Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Hex said:
    Looks like today’s match is live on Blues TV YouTube channel.
    Wish I’d seen this. Tried FA Player and CharltonTV and gave up. Looks like a needed win though!
  • Options
    I watched on my mobile. Good penalty and held out for the win.

Former player Lily Agg could have scored from the penalty area but passed to another player who let the ball run out of play.
  • Options
    24 Sep: international break (England play Scotland at Sunderland on 22nd and Netherlands away on 26th).
    1 Oct: London City Lionesses, away. 2pm. At Princes Park, Dartford FC. £11 adult, £7 concessions. Tickets from here.
    8 Oct: Durham, HOME, 12 noon. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    11 Oct: West Ham United, away. 7.30pm. At the Chigwell Construction Stadium, Dagenham & Redbridge FC. Prices not yet announced.
    15 Oct: Blackburn Rovers, away. 2pm. At Ewood Park. £8 adult, £6 over-65, £4 under-18, £2 under-12. Tickets from here.

The Blackburn ticket website currently says the 15 October game is at the Lancashire FA ground, while all other sources are saying Ewood Park. The price seems to be the same either way. Assuming it's at Ewood Park, it's the lower part of the Jack Walker Stand.
  • Options
    Highlights of the Birmingham game are up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ7Y_toyqzc
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    RIP Maddy Cusack. Only three weeks ago she was playing at the Valley for Sheffield United.
  • Options
    RIP Maddy Cusack. Only three weeks ago she was playing at the Valley for Sheffield United.
    RIP very sad for one so young.
  • Options
    Thats so sad. RIP.
  • Options
    Tickets for West Ham away have gone on sale. Buying in advance requires signing up to the West Ham ticketing system, which is a faff compared to most clubs I've had to do that with. This may be one to just pay on the night, given that they're not going to sell out. They're selling tickets in all the seated areas, which is 2 sides of the ground. No indication whether there will be standing places available. There's no mention of segregation, but if you want to sit in the bit of the ground where we'd sit for a Dagenham game, that's the SD Samuels stand, seat numbers higher than 70. 

Our website is still saying the Blackburn game is at Ewood Park, but Blackburn are saying it's moved back to Leyland. Their ticket site seems to have paused selling, which may be a glitch or may mean the previously-advertised prices aren't right. 

Meanwhile for the Palace game there's a ticket offer called a "family bundle" which is 2 adults & 2 under-18s for £20. I can't see it offered online, unless it just offers you a discount when you check out, but the website says you can phone the ticket office. That's less than the cost of 2 adults with no kids and a handy saving compared to 2 with 1 kid. Nothing to say the under-18s need to be related to the adults. There's a similarly discounted deal for the Durham game, priced at £15. 

1 Oct: London City Lionesses, away. 2pm. At Princes Park, Dartford FC. £11 adult, £7 concessions. Tickets from here.
    8 Oct: Durham, HOME, 12 noon. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    11 Oct: West Ham United, away. 7.30pm. At the Chigwell Construction Stadium, Dagenham & Redbridge FC. £6 adult, £4 over-66 or under-21, £2 under-18. Tickets from here.
    15 Oct: Blackburn Rovers, away. 2pm. At the Lancashire FA ground, Leyland. £8 adult, £6 over-65, £4 under-18, £2 under-12. Tickets from here.
    22 Oct: Crystal Palace, HOME. 2pm. At The Valley. £11 adult, £4 over-65 or under-21, £2 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
  • Options
    I don't normally plug under-21 women's matches, but in case anyone's interested in county cups, the women have entered the Capital Cup, their equivalent of the London Senior Cup that the men's under-21s enter. We have a bye to the round of 16, which is on 21 January and we'll be away at AFC Wimbledon. Kickoff 2pm. They are at tier 4 and this season normally play at Plough Lane, although they do sometimes switch to Carshalton Athletic.
  • Options
    Just a reminder that our game at Princes Park is being shown live on FA Player. I was unable to watch the last game despite being logged on. Apparently this is a known fault but their tech guys failed to come up with a solution. I now have a new email address so I managed to create a new account. It now works so looking forward to tomorrow. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    8 Oct: Durham, HOME, 12 noon. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    11 Oct: West Ham United, away. 7.30pm. At the Chigwell Construction Stadium, Dagenham & Redbridge FC. £6 adult, £4 over-66 or under-21, £2 under-18. Tickets from here.
    15 Oct: Blackburn Rovers, away. 2pm. At the Lancashire FA ground, Leyland. £8 adult, £6 over-65, £4 under-18, £2 under-12. Tickets from here.
    22 Oct: Crystal Palace, HOME. 2pm. At The Valley. £11 adult, £4 over-65 or under-21, £2 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    29 Oct: week off (international break). England play Belgium at Leicester Friday 27th, then Belgium away Tues 31st.
    3 Nov: Lewes away. 7.30pm Friday. At The Dripping Pan. £12 adult, £8 concessions. Under-16 free but must be accompanied by an adult. Tickets from here.

