Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Fixtures now due out tomorrow, 8 July. The season is still due to start on 21 August, or possibly Saturday 20th. No pre-season games announced as yet.
    Lucky there are no friendlies yet. Not enough players to put out a team at the moment.
  • Options
    The fixture list has been released. The first game is away at Southampton, who play at AFC Totton's ground a bit west of the city proper, on 21 August.

Home fixtures:

Sunday, August 28th: London City Lionesses 
    Sunday, September 18th: Birmingham City 
    Sunday, October 16th: Blackburn Rovers 
    Sunday, October 30th: Bristol City 
    Sunday, December 4th: Sheffield United 
    Sunday, January 22nd: Lewes 
    Sunday, February 5th: Coventry United 
    Sunday, March 5th: Southampton  
    Sunday, March 26th: Sunderland 
    Sunday, April 16th: Durham 
    Sunday, April 30th: Crystal Palace
  • Options
    And here are the aways. Be aware that venues may change; just as we're likely to move one of the home games to the Valley, other clubs may move games to their home grounds.

Sunday, August 21st: Southampton (at AFC Totton)
    Sunday, September 11th: Coventry United (at Coventry rugby ground)
    Sunday, September 25th: Sunderland (at training ground, formerly Eppleton Colliery Welfare)
    Sunday, October 23rd: Lewes (at Lewes FC)
    Sunday, November 6th: Durham (Maidens Castle)
    Sunday, November 20th: Crystal Palace (at Bromley)
    Sunday, January 15th: Blackburn Rovers (at Bamber Bridge)
    Sunday, February 12th: Sheffield United (at Chesterfield)
    Sunday, March 12th: Birmingham City (at St Andrews)
    Sunday, April 2nd: London City Lionesses (at Dartford)
    Sunday, April 23rd: Bristol City (at training ground)
  • Options
    Admin - can the title of this thread be updated to include current season please. 
  • Options
    OK, so it seems we've learned a harsh lesson from last season, that lesson being that you should let Liverpool score if you don't want them to come in and steal your keeper after the end of the season.

I don't think it's fully signed yet, but some Liverpool sources are reporting the move and we currently have no keeper on the squad list on the website. Realistically, Eartha is clearly good enough to play WSL and it was only going to be a matter of time.

Current squad list on this link.

Fortunately, it seems we've secured a top quality replacement, at least for one season. 

• Options
    I saw that loan for Sian Rogers and asked myself where Eartha Cumings was. Eartha has been brilliant and if she moves on to WSL then very best of luck to her but what a loss. However why only a loan now instead of a replacement?

• Options
    Has it been confirmed that Eartha is now in the WSL?
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Has it been confirmed that Eartha is now in the WSL?
    No. A normally-reliable Liverpool journalist included her in a list of 4 players that Liverpool were discussing contractual terms with, but the club haven't announced anything yet. All we know for certain is we've signed a loan player who we surely wouldn't have been able to attract if we weren't able to offer her the first-choice slot.
  • Options
    Shame about Eartha from our point of view but if she has gone into WSL I can't blame her and good luck to her. 
    I note Anna Filbey hasn't signed for us either. Anyone know where she has gone. She will be a big miss as was key to our solid defence last year. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Shame about Eartha from our point of view but if she has gone into WSL I can't blame her and good luck to her. 
    I note Anna Filbey hasn't signed for us either. Anyone know where she has gone. She will be a big miss as was key to our solid defence last year. 
    Anna left in May.
    Yet to see who she has signed for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just looked at the benefits that come with my men's season ticket. Apparently I can get a free ticket to every home game played at The Oakwood by booking at the ticket office. Why should I buy a season ticket for the women's team?
  • Options
    We have a pre-season friendly. 14 August, 2pm, against West Ham at the Oakwood. Tickets in advance £9 or £4, add £2 if buying on the day. 
  • Options
    We had another pre-season friendly, against Rangers in Glasgow, or rather in Cumbernauld at what was once the Clyde FC ground. Not quite sure why the game was there, as Rangers normally play at their training centre which has a perfectly adequate capacity. 

Write-up from a Rangers perspective here. The game doesn't seem to have been mentioned in advance at our end, but some locally-based fans heard about it. 
  • Options
    Charlton beat Rangers with a late goal from a trialist.
  • Options
    FA Cup dates are out. We enter at the third round, on 11 December. If we win, the fourth round is 29 January. The draw for the third round looks like being Monday 28 November.
  • Options
    Charlton Women won 2-0 at Ipswich on Saturday.
  • Options
    Update to the away fixture list: the game at Southampton has been moved to St Mary's rather than AFC Totton.

Revised fixture list for August:
    Sunday, August 14th: West Ham United (home, friendly, kickoff 1pm)
    Sunday, August 21st: Southampton (at St Mary's, 2pm)
    Sunday, August 28th: London City Lionesses (home, 2pm)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Just looked at the benefits that come with my men's season ticket. Apparently I can get a free ticket to every home game played at The Oakwood by booking at the ticket office. Why should I buy a season ticket for the women's team?
    Sorry where does it say that…🤔,I just looked on the site about the girls team & it says one complimentary ticket to A game via season ticket 

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Sorry where does it say that…🤔,I just looked on the site about the girls team & it says one complimentary ticket to A game via season ticket 

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Crusty54 said:

The wording has been changed.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Crusty54 said:

The wording has been changed.
    So the season ticket benefits that was attached with your season ticket card is already redundant.

Never stop, Never change, Charlton 
  • Options
    The second home game of the season, Sunday 18 Sept against Birmingham, has been moved to the Valley. Tickets are the usual £10 or £5 if bought in advance. As usual, only the West Lower will be available. https://www.charltonafc.com/news/charlton-return-valley-september-take-birmingham-city
  • Options
    Update to the away fixture list: the game at Southampton has been moved to St Mary's rather than AFC Totton.

Revised fixture list for August:
    Sunday, August 14th: West Ham United (home, friendly, kickoff 1pm)
    Sunday, August 21st: Southampton (at St Mary's, 2pm)
    Sunday, August 28th: London City Lionesses (home, 2pm)
    The Southampton game seems to be moving around. We're now showing it as Saturday 20th, at 12.30. Southampton are saying the same date, but at 2pm. The FA website has taken it off the list, presumably temporarily. 

Either way, it was going to be my away game for the season and now I won't be able to go. Looks like it'll have to be a day trip to Birmingham in March, instead.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I called Ticket Office and confirmed today all Oakwood games should be free, but not the Valley games, for ST holders.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Southampton away now confirmed as 12.30 on Saturday 20th. Also confirmed that it will be live on FA Player, which usually means our various streaming services will have it too. A nice alternative to whatever's the Sky lunchtime game before the Cambridge match that afternoon, now it's confirmed as not a 2pm kickoff.

Update: Kickoff for the first home game has also been moved, the Lionesses game is now at 4.30 on 28 August, not 2pm. Hopefully this excessive moving of kickoffs to accommodate the FA Player audience will reduce once the WSL gets going on 10 September.
  • Options
    Sunday 14th: due to the weather, kick-off for the West Ham friendly has been moved forward to 11am, not 1pm. Not great news from the point of view of anyone trying to get to watch the game, but it seems reasonable that player safety should come first.