketer.
  • Options
    It all starts again today, can’t wait.
  • Options
    COME ON KENT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a front line spinner in the squad (unless you call Denly one) - says it all about the conditions.
  • Options
    Cricket season starts tomorrow now.
  • Options
    Tells you how bad conditions are that they are calling it off at 9.00am.
  • Options

Tells you how bad conditions are that they are calling it off at 9.00am.

Surprising for it to rain so much in Canterbury when London has been fairly dry
  • Options
    The drainage at Canterbury can't be that good as they weren't able to start on time today either. It didn't rain in Kent yesterday did it?
  • Options
    Time to move to Beckenham full time.
  • Options
    Play at Canterbury due to start at 1.10
  • Options
    Disappointed to see that Lancashire feel the need to bring in a 43 year old overseas player in addition to Aussie and SA exiles who are both on the wrong side of 30. Yes Chanderpaul will probably do very well but when we look around the county circuit and see so many journeymen (and we aren't totally exempt in this respect) it is a sad reflection and contributor to England's inability to produce Test batsmen.
  • Options
    29-6 .....

When does the cricket season finish ?? Looking forward to it already
  • Options
    Laughing stock.