Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    From what i’ve heard around the oakwood, our deal is up at the oakwood at the end of the season anyways and we’re in talks with grounds like, welling and princes park due to london city’s deal also being up there aswell. The oakwood doesn’t meet the criteria for a wsl from what i’ve heard it needs about 3 stands at the very minimum. Hopefully our fans start to come along to more games now that we’re also doing very well. 

Little bit to add on andrea, she was brilliant at her job always brilliant towards me, other fans aswell, the new comms in charge is gonna be amazing aswell.

This season is gonna be an interesting ending for sure I do think we can go all the way but we need to win every game from now. The last 3 games especially are against 3 of the top 5
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    I don't know what time it was put on but the report of the game was put on the website yesterday.
    The Freya Godfrey update was put on 22 hours ago and I think the match report was put on before that.
    The report on the Charlton site was added just after 10.00 this morning. It was the lead story for a couple of hours before being lost below tickets for Saturday, Alfie May being nominated for player of the month and the under 18s report.
    Your point being?
    It was in response to southamptonaddick
  • Options
    If we do get promoted, I would imagine all home games will be at the Valley.
    The Valley pitch would need upgrades for fixtures to be played on Saturday and Sunday.
  • Options
    Lionesses are likely to want to stay at Dartford as long as they don't get relegated. If they're still in the Championship they'll face the same problem as us with many of the better grounds already being shared.

Crusty54 said:
    The Valley pitch would need upgrades for fixtures to be played on Saturday and Sunday.
    It's only 11 league games, and we're already playing some of those at the Valley. If we kept an arrangement with VCD to use the Oakwood for cup matches the demand on the Valley pitch shouldn't be too bad.
  • Options
    Tickets for the Spurs game go on sale at 10am today. Nothing to indicate yet which club we'll need to but from as there's nothing to say if Spurs will be segregating given our travelling support is a lot less than most WSL sides.
  • Options
    Lionesses are likely to want to stay at Dartford as long as they don't get relegated. If they're still in the Championship they'll face the same problem as us with many of the better grounds already being shared.

Crusty54 said:
    It's only 11 league games, and we're already playing some of those at the Valley. If we kept an arrangement with VCD to use the Oakwood for cup matches the demand on the Valley pitch shouldn't be too bad.
    Dartford won’t agree to closing the rest of the complex during a game to satisfy FA rules. Grounds have to meet WSL standards next season. LC Lionesses were told they couldn’t play there if they’d been promoted last season. 

Games at the Valley are normally scheduled when the men are away the previous day. 

It’s interesting that Brighton are looking to build a stadium for their women’s team. Reasonable capacity and better than playing at Crawley. 
  • Options
    Wasn't the issue at the Valley being the pitch, and it needed something like a Desso pitch to make it work. 

It's not looking fab this season
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Crusty54 said:
    Dartford won’t agree to closing the rest of the complex during a game to satisfy FA rules. Grounds have to meet WSL standards next season. LC Lionesses were told they couldn’t play there if they’d been promoted last season. 

Games at the Valley are normally scheduled when the men are away the previous day. 

It’s interesting that Brighton are looking to build a stadium for their women’s team. Reasonable capacity and better than playing at Crawley. 
    Be good if when fixtures are pulled together in the summer, mens games and women's games were on alternate weekends.