Reminder that the Durham game on Sunday is a noon kickoff, as usual to let their players and fans get home at a more sensible time.

The Lewes game has been brought forward to the Friday night to avoid clashing with the famous bonfire celebrations. I know I say this every year, but if you only ever go to one women's away game, that's the one to aim for. The ground plays up to every stereotype of a non-league ground you've ever come across, and the food and beer offerings are great too.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    1-1 today against Durham
    Charlton equalises with a penalty in the 99th minute
  • Options
    Slightly disappointing start considering how good our transfer business looked. Hills has been tinkering more than I'm comfortable with and it does feel like it's affected the team's fluency. We're still right up there but we could do with putting a run together
  • Options
    Tomorrow night we're away at West Ham in the league cup. It's a league format, 4 team group, 3 points for a win. Drawn games go to penalties to decide who gets 2 points and who gets 1. The group winner goes through along with the best second place on points per game, but that extra place almost always goes to one of the 5-team groups so with 2 WSL sides in our group qualification would be a bit of a challenge.

A rare opportunity to see Charlton play at Dagenham & Redbridge's ground, where the men have only played a couple of times.
  • Options
    Took the lead at West Ham but ended up losing 2-1. Not a bad result at all against WSL opposition.

Next up is Blackburn away, which is played in Leyland wherever that is. Not aware of it being streamed anywhere, but if anyone hears of anything do let us know. I would expect highlights to pop up on FA Player at some point, but we aren't this week's live game.
  • Options
    29 Oct: week off (international break). England play Belgium at Leicester Friday 27th, then Belgium away Tues 31st.
    3 Nov: Lewes, away. 7.30pm Friday. At The Dripping Pan. £12 adult, £8 concessions. Under-16 free but must be accompanied by an adult. Tickets from here.
    12 Nov: Southampton, away. 2pm. At St Mary's. £9 adult, £3 under-18. Not on sale yet - due to be available from 23/10.
  • Options
    The Lewes game will be live on FA Player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Charlton win 1-0 at Blackburn. Green penalty.
    Means we leapfrog them in the table
  • Options
    The Club 1905 Lounge is also open for the fixture. Only £10 extra if you have a ticket.
  • Options
    Tickets are free for season ticket holders (for C.Palace match)
  • Options
    Tough game, they seem to be hammering teams
  • Options
    Palace have a game in hand due to their match against Sheffield United being postponed. If they'd played that and drawn or won it, they'd currently be top. Our defence has been looking really good in recent games and they'll need to be on top form if we're to get anything out of this one. 

Tickets went out to women's season ticket holders a while ago; if you have a women's ST and didn't get a ticket through the post, call the ticket office. As others have mentioned, if you have a men's ST you can get a ticket for this game by contacting the ticket office. If you don't have a ST, also contact the ticket office if you can borrow a couple of kids from somewhere and want to take up the offer of 2 adults & 2 under-18s for £20. Effectively they're saying they'll give you £2 off a pair of tickets if you drag 2 under-18s along with you.

Further in the future - to correct what I've said previously, the Lewes game is now a 7pm kickoff not 7.30.
  • Options
    3 Nov: Lewes, away. 7pm Friday. At The Dripping Pan. £12 adult, £8 concessions. Under-16 free but must be accompanied by an adult. Tickets from here.
    12 Nov: Southampton, away. 2pm. At St Mary's. £9 adult, £3 under-18. Not on sale yet - due to be available from 23/10.
    19 Nov: Sunderland, HOME, 12 noon. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 concessions, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here (not on sale yet).
  • Options
    Absolutely fantastic win 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻♥️
  • Options
    Excellent!