Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Family offer for Sunday's game. 2 adults and 2 under 11s for £20.
  • Options
    Is there anyone here that would like a season ticket and is in a position to make use of it? I want to support the team, and I watch on the livestream when available, but being overseas means I can't attend. If you can and would, send me a dm.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    The club's helpful guide says that the west stand car park will be open from 12.30 for the game. On the off-chance that there's a huge crowd and it gets full, it's worth noting that there are no police restrictions for women's games and residents' parking doesn't apply on Sundays, so you should be able to park in Floyd Road. Saves the long walk from my usual Saturday parking place.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    The club's helpful guide says that the west stand car park will be open from 12.30 for the game. On the off-chance that there's a huge crowd and it gets full, it's worth noting that there are no police restrictions for women's games and residents' parking doesn't apply on Sundays, so you should be able to park in Floyd Road. Saves the long walk from my usual Saturday parking place.
    Thanks, hadn't realised we could use the club car park or surrounding areas
  • Options
    Unlucky not to hold out for all three points this afternoon, but such is our fate these days! 
  • Options
    Was a tremendous game of football and good afternoon's entertainment. Draw probably a fair result but frustrating for them to equalise so late. Certainly think the women look stronger than last year. 
  • Options
    Agree with above, but we had a few good chances to go 2/3 ahead. Good game.
  • Options
    The defence looked a bit suspect at times and I'd prefer not to be quite so dependent on the keeper, excellent though she is. We need to play a few more games before we can really see where we are relative to the other teams in the league, but there were a lot of positives and it felt like a big crowd compared to previous games at the Valley (does anyone know what the crowd was? I didn't hear it announced).
  • Options
    Next few games:
    2 Sep (Saturday): Reading, away. 5.15pm. At Select Car Leasing Stadium, Reading FC. £12 adult, £8 over-65 or under-25, £6 u-18, £4 u-12. Tickets from here.
    10 Sep: Watford, HOME, 2pm. At The Valley. £11 adult, £6 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    17 Sep: Birmingham City, away. 2pm. At St Andrew's, Birmingham City FC. £8 adult, £5 over-65 or under-23, £2 u-16. Tickets from here when on sale (not yet).
    24 Sep: international break (England play Scotland at Sunderland on 22nd and Netherlands away on 26th)

I don't imagine there will be many of us at Reading due to it not being possible to get there after the mens' game. It will be on the FA player for those who get home in time. For those of us who will be in & around Reading on the day, you can get a car park ticket for £5 when buying online. Pick the option to get an eticket to your Google or Apple wallet.
  • Options
    Conti Cup (league cup) midweek fixtures:

10 Oct West Ham away, at Dagenham & Redbridge, 7.30
    22 Nov Birmingham City at The Oakwood, 7pm 
    24 Jan Brighton at The Oakwood, 7pm 

In the event of Arsenal not reaching the group stage in Europe, they'd be added at random to one of the three southern groups. If that was our group, I think the extra fixture would be in December (but may well be wrong).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The defence looked a bit suspect at times and I'd prefer not to be quite so dependent on the keeper, excellent though she is. We need to play a few more games before we can really see where we are relative to the other teams in the league, but there were a lot of positives and it felt like a big crowd compared to previous games at the Valley (does anyone know what the crowd was? I didn't hear it announced).
    A record since turning professional.
     I’m definitely coming over for a few games once I renew my passport 👍🏼
  • Options
    Highlights of the Sheffield game are up on the women's team YouTube site. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW3v87FJQVA
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I was going to Reading on Saturday until I discovered that there will be no Elizabeth line trains after 7pm frrom Reading towards London because of strike action.
  • Options
    Not too bad a turnout in the end. At a guess maybe 30 or so were applauding during our substitutions. The game was worrying though. Lots of possession, especially after the sending off, lots of half chances, but either no-one on the end of it or a tame shot from distance. Sian Rogers saved a point at the end. I'm concerned. 
  • Options
    Not too bad a turnout in the end. At a guess maybe 30 or so were applauding during our substitutions. The game was worrying though. Lots of possession, especially after the sending off, lots of half chances, but either no-one on the end of it or a tame shot from distance. Sian Rogers saved a point at the end. I'm concerned. 
    Concerned that we haven’t got a finisher?
    Or concerned that we don’t have enough all round?
  • Options
    Watched the entire second half on FA Player.

God we were dire up top, no cutting edge whatsoever against the 10 of Reading, we pressed high and passed relatively well, but there was no impetus to our play once we got to the box, no-one wanted to shoot from the looks of it. 

