Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Anyone intending to watch tomorrow's game, remember it's an 11.30 kick-off. According to Sunderland's match preview, the game will be streamed on their Twitter account, handle SAFCWomen. There's also a free online programme which is available already.

• Options
    thanks SA, wouldn't have picked this up otherwise. 
  • Options
    Very poor goal to concede. Need to play Ayisi higher up and tell her to run at them IMO.
  • Options
    Good win in the end
  • Options
    Very good game. Came from behind twice to win 3-2. Definitely the better side second half. Wish our men showed as much spirit and character. 
    Muttley, agree with comment about Ayisi and she did second half to some extent. 

• Options
    edited September 2022
    I don't think she fully knows her strength. She gets into the position and tries to pass it whereas defenders lack her strength so she ought to just try taking it as close to the goal as she can under her own steam a few times. I thought Addison was a bit quiet until the end as she was terrific against Birmingham, but she became that player again. The centre half who got sent off fouling her was a complete donkey btw.

The negative was both goals conceded were a bit soft.
  • Options
    Ella Rutherford was given a second yellow and sent off sitting on the bench. Presumably for going on the pitch to be with the team after the winning goal.

Why can Charlton Women get corners in just the right spot and the men can't?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Crusty54 said:
    Ella Rutherford was given a second yellow and sent off sitting on the bench. Presumably for going on the pitch to be with the team after the winning goal.

Seems rather ridiculous. Several of the subs were in the embrace and it was only about a metre or 2 in from the touchline. 
    In fact looking at the replay of the goal I saw 2 other subs join in the on pitch celebration but not Rutherford, although she may have joined after the clip ended.
  • Options
    redman said:
    Crusty54 said:

Seems rather ridiculous. Several of the subs were in the embrace and it was only about a metre or 2 in from the touchline. 
    In fact looking at the replay of the goal I saw 2 other subs join in the on pitch celebration but not Rutherford, although she may have joined after the clip ended.
    I think the reason may have been that she was not wearing a tracksuit top whereas the other subs were.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes that's why I missed her. Still seems ridiculous 
  • Options
    October fixtures:

2 Oct: Lewes, away, 2pm. At Lewes FC. This is a League Cup game.
    9 Oct: week off
    16 Oct: Blackburn Rovers, HOME, 2pm. NB This is at the Valley, not the Oakwood. 
    23 Oct: Lewes, away, 2pm. At Lewes FC. This is the Championship fixture.
    30 Oct: Bristol City, HOME, 2pm. 

Tickets for this game at the Valley are the same price as tickets for the Oakwood, £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18. All seats are in the lower West stand again.

Two trips to Lewes this month. That's a highly-recommended away trip; not too far, a quirky ground very close to the local station and decent food. Plus they're a very friendly club, although that's true of almost everyone in the women's game.

I can't remember if this has been mentioned already, but we enter the FA Cup in round 3 on 11 December. I think the draw's on Monday 28 November. WSL clubs don't enter until the following round.

If you can't bear to be without a women's game on the 9th, or you just fancy a bit nostalgia, Gillingham have moved into our old home at Sporting Club Thamesmead and have a home game that day.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    The game on 2nd October is a 4pm kick off according to their website but the ticket says 2pm. 

Best steak pies at any ground and the beer is really good.
  • Options
    The game against Blackburn Rovers on 18th October will now be played at The Oakwood (rather than The Valley). Either noon or 2pm kick off depending on whether you believe Twitter or the website.

• Options
    Can make The Valley but not the Oakwood for the Blackburn game. The club rang and asked if I wanted a refund - because they've moved the bloody location - so I said yes. Found they've refunded the tickets but not the transaction fee. Going to enjoy quibbling over that. Stupid club.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    The game on 2nd October is a 4pm kick off according to their website but the ticket says 2pm. 

Best steak pies at any ground and the beer is really good.
    Lewes vs Charlton Athletic – Lewes Community Football Club (lewesfc.com)
    2PM on website too
  • Options
    OK, let's try this again:
    October fixtures:

2 Oct: Lewes, away, 2pm. At Lewes FC. This is a League Cup game.
    9 Oct: week off
    16 Oct: Blackburn Rovers, HOME, 12 noon. Note early kickoff. Now back at the Oakwood. 
    23 Oct: Lewes, away, 2pm. At Lewes FC. This is the Championship fixture.
    30 Oct: Bristol City, HOME, 2pm. 

Lewes' website isn't always up to date, in my experience, but their social media feed is reliable.
  • Options
    Noon kick off! Who chosses these stupid times? 
  • Options
    Engineering works on Sunday mean that it's buses between Three Bridges and Lewes.
  • Options
    The 20 November away game at Palace has been moved to Selhurst rather than Bromley as originally advertised. 

Meanwhile the 18 December league cup game at home to Palace is showing as a noon kickoff on the ticket website, but as the usual 2pm on the fixture list, the FA website and Palace's website. So probably a 2pm kickoff, but last time the main website and the ticket site disagreed it was the ticket site that was right, so who knows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're back after the international break, which led to disappointment for Scotland and Wales, but a huge achievement for Ireland.

Back to the league, we play Blackburn at the Oakwood at noon on Sunday. £8 in advance, £10 on the day, concessions £4 less. There's a special offer of £1 entry for kids accompanied by a paying adult if the child turns up in the kit of their grassroots club (not a Charlton shirt). 

Although this was originally going to be a Valley game, men's season ticket holders can follow the usual procedure to get a free ticket for an Oakwood game.
  • Options
    The 20 November away game at Palace has been moved to Selhurst rather than Bromley as originally advertised. 

Meanwhile the 18 December league cup game at home to Palace is showing as a noon kickoff on the ticket website, but as the usual 2pm on the fixture list, the FA website and Palace's website. So probably a 2pm kickoff, but last time the main website and the ticket site disagreed it was the ticket site that was right, so who knows.
    Why the downgrade?
  • Options
    2-0 down. A couple of very well-taken goals, to be fair. It's live on the FA Player if you want to watch. Free, but you need to register an account.
  • Options
    1-2 now with 25 left to play.  All us at the moment
  • Options
    2-2

tapped in by Ayisi maybe.  Deserved though tbf 
  • Options
    Rutherford is on for the last 10

she has a glorious left foot on her.  Hopefully she can make the difference 
  • Options
    Good game, though Blackburn were very physical. Ref let quite a bit go, especially first half. 
  • Options
    Surprised how Farah Crompton, the No. 7 for Blackburn didn't get booked (or better still sent off). Foot left in at almost every opportunity.
  • Options
    Attendance: 269. Lowest home gate of the season..

553 v London City Lionesses 
    446 v Birmingham