Shame we are moving from Crayford as my daughter has just moved there.
  • Options
    Tickets for the Spurs game are for the away section and must be purchased from us not from Spurs. I suspect they will be available on the day from Orient, but that isn't confirmed yet. There's a link on the front page of the official site, or click here. £10 adults, £5 over 65 or under 22, £3.50 under 18. The away section is described as being general admission. I can't see anything to say where in the ground we are, but the blocks on sale to home fans are in the West stand so I guess probably in there.
  • Options
    4 Feb: Lewes, HOME. 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    10 Feb (Saturday): Tottenham Hotspur, away. 5.15pm. FA Cup round 5. At Brisbane Road, Leyton Orient FC. £10 adult, £5 over-65, £3.50 under-18. Tickets from here.
    18 Feb: Reading, HOME. 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    25 Feb: International weekend. England friendly games not confirmed yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For the Spurs game at Orient we've been given block A of the West Stand, right at the southern end opposite where the normal away seats in the East Stand are. Spurs have got B and C, so at least initially they're using half of one stand. The game clashes with a Spurs home premier league game so the crowd's likely to be a lot smaller than we might have expected.
  • Options
    For the Spurs game at Orient we've been given block A of the West Stand, right at the southern end opposite where the normal away seats in the East Stand are. Spurs have got B and C, so at least initially they're using half of one stand. The game clashes with a Spurs home premier league game so the crowd's likely to be a lot smaller than we might have expected.
    I'm up in Norfolk next week and looked at getting the train down for the game. Would have to buy 2 singles totalling £48. Crazy for a day return. Considering driving down when I spotted it's live on FA Player.
  • Options
    Losing 0-1 at HT
  • Options
    64 mins gone, no change
  • Options
    edited February 4
    Equalised in 80th minute and Birmingham are losing 2-0. Need to win though as Palace have a game in hand.
  • Options
    Ended 1-1
  • Options
    Amazingly Birmingham, Sunderland and Southampton all lost so whilst a win would have been fantastic, we're still 3 points ahead of Palace who have a game in hand. 

7 cup finals to go
  • Options
    Disappointing to have let Palace claw some points back on us already but at least everyone else lost. I feel like we never do well against Lewes
  • Options

• Options
    Disappointing to only draw, but that's what happens when you don't take your chances – on several occasions in the first half in particular we were in a great shooting position, but the shot was either powderpuff or ballooned over the bar.

Great header from Tegan McGowan to equalise, mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 4
    Disappointing to only draw, but that's what happens when you don't take your chances – on several occasions in the first half in particular we were in a great shooting position, but the shot was either powderpuff or ballooned over the bar.

Great header from Tegan McGowan to equalise, mind.
    First 30 minutes we had so much of the ball but no end result. 
  • Options
    How many go up? Any playoffs?
  • Options
    How many go up? Any playoffs?
    Just the one team that gets promoted, no Play-Offs
  • Options
    It was a good day for us results wise, apart from Palace but they did beat a rival. It is frustrating as you can't help thinking what another two points would have done for us. Still well in it though.
  • Options
    shame the Spurs game isn't at their new ground
  • Options
    shame the Spurs game isn't at their new ground
    The men are playing there at 3pm.

The only women's game played there was against Arsenal with drew a large crows.

Only half of 1 stand is being used for the cup game.
  • Options
    edited February 5
    Anyone planning to go to the FA Cup match at Orient next Saturday - get your tickets ASAP as seems they are physical tickets so only options are to collect from The Valley in advance or have them posted to you. 
  • Options
    10 Feb (Saturday): Tottenham Hotspur, away. 5.15pm. FA Cup round 5. At Brisbane Road, Leyton Orient FC. £10 adult, £5 over-65, £3.50 under-18. Tickets from here.
    18 Feb: Reading, HOME. 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    25 Feb: International weekend. England friendly games both being played in Spain.
    3 Mar: Watford, away, 2pm. At Grosvenor Vale, Wealdstone FC. £7 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £8 & £6 on the day. Tickets from here (not on sale yet).

Looking at the Spurs ticketing site they've almost sold out their sections. Unless they decide to open more of the ground, that's likely to mean no tickets on sale at the ground on the day. Get your order in quick if you're planning on going. If you can't get there, the game will be live on the FA Player.
  • Options
    As of yesterday afternoon we'd sold out the initial 100 tickets for Spurs and were starting on selling seats in the rest of the away block. Impressive turnout.
  • Options
    Wonder if Kit will play for Tottenham.