Hope they find their shooting boots ASAP!
  • Options
    Concerned that we haven’t got a finisher?
    Or concerned that we don’t have enough all round?
    Specifically the goal-scoring. I thought the defence actually looked more solid this week than last Sunday, and we've looked pretty good in midfield in both games. It's not just the finishing, we're creating half-chances rather than gilt-edged ones. Our one goal so far was from a misplaced defensive pass. Hopefully things will click into place soon; there's clearly a lot of ability in the squad and we know we have a good manager & coaching team. 
  • Options
    Reading highlights are up. The match description says "the Addicks continued their unbeaten run", which is a statement I can't argue with. We definitely weren't beaten.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkxeiYAstQw
  • Options
    Next few games:
    10 Sep: Watford, HOME, 2pm. At The Valley. £11 adult, £6 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    17 Sep: Birmingham City, away. 2pm. At St Andrew's, Birmingham City FC. £8 adult, £5 over-65 or under-23, £2 u-16. Tickets from here.
    24 Sep: international break (England play Scotland at Sunderland on 22nd and Netherlands away on 26th).
    1 Oct: London City Lionesses, away. 2pm. At Princes Park, Dartford FC. £11 adult, £7 concessions. Tickets from here.

Tickets for ST holders to get into the Valley on Sunday should already have arrived. After this we're back at the Oakwood for the next one.

For the Birmingham game, note their website gives dire warnings about being ejected if you try to sit anywhere other than the Upper 1 block. Last season, they said something similar but in the end didn't open the away section and it was just sit anywhere. Probably safest to buy in the specified block, though. It's the bit in the red box below. TBH, much of the lower section has a crap view due to the dugouts being in the way, so I'm not sure why anyone would choose to sit there. Good public transport links and easy on-street parking near the ground; if you're within range it's a good one to go for.

After the international break it's the short trip to Dartford, which will feel like a home game to anyone who watches the under 21s.

Advance notice - the away game at Blackburn Rovers on 15 Oct has been moved to Ewood Park. 
  • Options
    Watford at the Valley at 2pm tomorrow. Hopefully this is where we ignite our season properly.

Arsenal are out of Europe, which means they will be added at random to one of the three southern groups in the league cup. If that happens to be our group, disregard the announced cup fixtures as there's likely to be a big reshuffle and one or two of the three games may move to currently-blank dates to make room.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two ex Charlton players in the Watford team. Harley Bennett and Corinne Henson.
  • Options
    2-3 with 10 mins left after being 3-0 down at HT
  • Options
    First half was dreadful. The worst I have seen them play, certainly since turning professional. Second half totally different attitude, got 2 goals and created enough chances to win it let alone draw. Frustrating 
  • Options
    In the first half watching the play dreadfully football, I wondered had they been coached by the men's team coaches. They made all tge same mistakes the men do.
    To be honest Watford were not much better.
    Sorry to day  not a good advert.
  • Options
    Corinne Henson had a very good defensive game for Watford. Proved she should not have been released. The other former player, Harley Bennett, should have been yellow carded twice.

Bringing on Freda Ayisi and Elisha N'Dow improved things and proved that the original team selection was wrong.

Unfortunately N'Dow was on crutches after the game.
  • Options
    Next few games:
    17 Sep: Birmingham City, away. 2pm. At St Andrew's, Birmingham City FC. £8 adult, £5 over-65 or under-23, £2 u-16. Tickets from here.
    24 Sep: international break (England play Scotland at Sunderland on 22nd and Netherlands away on 26th).
    1 Oct: London City Lionesses, away. 2pm. At Princes Park, Dartford FC. £11 adult, £7 concessions. Tickets from here.
    8 Oct: Durham, HOME, 12 noon. At The Oakwood. £11 adult, £6 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    11 Oct: West Ham United, away. 7.30pm. At the Chigwell Construction Stadium, Dagenham & Redbridge FC. Prices not yet announced.

As usual, the Durham game will be an early kickoff at noon, as will our game at their place in March. Last season games at the Oakwood were slightly cheaper than at the Valley, but I haven't seen anything to say that applies this year. Tickets aren't on sale for that game yet.

The league cup fixtures aren't 100% confirmed until we're sure Arsenal aren't in our group, but the West Ham game is probably 90% likely to be the right fixture. Don't expect tickets to go on sale until it's fully certain.
  • Options
    Arsenal are safely placed into another group, so West Ham away at Dagenham is on. We just need to wait for them to work out what they're going to charge for tickets. 
  • Options
    Games at the Oakwood are going to be cheaper than those at the Valley. Tickets for the Durham match on 8 Oct are now on sale. 

1 Oct: London City Lionesses, away. 2pm. At Princes Park, Dartford FC. £11 adult, £7 concessions. Tickets from here.
    8 Oct: Durham, HOME, 12 noon. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    11 Oct: West Ham United, away. 7.30pm. At the Chigwell Construction Stadium, Dagenham & Redbridge FC. Prices not yet announced.
  • Options
    Looks like today’s match is live on Blues TV YouTube channel.