Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    May be worth noting that the club's selling spaces in the West Stand car park for this game - £3 plus the usual £1.50 transaction charge. I assume most people who prefer to drive to the Valley already know which street they're going to park on for free, but just in case...
  • Options
    Up to 5th. A ray of Charlton sunshine at last.
  • Options
    Up to 5th. A ray of Charlton sunshine at last.
    Very nice game. Men's team could learn a bit about playing through the thirds and pressing from the women. Just need a bit more cutting edge and power in the squad and I think we can make a good go of it next year.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Yes, those two attributes we need are clear which is a big positive. Ok, we need to address them but knowing what you have to address gives cause for optimism along with the fact that there is a lot right with the squad.
  • Options
    GOLFIE ALERT!!
    😎
  • Options
    what's the result?
  • Options
    what's the result?
    2-1 to the Addicks 🤩
  • Options
    really good afternoon that, throughly enjoyable 
  • Options
    Very enjoyable game. Charlton deserving the win despite going behind. Missed some good chances. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A good crowd. Thomas was there to present the trophy to the under 21s who won their league without losing a game. 10 wins and 2 draws.

Both teams were up for the game but Charlton were the better side. Deserved the win.

Thought the referee was awful. A lot of Durham players were leaving a foot in.
  • Options
    Much better experience at The Valley than usual today. Superb performance from Anna Filbey. Good to see Sandgaard there presenting medals to the u21s as well
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    A good crowd. Thomas was there to present the trophy to the under 21s who won their league without losing a game. 10 wins and 2 draws.

Both teams were up for the game but Charlton were the better side. Deserved the win.

Considering he did Crawley v Orient yesterday, he was terrible, Durham were allowed to get away with a few nasty ones, Ella Rutherford got battered 
  • Options
    Enjoyed the game. My daughter kept reminding me we weren't in the North Stand so I shouldn't shout abuse at the ref but he deserved it. No major decisions wrong but did little about them leaving a foot in a lot. Not sure how Neil Harris got to be the 4th official.
    Robinson deserved her goal. Theirs was a bit flukey but the team responded. 

• Options
    First time I’ve been to see the women’s team play. Enjoyed it. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Crusty54 said:

Considering he did Crawley v Orient yesterday, he was terrible, Durham were allowed to get away with a few nasty ones, Ella Rutherford got battered 
    Proper 1990s defence Durham set out with. Felt like 4 centre backs across the line. That 24 at left back was leaving some completely needless challenges in before she ran out of puff.
  • Options
    Can’t understand why today was not a fill the valley day 
  • Options
    Really enjoyed that. Good game between two decent sides which I thought we deserved to win. Would have been gutting if they'd equalised at the end instead of hitting the woodwork. Cumings had an excellent game, as she usually does, other than being caught wrong-footed for their goal. Robinson got herself into space repeatedly on the wing and was causing them problems all game.

Attendance announces as 710.

The division's going to keep getting tougher as good teams come up and existing teams will probably keep turning full-time, but the way we've progressed this season I'm really optimistic about next year.
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Worth sharing one of the best of Cumings' saves from yesterday, I think. Would have been a very different game if they'd scored this so early on.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I thought the crowd at the Valley was decent until I heard that more than 23,000 watched Newcastle Women’s debut match at St James’s Park. They’re in the 4th tier of women’s football. 
  • Options
    We now know 11 of the 12 teams in the league for next year, as Birmingham City have confirmed relegation from the WSL and will replace Liverpool. A couple of weeks until the team to replace Watford is known. Birmingham have been playing at St Andrew's this season, in case anyone in the Birmingham area fancies going to the away game.
  • Options
    Southampton won today's playoff so we now know the full list of teams for next season:

Birmingham City (relegated)
    Blackburn
    Bristol City 
    Charlton Athletic
    Coventry United
    Crystal Palace
    Durham
    Lewes
    London City Lionesses
    Sheffield United
    Southampton (promoted)
    Sunderland 

Last season, Southampton were mainly based at AFC Totton. They got decent crowds when they played a couple of games at St Marys so they may decide to move; we'll find out nearer the time.
  • Options
    The 2022-23 season for the Women's Championship will be 21 August to 30 April. The WSL will be starting and finishing a few weeks later as their pre-season will be delayed by the women's Euros. Fixtures are due to be released mid July.
  • Options
    Fixtures now due out tomorrow, 8 July. The season is still due to start on 21 August, or possibly Saturday 20th. No pre-season games announced as yet.