Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Karen Hills must be bricking it, look what happened to the last Charlton manager that got 6 at Plymouth. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    66% of play which does not mean a lot.
    But 33 shots and 16 on target and six different scorers does.

0-0 H-T to a 6-0 full time tells you everything about fitness, concentration and ability to play the 90+ minutes.

When the men best Havant 4-0 all the goals came in the last 20 minutes. I assume Havant are part time ? Otherwise it was our superior skill !
  • Options
    Sky sports app reckons our goalie (the on loan from Arsenal Natalia Negri) was wearing the number 8 shirt - is this correct? 
    If so, it’s a bit of an odd one. In the realms of Sweaty Balmer wearing number 1!
    Squad number 1 is Sophie Hillyerd - we started the season with a fairly normal arrangement of two keepers numbered 1 and 13, the oddity being that our first choice keeper prefers 13.
  • Options
    Round 5 in 4 weeks time on 27 February. The draw's due to be done tomorrow evening.
  • Options
    Sky sports app reckons our goalie (the on loan from Arsenal Natalia Negri) was wearing the number 8 shirt - is this correct? 
    If so, it’s a bit of an odd one. In the realms of Sweaty Balmer wearing number 1!
    It's her number on the teamsheet.
  • Options
    In bingo parlance the number 8 is one fat lady 😲.
  • Options
    Notice Thomas has changed his wording when congratulating them on a win

He’s back driving the banter bus

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    it's not (Garden Gate) and what is your point?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Crusty54 said:
    RedChaser said:
    It can be either as 88 is two of them and it’s strange that a keeper would wear that number of course.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Crusty54 said:
    RedChaser said:
    It can be either as 88 is two of them and it’s strange that a keeper would wear that number of course.
    The call is two fat ladies for 88. Garden gate is a single 8. She just took a spare number when she joined. I trust you weren’t trying to imply anything. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    RedChaser said:
    Crusty54 said:
    RedChaser said:
    The call is two fat ladies for 88. Garden gate is a single 8. She just took a spare number when she joined. I trust you weren’t trying to imply anything. 
    Shouldn't that be 2 fat woman?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Crusty54 said:
    RedChaser said:
    Crusty54 said:
    RedChaser said:
    Shouldn't that be 2 fat woman?
    2 fat people with a curvix...... 
  • Options
    And now I feel guilty that I ducked out of driving 3 hours each way for today's big game. 

Looks like Robert Maxwell and a handful of others.
  • Options
    It's Everton at home. That was the match-up when we won the final in 2005, if I remember right. Most likely Sunday 27th at the Oakwood, but if there was ever a fixture to shift to the Valley, this is surely it...

• Options
    It's Everton at home. That was the match-up when we won the final in 2005, if I remember right. Most likely Sunday 27th at the Oakwood, but if there was ever a fixture to shift to the Valley, this is surely it...

Agreed. Be great if they switch this one to SE7
  • Options
    DA7 said:
    Is it being streamed on you tube?
    Not that I'm aware of. Think Plymouth have gone all-out to persuade their fans to turn up at Home Park, rather than give the option to watch at home.
    Attendance 469
  • Options
    When us the next game Oakwood please ?
    This Sunday, v Watford 
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    This month's fixtures:
    Sun 6th home v Watford, 2pm the Oakwood
    Sun 13th away v Coventry, 2pm Coventry Rugby Club
    Sun 20th week off (international week)
    Sun 27th home v Plymouth, FA Cup, cup games are often at 1pm, kick-off currently to be confirmed.
  • Options
    Bring on the Golden Girls 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This month's fixtures:
    Sun 6th home v Watford, 2pm the Oakwood
    Sun 13th away v Coventry, 2pm Coventry Rugby Club
    Sun 20th week off (international week)
    Sun 27th home v Plymouth, FA Cup, cup games are often at 1pm, kick-off currently to be confirmed.
    27th v Everton.
  • Options
    Today's game against Watford is being streamed on the FA Player. You'll need an account but it's free to register.
    https://faplayer.thefa.com/home/womens-championship
  • Options
    Was Rutherford not our best player at the start of the season? Why does she rarely start now?
  • Options
    1-0 up. Superbly placed shot in the 8th minute, albeit given far too much space by Watford. Otherwise the first half hour we've been on top without creating many chances.
  • Options
    1-0 up after 30 mins. Very windy and a bobbly pitch making the conditions difficult.
  • Options
    Watford goalie dithers on the ball, clearance closed down and ball in net! 2-0 33 mins
  • Options
    Good move, Elisha Salola (sp) gets her second. 3-0 40 mins gone
  • Options
    3-0. Really good passing move ending with a well-taken shot. She knew a lot more about her second one than about that charge-down earlier.
  • Options
    Assume only one team gets promoted to WSL. Shame Liverpool are in there.
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Assume only one team gets promoted to WSL. Shame Liverpool are in there.
    Yeah looks like it, used to be two teams

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_FA_Women's_Championship
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_FA_Women's_Championship