Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Spurs' website gives a list of social media channels for the "Adobe Women’s FA Cup" on which you can watch the game live. Also it seems there will be tickets on sale at the ground.
    https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2024/february/spurs-women-vs-charlton-athletic-wfa-cup-how-to-watch-team-news-kit-colours-key-information/
  • Options
    HT 0-0
    Giving spurs a game.
  • Options
    Kit Graham of all people. Aaargh.
  • Options
    Didn’t quite have enough to make it through. Still, a good run.
  • Options
    That was a great team performance. The difference in standard between WSL and the Championship was very obvious, Spurs players making passes that very few players at our level would attempt. We had to ride our luck a bit, but we were in it right to the end and did create enough half-chances to be allowed to daydream legitimately about how it could have gone. Big cheer from the away end for the keeper going up for our last set-piece.

Normally at away games our fans are scattered all over the ground. Being sat together and a few people attempting to make some noise was fun. I guess it's a sign of how much the size of our support has grown in the last few years that perhaps 2 or 3 people at most applauded Kit when she came on, while Angela got a lot of acknowledgement from the Spurs fans when she was substituted. I| guess most people in the away end have never seen Kit play. It's a far cry from the seasons down in the third tier when her parent were generally a third of our total travelling support.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/lbQsPuiWE-A?si=fSz4mTUtbw8nbOLX
    The vlog from spurs yesterday, 

Such a great game and the women should be immensely proud of themselves, fought up until the last minute. Could’ve even knicked it aswell but just wasn’t meant to be. It does prove tho that we can go toe to toe with wsl sides for when we get promoted next season. Kit I’ve seen play a few times I knew as soon as she came on she was going to either score or do something to punish us. But as I said the players should hold their heads high. Bring on reading now tho which is now a must win along with every other game 
  • Options
    18 Feb: Reading, HOME. 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    25 Feb: International weekend. England friendly games both being played in Spain.
    3 Mar: Watford, away, 2pm. At Grosvenor Vale, Wealdstone FC. £7 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £8 & £6 on the day. Tickets from here.
    10 Mar: week off. 
    17 Mar: Durham, away. 12 noon. At Maiden Castle. £9 adult, £6 student, £4 under-16. Tickets from here.
  • Options
    edited February 18
    18/02/2024 - Todays game off (waterlogged pitch).  Shame,  was looking forward to this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 18
    Sunderland losing 2-3 with 5 minutes plus to go. They will stay second until the other three teams below them play at 2pm
  • Options
    edited February 18
    Spoke too soon Sunderland 4-3, scored in 90+5 and 90+7. They go top, 1 point above us but we now have a game in hand 
  • Options
    Join CAST for a free online Q&A with Karen Hills, Beth Roe and Carla Humphrey. Tuesday at 6pm. Open to all. Register here:

https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_I5tKSmHrRqOidRkrmovFVw#/registration

• Options
    Palace and Saints both won, we are now 4th
  • Options
    CM latest Podcast is a good listen, very good insight to Charlton Women's team.
  • Options
    Join CAST for a free online Q&A with Karen Hills, Beth Roe and Carla Humphrey. Tuesday at 6pm. Open to all. Register here:

https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_I5tKSmHrRqOidRkrmovFVw#/registration

Anyone else catch this? Great Q&A, such a wide demographic in the ‘audience’ - so many different ages watching as well as quite a few ‘non Charlton’ fans! 

Seems our women have a really great following
    Unfortunately I missed this. Is it possible to view a recording anywhere? 
  • Options
    The rained-off Reading fixture has been rescheduled for the blank weekend on 10th March. The club have also announced that the Lionesses game on the 24th will now be at the Valley rather than the Oakwood as originally planned. As usual with games at the Valley all tickets will be in the West Lower. It's not segregated but away fans often like to aim for the front few rows of block F near the away dugout, so maybe sit somewhere other than that. Women's ST holders will get a ticket through the post as usual.

25 Feb: International weekend. England friendly games both being played in Spain.
    3 Mar: Watford, away. 2pm. At Grosvenor Vale, Wealdstone FC. £7 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £8 & £6 on the day. Tickets from here.
    10 Mar: Reading, HOME. 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here
    17 Mar: Durham, away. 12 noon. At Maiden Castle. £9 adult, £6 student, £4 under-16. Tickets from here.
    24 Mar: London City Lionesses, HOME, 2pm. At The Valley. £11 adult, £6 over-65 & under-21, £5 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
  • Options
    redman said:

Anyone else catch this? Great Q&A, such a wide demographic in the ‘audience’ - so many different ages watching as well as quite a few ‘non Charlton’ fans! 

Seems our women have a really great following
    Unfortunately I missed this. Is it possible to view a recording anywhere? 
    We’ll pop a full write up on castrust.org - hopefully before the weekend. 
  • Options
    As a Season Ticket holder (Mens) got a freebie V London City at the Valley  - just sign in on ticket page
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    CM latest Podcast is a good listen, very good insight to Charlton Women's team.
    Do you have a link or the name of the podcast
    Thanks
  • Options
    Watford away on Sunday. Being played in Ruislip. Easy to get there.
  • Options
    3 Mar: Watford, away. 2pm. At Grosvenor Vale, Wealdstone FC. £7 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £8 & £6 on the day. Tickets from here.
    10 Mar: Reading, HOME. 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here
    17 Mar: Durham, away. 12 noon. At Maiden Castle. £9 adult, £6 student, £4 under-16. Tickets from here.
    24 Mar: London City Lionesses, HOME, 2pm. At The Valley. £11 adult, £6 over-65 & under-21, £5 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    31 Mar: Birmingham City, HOME, 1pm. At The Valley. £11 adult, £6 over-65 & under-21, £5 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.

There's only one home game and one away in April so this coming month is crucial. Any of the top 5 could realistically win the league or finish fifth. 

For this Sunday, Grosvenor Vale is where Ruislip Manor used to play before Wealdstone took it over after losing their own ground. Nearest tube is Ruislip.
  • Options
    Not sure why but Poppy Soper has been recalled from Ipswich.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Not sure why but Poppy Soper has been recalled from Ipswich.
    Must be an injury to one of our keepers, I’d imagine?
  • Options
    Watford match postponed - waterlogged pitch. 
  • Options
    Sunderland beat Saints
    Palace game postponed 
  • Options
    edited March 3
    1st Sunderland played 17 34 points
    2nd Palace played 15 30 points
    3rd Saints played 17 30 points
    4th Charlton played 15 30 points

We have the worst goal difference with Saints
  • Options
    The fixture against Watford will now take place on Sunday, April 14th (KO 2pm BST).