Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    can they change it to Saturday? 
  • Options
    Play both games on the Sunday as a double header
  • Options
    At The Valley naturally…
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Trying to figure out the permutations of how Charlton can qualify…

It’s one place for the best second place side on ppg. Charlton are on 2.0 ppg, Man City are also on 2.0 ppg and Leicester are on 1.66 ppg.

Charlton have played all their fixtures so will stay on 2.0 ppg.

City & Leicester have to play each other and a draw would be enough to drop both’s ppg below Charlton’s.

A win for Man City takes their ppg above 2.0 and they would qualify.

A win for Leicester would eliminate Man City but would have both Leicester and Charlton level on ppg. Not sure what the next criteria is after that.
  • Options

Trying to figure out the permutations of how Charlton can qualify…

It’s one place for the best second place side on ppg. Charlton are on 2.0 ppg, Man City are also on 2.0 ppg and Leicester are on 1.66 ppg.

Charlton have played all their fixtures so will stay on 2.0 ppg.

City & Leicester have to play each other and a draw would be enough to drop both’s ppg below Charlton’s.

A win for Man City takes their ppg above 2.0 and they would qualify.

A win for Leicester would eliminate Man City but would have both Leicester and Charlton level on ppg. Not sure what the next criteria is after that.
    I think it goes to goal difference next, but I'm not certain of that. Don't forget that draws award 2 points to the winner of a penalty shootout and 1 to the loser, not 1 to both, so a draw with City winning on penalties would put them on 2.0 ppg. If it's the usual goal difference followed by goals scored, I think City go through if they win on penalties, we go through if Leicester win on penalties or win in 90 minutes without completely hammering City. Leicester would need a win by 7 goals to go ahead of us.
  • Options
    when do City/Leicester play?
  • Options
    when do City/Leicester play?
    Leicester v City is on Weds 12th of January, with the quarter finals being on the 19th.
  • Options
    Update on the FA Cup: Plymouth have said that the game on 30 Jan will be at Home Park, rather than their usual much smaller venue. 

Tickets for the 9th of Jan game at home are available online, in the unlikely event that someone is available to go to Crayford on Sunday afternoon but isn't going to the game at the Valley. Don't think we'll be expecting much of a turnout...
  • Options
    For the benefit of anyone near Plymouth, or who just fancies a day out on the 30th, Plymouth are opening just the stand opposite the grandstand, tickets £8 adults, £5 over 65 or under 23, £3 under 18. It's the usual 2pm kickoff. Tickets available from their website, although they're not exactly likely to sell out so should be fine to pay on the day.

Meanwhile, if anyone fancies the trip to Bristol the week before, that game's at the Robins High Performance Centre, west of the city. There are buses from the city centre, or you can get a discount on car parking if you buy online. £7 adults, £5 or less concessions. £3 parking if bought in advance. Tickets here. Like us, they charge more if you pay at the gate.
  • Options
    Forgot to mention: the Bristol game kicks off at 3pm, not 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HT 0-0 today
  • Options
    Finished 0-0. Highlights should surface on FA Player and the club's YouTube channel within the next day or so. Next week we're at home again, against Lewes. 

Looking at the FA Player site, I think our game at Bristol will be the chosen live Championship game that weekend.
  • Options
    Who does not like clean sheets 
  • Options
    Highlights are up on FA Player. Currently I can't log in to it, so other than the final score I have no idea how the game went...
  • Options
    Having seen it on FA Player now, two things strike me. Firstly, although we were well worth a point, that was a fantastic save by Eartha Cumings right at the end to keep us in it. Secondly, the crowd looked better than I expected. We only get the one camera angle , but I'd guess we got perhaps a hundred or so, compared to the usual 300-ish, which isn't bad given the alternative entertainment available at the Valley at the same time. 
  • Options
    For all of you who posted that the women should play with smaller goals.

• Options
    Manchester City have beaten Leicester, so we are out of the League Cup, with the place for the best second-placed team going to Manchester United. If we'd managed a draw against Spurs, that would have been enough even if we'd lost on penalties, so a very creditable performance to get so close. 

Liverpool and Bristol carry the flag of the Championship into the quarter finals.
  • Options
    This afternoon's game against Lewes is being streamed on YouTube. 0-0 at present. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBccocvTJ5w
  • Options
    1-0 Elise Hughes

We are very much on top

lengthy injury break at the moment
  • Options
    Today’s attendance: 243
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thanks Seth, well done the Women
  • Options
    Does anyone know when the postponed away fixture against Liverpool is likely to be played? Can’t see it on the website
  • Options
    A very good team performance today.
  • Options
    Pleased the girls won today as saw the match at the Dripping Pan and Cafc played poorly that day against Lewes.
    Charlton Women are still a work in progress and despite being 6th is disappointing, they are only 2 points behind 2nd place.

• Options
    Pleased the girls won today as saw the match at the Dripping Pan and Cafc played poorly that day against Lewes.
    Charlton Women are still a work in progress and despite being 6th is disappointing, they are only 2 points behind 2nd place.

Quite a few team changes from that game which I attended. The team has a better balance now.
  • Options
    When is the next home game?
    Feb 6th vs Watford 
  • Options
    Does anyone know when the postponed away fixture against Liverpool is likely to be played? Can’t see it on the website
    Neither club's said anything yet. I guess they may be waiting to see how the clubs' FA cup fixtures go, in case 27 February becomes free.
  • Options
    Neither club's said anything yet. I guess they may be waiting to see how the clubs' FA cup fixtures go, in case 27 February becomes free.
    Great thanks, hoping to take my daughter to this, as not too far, but ironically if 27th February will be back in London that weekend
  • Options
    For the benefit of anyone near Plymouth, or who just fancies a day out on the 30th, Plymouth are opening just the stand opposite the grandstand, tickets £8 adults, £5 over 65 or under 23, £3 under 18. It's the usual 2pm kickoff. Tickets available from their website, although they're not exactly likely to sell out so should be fine to pay on the day.

Meanwhile, if anyone fancies the trip to Bristol the week before, that game's at the Robins High Performance Centre, west of the city. There are buses from the city centre, or you can get a discount on car parking if you buy online. £7 adults, £5 or less concessions. £3 parking if bought in advance. Tickets here. Like us, they charge more if you pay at the gate.
    Plymouth's website now says the 30 Jan FA Cup game is a 1pm kick-off, not 2. I guess that means they don't want to put the floodlights on if it goes to penalties.

Next week's Bristol game is 3pm. Having got my ticket online, I'll just pass on that they're print-at-home, so if you don't have access to a printer it's best to pay on the day.