Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Most of the mascots are bigger than the players!
  • Options
    0-2 after 15
    It's on the FA Player but so far a bit dire
  • Options
    Really missing Eartha Cumings
  • Options
    Is there any stream to Charlton tv? I can’t get anything even though I have an annual subscription.
  • Options
    Is there any stream to Charlton tv? I can’t get anything even though I have an annual subscription.
    FA Player. Just requires a signup.
  • Options
    You will have to register and log in to the FA Player
  • Options
    Ok, ta.
  • Options
    Pulled back a goal from the penalty spot : 1-2
  • Options
    Too early to say but keeper looks a big downgrade on 45mins of evidence only.
  • Options
    I notice one of the scorers for the lionesses has the surname Primus. Related to Linvoy? Can’t be a very common name, surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I notice one of the scorers for the lionesses has the surname Primus. Related to Linvoy? Can’t be a very common name, surely?
    Daughter of.
  • Options
    Yes, she's his daughter. Plays internationally for Jamaica.
  • Options
    Thanks both. 👍🏼
  • Options
    Gone backwards based on what I am watching.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Attendance: 553
  • Options
    Gone backwards based on what I am watching.
    Charltonised 
  • Options
    Lionesses are a good side. We were pretty lucky to win the equivalent match last season. Having said which, Lionesses are exactly the sort of team who you have to be able to beat if you're serious about mixing it at the top.
  • Options
    A few in the side not physically up to it. Look like schoolgirls. We had a great keeper last year, we don't this. A few can't even get any power in clearances. No way this team are going to challenge.
  • Options
    Crowd announced as 553. That's about double what we were typically getting last season. Thank you (England) Lionesses.
  • Options
    Decent game, losing 4-3 but have to say the better team won. Having come from 2-0 down to get level at 2-2 it was ironic that London City retook the lead just as Charlton had their best spell and got on top. After that London City got back on top. They looked a much better drilled side and their pattern of play was clearer in what they were trying to achieve. Still an enjoyable afternoon and game 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    redman said:
    Holders of “men’s” season tickets. Surely you mean adults??
    No it means holders of season tickets for the men's team. This presumably applies whether it be adult, senior or child

Dont know if they have rectified it but the free ticket  does not work if you select senior.  If you have an over 65 ticket then select Adult,  that worked for me.

Sorry I did not see you at the game today.
  • Options
    We never beat Millwall even if it's not really Millwall
  • Options
    A few in the side not physically up to it. Look like schoolgirls. We had a great keeper last year, we don't this. A few can't even get any power in clearances. No way this team are going to challenge.
    They are playing with an awful ball developed for the Womens Championship. It appeared to be like kicking a rice pudding. If was drifting in the wind.

There are 2 decent keepers at the club now. The first goal was a well placed shot.
  • Options
    London City Lionesses have never been linked to Millwall. Completely new professional club.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    London City Lionesses have never been linked to Millwall. Completely new professional club.
    Sigh.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    I don't think that's true. They were a breakaway club from Millwall Lionesses. Seems a strange name to have chosen as they play at Dartford. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Crusty54 said:
    I don't think that's true. They were a breakaway club from Millwall Lionesses. Seems a strange name to have chosen as they play at Dartford. 
    It is true. Started from scratch. Millwall Lionesses still exist.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    redman said:
    Crusty54 said:
    They're a new club, but they started with the entire first team squad that had been playing for Millwall in the Championship, and I think most or all of the development side as well. They also inherited Millwall's place in the league, rather than having to start again at the bottom. Hardly starting from scratch. Millwall created a new senior team from one of their kids' teams. No doubt that Lionesses are a new club, but there's a definite link. Not completely unlike how both AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons have some form of connection to the old Wimbledon, while being entirely separate clubs (although I don't think Millwall and Lionesses replicate the level of mutual hatred of those two!)
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    redman said:
    Crusty54 said:
    They're a new club, but they started with the entire first team squad that had been playing for Millwall in the Championship, and I think most or all of the development side as well. They also inherited Millwall's place in the league, rather than having to start again at the bottom. Hardly starting from scratch. Millwall created a new senior team from one of their kids' teams. No doubt that Lionesses are a new club, but there's a definite link. Not completely unlike how both AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons have some form of connection to the old Wimbledon, while being entirely separate clubs (although I don't think Millwall and Lionesses replicate the level of mutual hatred of those two!)
    They took 5 players from Charlton when formed.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    redman said:
    Crusty54 said:
    Bit like Charlton and Croydon