Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    CHGCHG
    edited March 2018
    I have always been impressed when I have watched Henry in white ball cricket. Will be interesting to see what he offers in all forms over here.
  • Options
    Here we go again, another signing to be announce by Kent. Stoinis or the other new zeland bowler ?? Or could it be duminy ???
  • Options
    ABV
    ANV
    ABV
    ABV
    ABV
    ABV

if only !
  • Options
    Adam Milne is back for the T20s
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Adam Milne is back for the T20s

Well I get it half right! Presumably, though, this means that Stoinis isn't coming?
  • Options
    Shame, I like Stoinis, but you have to be happy with what we’ve done this month.
    Have we ever got 3 overseas in before?
  • Options
    Another new signing about to be announced ! I'm sure you're allowed two overseas for the t20 so could be stoinis ?
  • Options
    Really, what is going on?
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Really, what is going on?

Kent CCC HQ is relocatingto Canterbury New Zealand....
  • Options
    On the edge of my seat here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Marcus Stoinis it is!!! Brilliant!!
  • Options
    Stoinis it is. Well done Kent

Stoinis
    Henry
    Milne and
    Kuhn.

Think we might be in for a good summer.
  • Options
    Definitely going for it in T20 this summer!
  • Options
    So, I suspect that our T20 side will look something like this (*=bowler)

Denly*
    DBD
    Kuhn
    Billings (WK)
    Stoinis*
    Blake
    Stevens*
    Stewart*/Gidman*
    Tredwell*/Riley*/Qayyum*
    Milne*
    Claydon*/Thomas*

Looks a well balanced side with big hitters at 4-7 inclusive. With 7 bowlers we even have the option to switch one of the seamers to have a third spinner.
  • Options
    Good signings. But have I got it right that Milne and Stonis are only for T20's. Kuhn is for first half of the season.
  • Options
    redman said:

Good signings. But have I got it right that Milne and Stonis are only for T20's. Kuhn is for first half of the season.

These days most overseas players only come over for the T20s. Apart from anything else, the T20 blast doesn't clash with any other tournaments or series?
  • Options
    redman said:

Kuhn is with us all summer playing all formats.
    Milne is with us for the first half of the season.

• Options
    Stewart said:

redman said:

Kuhn is with us all summer playing all formats.
    Milne is with us for the first half of the season.

My understanding of the complicated situation is:

Kuhn is all season
    Henry is for the first half of the season
    Milne and Stoinis are here for the T20 Blast
  • Options
    Kent's batting longer stronger than Sussex at the moment. Kent also looking as strong in the bowling department while Archer and Jordan earn bigger money in India. :neutral:
  • Options

Kent's batting longer stronger than Sussex at the moment. Kent also looking as strong in the bowling department while Archer and Jordan earn bigger money in India. :neutral:

Careful now. Overconfidence, especially when it comes to how well overseas players will perform, is always dangerous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Careful now. Overconfidence, especially when it comes to how well overseas players will perform, is always dangerous.
    TMA is a Sussex fan...
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43418048
    Milne is available for the whole Blast, while Stoinis will play the last nine of Kent's 14 group-stage matches.
    I hadn't realised that Stoinis wouldn't be available for all of the Blast which is disappointing, especially if we go through to the knock out stages.
  • Options
    Kent are apparently going to announce that Harry Podmore is signing, Not sure what he will bring apart from another body to add to the squad - he's only 23 but we will be the 5th county he's played for.
  • Options

Kent are apparently going to announce that Harry Potter is signing, Not sure what he will bring apart from another body to add to the squad - he's only 23 but we will be the 5th county he's played for.

He's a wizard with the ball
  • Options
    A little harsh on the assessment. He is a Middlesex academy product who has been on sundry short term loans to 3 other counties. He cannot get a regular game when competing with Finn, Roland-Jones, Murtagh, Franklin, Harris.

Reportedly all 3 of the counties concerned were interested in securing his permanent registration.

He is due to sign a 3yr contract with Kent.

Interestingly the article I read suggested Kent are in discussions to secure further additions.

Another article indicated Billings was responsible for securing the Stoinis addition. Stoinis when playing briefly for Kent II stayed with Billings parents.
  • Options

A little harsh on the assessment. He is a Middlesex academy product who has been on sundry short term loans to 3 other counties. He cannot get a regular game when competing with Finn, Roland-Jones, Murtagh, Franklin, Harris.

Reportedly all 3 of the counties concerned were interested in securing his permanent registration.

He is due to sign a 3yr contract with Kent.

Interestingly the article I read suggested Kent are in discussions to secure further additions.

Another article indicated Billings was responsible for securing the Stoinis addition. Stoinis when playing briefly for Kent II stayed with Billings parents.

That's clearly the answer, get the world's best young players to stay with the Billings!
  • Options
    Denly appointed vice captain and will skipper in Billings' absence at the start of the season. He was probably hoping for a late IPL call up but Hales has been announced as Warner's replacement.
  • Options

Kent are apparently going to announce that Harry Podmore is signing, Not sure what he will bring apart from another body to add to the squad - he's only 23 but we will be the 5th county he's played for.

Is he the son of the legend Dave?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Is he the son of the legend Dave?
    Not unless Harry is fictional too!