Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Attendance: 269. Lowest home gate of the season..

553 v London City Lionesses 
    446 v Birmingham 
    There was a problem with the card reader on the turnstile which delayed those paying. Some season ticket holders were allowed to bypass the turnstile. My feeling was that the crowd was larger.
  • Options
    Good game. Did well to back from 2-0 down but fully deserved. In fact were the better side early on but Blackburn scored while Charlton were temporarily down to 10. Simpkins penalty and Johnson tap in after a scramble from a corner. I wonder how much the attendance was affected by a 12pm kick off? 
    Also should have had a penalty early on which ref went to signal for but lineswoman flagged for a very dubious offside. 
  • Options
    Anyone know if today's game at Lewes is being streamed anywhere? 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Anyone know if today's game at Lewes is being streamed anywhere? 
    As far as I'm aware Lewes don't normally stream their home games unless they're on the FA Player. Our next away game on that is due to be the Palace game on 20 November.
  • Options
    HT 1-1
  • Options
    FT lost 2-1
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    FT lost 2-1
    Annoying. Hoped for at least a point at Lewes.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Another goal given away from a poor back pass which led to a corner. Followed by lots of mistakes and poor passes. Hoofing the ball up the middle was never going to work. Only Anderson and Henson seemed to be interested. 

Perhaps a Garner moment is needed and we see a new formation at The Oakwood next Sunday.
  • Options
    I think they will get better but strugle a bit against more physical opponents. They might benefit from a couple of physically sytong players in the short term at least.
  • Options
    Bristol City at the Oakwood tomorrow, kickoff 2pm. This is likely to be a tough one; they're top of the division by a fair distance even at this early stage. https://www.charltonafc.com/news/match-preview-charlton-v-bristol-city
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent game, we had a few chances but Bristol City stronger all round team. 
  • Options
    Only 1 home league game now before 22nd January, 3 months! Never going to build a following with this of stupid fixture lisr 
  • Options
    What was the result!

• Options
    ross1 said:
    What was the result!

Found it 0-2
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    What was the result!

Jim Davidson’s fav gag. Charlton nil

Bristol City 2
  • Options
    Crowd announced as 349. Better than we were getting last year, but not as big an increase as some other clubs have managed. Bristol brought a supporters' coach, look like about 20-30 people cheering when the goals went in.

If there are any Addicks up in the North East who fancy going to the away game at Durham next Sunday, it's at the university sports place at Maiden Castle and kickoff is 12 noon. Postcode DS1 3SE.
  • Options
    redman said:
    Only 1 home league game now before 22nd January, 3 months! Never going to build a following with this of stupid fixture lisr 
    There are 2 Continental Cup home fixtures

27th November v Bristol City
    18th December v Crystal Palace
  • Options
    redman said:
    Decent game, we had a few chances but Bristol City stronger all round team. 
    I watched the 2nd half on the stream.

Bristol City seemed more composed on the ball, didn't give away possession so cheaply and tracked back really well.
    Good all round team performance.

Charlton did seem a bit more fragmented and rushed; too often touch let them down and gave away possession.
    Attacking approaching the box, movement was limited and the final ball was invariably a let down - in the 2nd half that I watched, we didn't seem to be able to create a clear cut chance.

Okay, we were playing a decent side in League leaders Bristol City - but nevertheless the disjointed performance was disappointing.
    Maybe just a poor day at the office? In the past, I've watched this Womens' team play a lot better.

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    redman said:
    There are 2 Continental Cup home fixtures

27th November v Bristol City
    18th December v Crystal Palace
    There will also be a 3rd round FA Cup tie on 11th December which may be at home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    November fixtures:

6 Nov: Durham, away, 12 noon. At Durham WFC, Maiden Castle. £7 adult, £5 student, £3 under-16.
    13 Nov: week off
    20 Nov: Crystal Palace, away, 2pm. At Selhurst, not Bromley. £10 adult, £5 over-65, free under-16 if booked in advance.
    27 Nov: Bristol City, HOME, 2pm, Continental Cup. 

The Conti Cup game has reduced admission prices of £6, or £3 concessions. Also the website says that women's season tickets will be valid for the game, which hasn't been the case in previous seasons, and that men's season ticket holders can use the normal method to get a free ticket.
  • Options
    I suggested free entry to the Continental Cup games for Season Ticket Holders to the club. They got League agreement.
  • Options
    A decent 2-1 away win at Durham today. I've only seen the twitter feed about the game so don't really know how we played. 611 in the crowd, according to the Durham website.

Next week is an international weekend so nothing happening at our level. It's FA Cup first round day for the clubs one step below us. 

The game at Selhurst in two weeks' time is the FA Player game for that weekend, if you don't fancy going. 
  • Options
    An interesting read. I've seen 2 ACL injuries at games this season.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63636201

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    An interesting read. I've seen 2 ACL injuries at games this season.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63636201

can well believe it's true and the FA should be doing much more research on this. Although a headline "balls made for men an injury risk to women footballers" makes the mind boggle!
  • Options
    does anyone know if today's game is being streamed? 
  • Options
    redman said:
    does anyone know if today's game is being streamed? 
    Take a look at the Charlton TV link & then " What can I watch ? ".

As far as I'm able to interpret the table there it would appear the answer is in the affirmative....

But then it could be that " the club has a lack of resources this season "& hence is unable to do so as with last week's FA Youth Cup match.

Should that be the case, may I respectfully suggest that you email the club accordingly as I did.

Hope that helps ! 
  • Options
    Found it on FA player. 2 0 up at half time. 
  • Options
    2 1. Always good to beat Palarse bhy any of our teams 
  • Options
    Good to see Bruton back on the pitch. Calmed things down in the final stages.