Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    That's not the ideal draw - away at either Ipswich, who are one of the better tier 3 sides, or Lewes who we know well. Should be winnable either way, but it's away and it's neither an easy game nor a test against a WSL side.

(edit) Ipswich and Lewes play their postponed game this Sunday after which we'll know where we're going. If it ends up being Ipswich, they play at Felixstowe. A Lewes game would be at Lewes as usual.

17 Dec: Sheffield United, away. 2pm. At Bramhall Lane. £10 adult, £5 concessions.Tickets from here
    24 Dec, 31 Dec, 7 Jan: winter break
    14 Jan: Ipswich Town or Lewes, away. FA Cup round 4. Details TBC.

• Options
    Dartford City Li London City Lionesses have been sold to the owner of Washington Spirit, US champions in 2021, and OL Feminine, who have won the Champions League eight times  https://washingtonspirit.com/blog/2023/12/15/michele-kang-acquires-london-city-lionesses-football-club/
  • Options
    Good for the game, but not for us.
  • Options
    Tomorrow's game can be watched free on FA Player. You just have to register.
  • Options
    thanks, COYR
  • Options
    Starts soon.
  • Options
    Palace drawing their game at the moment is good for us, ideally need Sunderland and Birmingham to be a draw too and us to beat Sheffield, then we're top on merit with no-one able to overtake us even with games in hand. Southampton concede very late on to Durham really helps too as they would have been top with a win. 
  • Options
    Just can't seem to break them down, after they scored Sheffield have camped out in their own box almost
  • Options
    As soon as I tune in, we go one nil down.
  • Options
    We have been quite poor so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 nil now and the way both sides have played so far I can't see us getting back into it
  • Options
    Showed a lot of resolve second half and managed to come away with a point, much better showing in the second 45. 

All to play for in the second half of the season now
  • Options
    Lewes were beaten fairly comfortably by Ipswich today, so that's where we're headed in January. May well be a tough game. Ipswich website says it will be at Felixstowe & Walton United which is their usual home venue. 1pm kickoff due to the possibility of extra time.

14 Jan: Ipswich Town, away. 1pm. FA Cup round 4. At the AGL Arena, Felixstowe & Walton United. Prices not announced yet.
    21 Jan: Blackburn Rovers, HOME. noon. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    24 Jan: Brighton & Hove Albion, HOME. 7pm. At The Oakwood. £6 adult, £2 over-65 & under-21, £1 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
  • Options
    Ooh couple of games at home while I’m over, fab 🤩
  • Options
    Nothing announced about the Ipswich game yet, but here's a link to their ticket website. Judging from the league game the week before, it's general admission, like at the Oakwood; if you want a seat, just arrive early. Tickets can be bought online or at the gate and for the league game they're £6 adults, £4 over-65, £3 under-19. 
  • Options
    May as well list the whole of January. The Palace away game is at their new home of Sutton United. I don't remember there being much parking at Gander Green Lane when we went there for that pre-season friendly, but there seems to be some on sale.

14 Jan: Ipswich Town, away. 1pm. FA Cup round 4. At the AGL Arena, Felixstowe & Walton United. Prices not announced yet. Tickets from here
    21 Jan: Blackburn Rovers, HOME. noon. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    24 Jan: Brighton & Hove Albion, HOME. 7pm. At The Oakwood. £6 adult, £2 over-65 & under-21, £1 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    28 Jan: Crystal Palace, away. 2pm. At The VBS Community Stadium, Sutton United FC. £13 adult, £2 under-16. Parking available for £3 in advance. Tickets from here.
  • Options
    Bournemouth eventually got round to counting the crowd at the FA Cup game - 1675 showed up. Impressive.
  • Options
    Hannah Godfrey and Lois Roche have not had their contracts renewed and are leaving the club.
  • Options
    Ipswich have confirmed ticket prices. Tickets are print at home or scan your phone at the gate. Or you should be fine to turn up & pay on the day. If you're on the train, be warned the dreaded rail replacement bus is operating Colchester to Ipswich. then back onto a train for the final bit to Felixstowe.

14 Jan: Ipswich Town, away. 1pm. FA Cup round 4. At the AGL Arena, Felixstowe & Walton United. £6 adult, £4 over-65, £2 under-19. Tickets from here
    21 Jan: Blackburn Rovers, HOME. noon. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    24 Jan: Brighton & Hove Albion, HOME. 7pm. At The Oakwood. £6 adult, £2 over-65 & under-21, £1 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    28 Jan: Crystal Palace, away. 2pm. At The VBS Community Stadium, Sutton United FC. £13 adult, £2 under-16. Parking available for £3 in advance. Tickets from here.
    4 Feb: Lewes, HOME. 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ella Rutherford has earned a contract extension until the en of the season.
  • Options
    2 new players on loan until the end of the season. Defender and midfield, both for super league and both sound promising 
  • Options
    I thought Godfrey was one of our better players when I have seen her play.
  • Options
    I think we need a true centre forward.
  • Options
    She's hardly played this season. You sure you're not get her mixed up with someone else? 
  • Options
    Godfrey was one of our key defenders up until she did her acl last september. She featured against west ham this season but hasn’t been selected at all really the same to be said about Lois Roche. Both have recently signed for Lewes who are also in our league 
  • Options
    Are you getting mixed up with Freya Godfrey - on loan from Arsenal - who’s a very talented young player? 
  • Options
    Are you getting mixed up with Freya Godfrey - on loan from Arsenal - who’s a very talented young player? 
    Yes I am, sorry
  • Options
    Losing 1 nil
  • Options
    2 1 up