Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    There was not a great deal of difference between the sides. offensively we are a bit blunt and that is what needs adressing. Much like the men but the women are closer to where they want to be I suspect.
  • Options
    Attendance announced as 671 which is a big step up from what we'd been getting so far. Whether that's down to the quality of the opposition or to people giving up on watching the men play, I wouldn't want to speculate...
    Liverpool ran coaches for their supporters.
  • Options
    Mystery surrounds the identity of one of the 671 attendees.

• Options
    This coming Sunday is the away game against Liverpool at Prenton Park. Kick-off 2pm, the ground looks like being open from 12.30. Tickets £6.50 adults and £4 concessions from the Liverpool website. I believe there's free parking at Prenton Park for Liverpool Women games, although as I'm not going I haven't checked on that.
    https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/match-ticket-and-free-coach-details-lfc-women-v-charlton
  • Options
    Liverpool are indicating that today's game will be shown on their Youtube channel.
    https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/watch-lfc-women-v-charlton-athletic
  • Options
    I think the great thing is the Women's team know where they need to take the next step and it probably isn't a giant step.
  • Options
    0-0 after 90 minutes, playing 4 minutes of injury time
  • Options
    FT 0-0
  • Options
    Good performance. Defended well and had good chances ourselves. 
  • Options
    yes good performance. the management should have learned a lot about some of the players in these 2 games. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sunday is the Crystal Palace game at The Oakwood. 3.30pm kickoff rather than the usual 2pm. It's our second last home game and there's a month gap before the last one. Looks like it will be on FA Player, which normally means it will be on the various Charlton streams including YouTube.

Remaining fixtures:
    27/3 Crystal Palace (home). NB 3.30pm. 
    3/4 London City Lionesses (away), Princes Park, Dartford, 2pm
    24/4 Blackburn Rovers (away), Bamber Bridge FC, 2pm
    1/5 Durham (home), 2pm. Durham games are normally early kickoffs but this one's at 2 as it's the end of the season.
  • Options
  • Options

90'+ 6 minutes of additional time to play 0-1

• Options
  • Options
    I only caught the final twenty or so minutes and thought we looked really good. In that time, we must have taken 8 corners. Some good attacking play and solid defensively, but not enough unfortunately to make the difference.
  • Options
    Attendance: 266
  • Options
    We had so many chances that we really should have won this. They played so well and so many corners to wrap it up! But why do they not vary the corners? All too predictable after a while. 
  • Options
    Lots of teams of very similar standard in the league this year - if we'd won that game we'd be third rather than seventh. Big game at Dartford next Sunday.
  • Options
    Definately the better team but you can't miss that many chances and expect to win. Probably 15-20 corners but most were the same and predicatable. So many players in the six yard box but when knocked out there was no-one around to knock it straight back in. Poor tactics (under loud instruction from the coaches). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    It is clear that we have issues putting the ball in the back of the net but apart from that are decent. It must be pretty clear what needs addressing in the Summer which is a good thing. Liverpool are too far ahead to be caught by any other side anyway.
  • Options
    The Keeper should be playing for a Super League team
  • Options
    Tomorrow we play Lionesses at Dartford. I'm not aware of it being streamed anywhere, but most of us know where Princes Park is. They're just above us in the table so this is a big one if we want to finish in the top half.

After this, a couple of weeks off before Blackburn away and then Durham at home.
  • Options
    Their form has taken a serious dip recently. Another loss again today 
  • Options
    It is too hard for them to score goals. You don't win when you can't score goals. If they find a solution to that, they could have a successful next season. From the games I have watched, and I have watched a few, I think Mishra is too vocal on the touchline. It is like he is playing the game for the girls and making their decisions for them. I'd gag him.
  • Options
    The final home game of the season has been moved to the Valley. Ticket prices are the same as at the Oakwood, £10 and £5 in advance, slightly more on the day. Women's season tickets will be valid. Normally when they use the Valley they only open the West Lower, and it looks like that's the same this time, judging from the ticket website. 2pm on Sunday 1 May.
  • Options
    Also worth mentioning that season tickets for next season are on sale, £60 adults, £30 over 65 or under 18. That covers the 11 matches of the league season.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    As a Season Ticket holder for the women's team I received a printed ticket yesterday for the Durham game at The Valley. Allocated seat in the Lower West.
  • Options
    3 0 win at Blackburn today, all goals in the first half. Final game next Sunday at the Valley v Durham ko 2pm. 
  • Options
    Today's win at Blackburn guarantees us 7th in the league. Beat Durham at the Valley next week and we're at least 6th and more than likely 5th. Once our season is over, there's one more week of the WSL, which looks like it may go to the last game to settle whether it's Birmingham or Leicester relegated into our division, and on Saturday 21st there's a playoff between Wolves and Southampton to settle who gets promoted from the level below.