Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Big game Sunday afternoon against Lionesses. 2pm at the usual venue, VCD Athletic in Crayford. They're on a really good run of form at the moment so this one's going to be tough. The game will be on CharltonTV and YouTube for those who can't get there in person.
  • Options
    Really looking forward to it and hope the team are up for it!
  • Options
    Would someone please tell the commentator that he doesn't have to fill every second with jabber.
  • Options
    Great result from the girls 2-0…& Mr TS is in the building…oh n it’s absolutely fookin freezing…🥶🥶
    fair play for attending this afternoon 
  • Options
    Great result making a great weekend 
  • Options
    Great win today, well done ladies and long may it continue.
  • Options
    Not another game for 4 weeks? 
  • Options
    A better team selection and tremendous effort from the whole team. 

A broad smile on Thomas' face after the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:
    Not another game for 4 weeks? 
    FA Cup on 12 December. The previous round is next weekend so I guess the draw is a week Monday. There's 2 weeks off for an international break for the top two leagues while the teams lower down the pyramid get their second round games played.
  • Options
    FA Cup draw is 2pm Monday. 
  • Options
    FA Cup, 12 December, we are away at Gillingham (tier 3) or Actonians (tier 4). Their game yesterday was abandoned with a few minutes to go due to a serious injury, some sources say the result will stand as 2-0 to Gillingham, others that it will be replayed. The official draw named both clubs.

Gillingham play at Rochester United. If it did end up being Actonians, they play at Middlesex FA which is a 3G pitch in a cage in Northolt - I've been to a game there and it was no fun at all.
  • Options
    The FA have confirmed that Gillingham's 2-0 win over Actonians can stand, despite ending slightly early due to injury. So our FA Cup game on 12 December is at Rochester United Sports Ground, which turns out to be in Strood. ME2 3TU for those who need guidance. Looking at Google it doesn't look like there's much parking, but it's at least easy to find.
  • Options
    The FA have confirmed that Gillingham's 2-0 win over Actonians can stand, despite ending slightly early due to injury. So our FA Cup game on 12 December is at Rochester United Sports Ground, which turns out to be in Strood. ME2 3TU for those who need guidance. Looking at Google it doesn't look like there's much parking, but it's at least easy to find.
    There is often parking inside on the field

Otherwise there are plenty of residential roads (Rede Court Road) with no restrictions 

Its only when you get close into Strood where parking restrictions come into play.
  • Options
    FA Cup coming around quickly again after last season’s edition had that delayed finish.

Another run to the quarter final this time around?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Is there a thread on the proposed name change? I saw Mendez’ mention and am flabbergasted at the decision. It’s got to be some form of woke nightmare to drop a generic term widely used in sport for a title achieved through manners.  

I don’t think I’ll be calling JJ’s squad “The Gentlemen’s Team” in the near future.
  • Options
    Is there a thread on the proposed Name Change. I saw Mendez’ mention and am flabbergasted at the decision. It’s got to be some form of woke nightmare to drop a generic term widely used in sport for a title achieved through manners.  
    Not at this stage 
  • Options
    Admin for accuracy please rename the thread Charlton Ladies news, (i saw some unattended shit and thought I better give it a stir)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kick-off on Sunday at Rochester is at 1pm, not the usual 2pm, as the tie gets settled on the day so they need to allow more time before it gets dark. £5 to get in, cash only at the gate.
  • Options
    So we were postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. No word yet on when the rearranged game will be, but assuming there are no lights at Rochester it's got to be likely it will be next Sunday, meaning our trip to Tranmere to play Liverpool will get postponed. But let's see what the FA say.
  • Options
    The game has been rescheduled for 1pm next Sunday, 19 December. That means the Liverpool game is off.

The draw for round 4 is on Monday and if we win our round 3 match the round 4 fixtures are on 30 January. Round 4 features 20 winners from this round and the 12 WSL teams.
  • Options
    The winner of our match with Gillingham has been drawn away at Plymouth. Venue to be confirmed - they played the last round at Saltash, but that may have been a one-off because they were playing Clapton who have a large travelling support.

Before that, we have home league games on 9 and 16 January.
  • Options
    Almost forgot - we have one game left in the league cup (unless we win and there's an unlikely combination of results in other groups to give us the one place in the quarters available to a second placed club). 7.30 on Wednesday, against Watford, at King's Langley FC. Then back to Rochester on Sunday for a second go at playing Gillingham.
  • Options
    Almost forgot - we have one game left in the league cup (unless we win and there's an unlikely combination of results in other groups to give us the one place in the quarters available to a second placed club). 7.30 on Wednesday, against Watford, at King's Langley FC. Then back to Rochester on Sunday for a second go at playing Gillingham.
    The Rochester ground is in Strood and probably a 1pm kick off.
  • Options
    Well this is unexpected. We're still technically in the league cup after tonight's game, because Manchester City have got Covid and their game was postponed.

A solid 5-0 win at Watford wouldn't normally have been enough, as Spurs scraped a narrow win at Coventry, but results in three other groups fell in our favour and we could still go through. The bad news is we need Leicester to beat City, or get a draw and then win on penalties; any sort of win for City and they or United get the qualifying slot for a second-placed team. Leicester winning that game is a pretty remote chance, but one to keep half an eye on when the FA announce a date for the game to be played.
  • Options
    1-0 up at half time and still ahead at 70 mins. Had the ball in the net twice in quick succession, but both ruled out. Come on, Addicks, we want that day out in Plymouth!
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Ends 1-0. Dominant throughout, but fair play to Gillingham keeping themselves in the game all the way. Plymouth away in the next round, keep an eye on Twitter for the actual venue. Meanwhile the next date for your diaries is Sunday 9th Jan when we're at home to Sheffield United.
    Clash with the FA Cup tie against Norwich