Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    3-1, 84 minute
  • Options
    3-2, 92 minute
  • Options
    Enjoyed that, wind was difficult for both teams, but plenty of action!! Well done.
  • Options
    Charlton top with 26 points
    Palace 2nd with 24 points
    Brum 3rd with 23 points
    Both have game in hand and better goal difference 
  • Options
    It was a good game.
    Was impressed with Mel on loan from West Ham. Some much needed muscle in the middle.
    Delighted I got to see them win again 😄 
  • Options
    good win. played some nice football in the 1st half. wind spoiled the football in the 2nd half and seemed like Blackburn with their extra physicality and the wind behind them were going to get at least a draw. Both their goals were wind assisted. The girls hung on though showing good character.
  • Options
    Very tight at the top, five clubs involved, some with games in hand
  • Options
    3-2 win very convincing 
  • Options
    We are in it, and well done to the manager and players for that. As I said earlier, this division leaves little room for error but we have only lost one game all season which has to be commended.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big game at Palace next week! COYA
  • Options
    End the season now!
  • Options
    No word yet on details of the Spurs game, other than that as expected we're not the Sunday lunchtime TV game. It's very likely to be 2pm at Leyton Orient but until the clubs confirm we're not certain of that. 

Don't forget we play Brighton in our last league cup group game at the Oakwood on Wednesday night. In theory a 3-goal winning margin should be enough for a place in the quarters. More realistically it's a chance to test ourselves against WSL opposition. Also a potentially season-defining game coming up on Sunday against Palace at Sutton. 

24 Jan: Brighton & Hove Albion, HOME. 7pm. At The Oakwood. £6 adult, £2 over-65 & under-21, £1 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    28 Jan: Crystal Palace, away. 2pm. At The VBS Community Stadium, Sutton United FC. £13 adult, £2 under-16. Parking sold out. Tickets from here.
    4 Feb: Lewes, HOME. 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    10 or 11 Feb: Tottenham Hotspur, away. Time TBC. FA Cup round 5. At Brisbane Road, Leyton Orient FC. Prices TBC.
    18 Feb: Reading, HOME. 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
  • Options
    TomArchYT said:
    Been to every home game and couple away this season so far.
    Next week vs palace is a huge game because they also have a game or two in hand so we need to be picking up as many points as possible, one slip up could cost us the league. If we manage to score 3 against wsl opponent then that would be a massive confidence boost and will show we can go toe to toe with opponents. 
    Hopefully the form attracts a few more fans down the oakwood/ valley for our games aswell
    Do you think they can realistically get promoted?
    I really enjoyed the first half Sunday but found the second half lacked physicality.
    I was hoping it was down to the weather.
    My worry is there’s not enough strength there, you know, real muscle that’s needed to see out a game.
  • Options
    TomArchYT said:
    Next week vs palace is a huge game because they also have a game or two in hand so we need to be picking up as many points as possible, one slip up could cost us the league. If we manage to score 3 against wsl opponent then that would be a massive confidence boost and will show we can go toe to toe with opponents. 
    Hopefully the form attracts a few more fans down the oakwood/ valley for our games aswell
    I really enjoyed the first half Sunday but found the second half lacked physicality.
    My worry is there’s not enough strength there, you know, real muscle that’s needed to see out a game.
    The squad is a lot stronger this season. The players have said that the conditions were very hard on Sunday. Recent loan signings have improved the quality. In the past we have lost to Blackburn with them with them scoring goals in the second half.

The highlights on FA Player clearly show that our keeper Sian Rogers was clearly fouled before the Blackburn 2nd goal.

We will need to prevent Elise Hughes, a former Charlton player, scoring on Sunday.
  • Options
    TomArchYT said:
    I get that, but they have competed against the better teams so absolutely they can do it. But absolutely they might fall just short. It is very hard because every game is a must win game and maybe a bit of luck is going to make the difference one way or the ther.
  • Options
    edited January 23
    Birmingham are the biggest threat in my opinion, one game in hand, 3 points back and have won 5 on the bounce. Also have big money backing like their first team from Tom Brady and co. 

Am I right in saying only 1 team go up? We need to capitalise on this opportunity and then Global Football Partners need to invest big to keep us up in the first couple of seasons 
  • Options
    TomArchYT said:
    Theres definitely a possibility of being promoted, could maybe bring another body or 2 in and send a few out on loan potentially. Mel filis coming in definitely brings that physical presence in midfield. Gracie pearse is also a brilliant defender who i think will do really well for us.
    I spoke to the players after the game like I always do and they said they knew they should’ve been 3/4-0 up at halftime and I think if we really wanna be going up we have to be finishing those chances especially the one on ones.

Sundays gonna be huge as I said especially with palace in good form, aload of former charlton players aswell, still think to this day we should never of got rid of hughes need someone to hold the ball up for us when it goes forward. We just need to keep finding results because as we know 1 little slip up in this league can cost you the title 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Birmingham are the biggest threat in my opinion, one game in hand, 3 points back and have won 5 on the bounce. Also have big money backing like their first team from Tom Brady and co. 

Am I right in saying only 1 team go up? We need to capitalise on this opportunity and then Global Football Partners need to invest big to keep us up in the first couple of seasons 
    Yes one up one down from the championship, birmingham is women also have someone else who came in to help so they’ve got the most money in the league. So definitely the biggest threat for sure
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 24
    The Spurs game will be a Saturday evening game, at Leyton Orient, kicking off at 5.15. No way to get back from Reading in time for that, but an option for those who aren't going to the men's away game.

Edit to add: I see Spurs have a home game, and also won't be able to get there for kickoff. The ground may be a bit empty.
  • Options
    seems strange planning then in that case 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Might be for TV?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    redman said:
    Might be for TV?
    It’s on FA Player. 
  • Options
    It's on the FA Player and also on the competition's social media channels. So I guess people could find a pub in Reading with wifi.

• Options
    edited January 24
    28 Jan: Crystal Palace, away. 2pm. At The VBS Community Stadium, Sutton United FC. £13 adult, £2 under-16. Parking sold out. Tickets from here.
    4 Feb: Lewes, HOME. 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    10 Feb (Saturday): Tottenham Hotspur, away. 5.15pm. FA Cup round 5. At Brisbane Road, Leyton Orient FC. £10 adult, £5 over-65, £3.50 under-18. Tickets not on sale until 30 Jan.
    18 Feb: Reading, HOME. 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.

For WSL games Spurs expect the visiting club to sell tickets to away fans in a defined away area, unlike the Championship where everyone buys direct from the home club. There's nothing on their site yet to say whether that will apply to us.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    FT we win 0-1
    Excellent result. Great to see one decent team at the Club.