Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    Heino Kuhn signs for Kent. South African but not one of the 3 listed above.

I have heard of him, so he can’t be that bad.
  • Options
    Batting averages

• Options
    Stewart said:

Heino Kuhn signs for Kent. South African but not one of the 3 listed above.

I have heard of him, so he can’t be that bad.

He's another wicket keeper batsman - that'll please the likes of Adam Rouse and Ollie Robinson and not the type of player I thought we needed. But he does have a first class average of just under 44 and has played a couple of Tests and ODIS.
  • Options
    Out of the three i mentioned earlier, im still expecting jp duminy to sign. Not sure we've been able to match the wages of other counties for morkel and parnell would come in as overseas, not sure he's too keen on giving up playing for South Africa
  • Options
    Kuhn will be more than capable in the second tier of English cricket. Hope he scores close to the amount of runs SNE did.
  • Options

Out of the three i mentioned earlier, im still expecting jp duminy to sign. Not sure we've been able to match the wages of other counties for morkel and parnell would come in as overseas, not sure he's too keen on giving up playing for South Africa

CHG said:

Kuhn will be more than capable in the second tier of English cricket. Hope he scores close to the amount of runs SNE did.

The way JPD has been batting I'm not sure that he is!
  • Options
    Happy to have some extra depth in our squad. In general though, there's something wrong when players have to choose between international cricket and being a Kolpak, it's really unhealthy for the future of international cricket

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43322192
  • Options
    We could end up with the oldest side ever to play for Kent by May if Denly (34), Claydon (35), Stevens (42), Kuhn (34), Gigman (33) and Tredwell (35) are all in the team.
  • Options
    morning all,
    Cricket enquiry, I live in Dubai, and my cricket team are coming on tour to the UK in the summer, we are going to be located in Greenwich, we are looking for a fixture on 27th July. Location North Kent - South London. The side will be pretty decent standard, but heavy boozers, taking advantage of cheap beer. Any contacts would be grateful
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

morning all,
    Cricket enquiry, I live in Dubai, and my cricket team are coming on tour to the UK in the summer, we are going to be located in Greenwich, we are looking for a fixture on 27th July. Location North Kent - South London. The side will be pretty decent standard, but heavy boozers, taking advantage of cheap beer. Any contacts would be grateful

@Addickted2TheReds surely your lot are the ones to give this a go. The rest of us are a little sub standard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @DubaiCAFC

I'll send an email to the powers that be and get back to you.

I'm at Beckenham CC.
  • Options
    Isn't that a Friday though - might be tough to get a team out.
  • Options
    @DubaiCAFC

Hi mate, that week is our cricket week. We already have a fixture...
  • Options
    Short season.
  • Options
    Rabada has finished the current Test against Australia with the fantastic figures of 11-150. Oh how we could do with him coming back to us. Although he could be banned for the next Test as he has been reported for bumping into Smith in the first innings and giving Warne a send off in the second.

• Options
    So far as overseas are concerned I have heard that we are getting Stoinis for white ball with two NZ quickies doing half of the CC season each.

Having said that, we've had some many names thrown about that we probably really won't know 'til they arrive at Canterbury!
  • Options
    Looks like we are signing someone now!! Kent twitter teasing a signing
  • Options
    Duminy ???
  • Options

Looks like we are signing someone now!! Kent twitter teasing a signing

Katrien as CEO
  • Options
    Think it might be parnell. Just announced recently that South Africa weren't going to offer him a contract. We shall see though. Could be completely wrong !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Can’t belive it! Chris Gayle!
  • Options

Think it might be parnell. Just announced recently that South Africa weren't going to offer him a contract. We shall see though. Could be completely wrong !

Would like it to be Parnell but my info is that it is, for a certain reason specifically, that he won't be signing. But my sources have been known to be completely wrong! So, cryptically, I have ended up posting nothing of any incite. Nothing new there I hear you say.
  • Options

Would like it to be Parnell but my info is that it is, for a certain reason specifically, that he won't be signing. But my sources have been known to be completely wrong! So, cryptically, I have ended up posting nothing of any incite. Nothing new there I hear you say.
    Actually you have posted something to incite curiosity but nothing of insight as to whether or not that curiosity is justified.

How's that (see what I did there) for a vintage piece of Charlton Life pedantry?
  • Options

Well then, who knows who it will be. Just hope it isn't some washed up loan signing from another county
  • Options
    Any more news on this player?
  • Options
    Just seen the tweet. Looks like the signing will be at 16:00.
  • Options
    Matt Henry from New Zealand
  • Options
    Someone did mention about two overseas New Zeland bowlers earlier on in the thread. Ive got no idea what he's like, but always nice to add some bowlers to the team !
  • Options
    Pace like fire, muscles like elastic.
  • Options

Someone did mention about two overseas New Zeland bowlers earlier on in the thread. Ive got no idea what he's like, but always nice to add some bowlers to the team !

That was me. I also mentioned Stoinis for white ball. And I believe that Adam Milne will be returning for the second half of the season to replace Henry.

But I could be wrong!