Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    10 Mar: Reading, HOME. 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here
    17 Mar: Durham, away. 12 noon. At Maiden Castle. £9 adult, £6 student, £4 under-16. Tickets from here.
    24 Mar: London City Lionesses, HOME, 2pm. At The Valley. £11 adult, £6 over-65 & under-21, £5 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    31 Mar: Birmingham City, HOME, 1pm. At The Valley. £11 adult, £6 over-65 & under-21, £5 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    7 Apr: International break. England due to be playing Euro 2025 qualifiers, fixtures TBC.
    14 Apr: Watford, away. 2pm. At Grosvenor Vale, Wealdstone FC. £7 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £8 & £6 on the day. Tickets not yet back on sale.

The Watford postponement has used up our last free Sunday so any further issues will mean playing midweek.

Three of our four remaining home games are due to be at the Valley, so Reading this Sunday is scheduled to be the last game at the Oakwood for the season. Reading need a result as the bottom 2 clubs have been picking up points recently and they are one of several who could get sucked in.
  • Options
    Not that it's directly relevant, but England's Euro qualifying opponents are France, Sweden and Ireland. Expect one home game in each of the next 3 windows. Fixtures to be announced, presumably fairly soon as the first match is only a month away.
  • Options
    has it been confirmed where we play next season regardless of promotion? 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    has it been confirmed where we play next season regardless of promotion? 
    Nothing's been said in public as far as I''m aware, but I assume identifying a WSL-compliant ground that we have the use of would be part of the application, so it must be identified in there. Unless we've gone with a fall-back option like using the Valley if we can't identify an alternative.
  • Options
    10 Mar: Reading, HOME. 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here
    17 Mar: Durham, away. 12 noon. At Maiden Castle. £9 adult, £6 student, £4 under-16. Tickets from here.
    24 Mar: London City Lionesses, HOME, 2pm. At The Valley. £11 adult, £6 over-65 & under-21, £5 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    31 Mar: Birmingham City, HOME, 1pm. At The Valley. £11 adult, £6 over-65 & under-21, £5 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    7 Apr: International break. England due to be playing Euro 2025 qualifiers, fixtures TBC.
    14 Apr: Watford, away. 2pm. At Grosvenor Vale, Wealdstone FC. £7 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £8 & £6 on the day. Tickets not yet back on sale.

The Watford postponement has used up our last free Sunday so any further issues will mean playing midweek.

Three of our four remaining home games are due to be at the Valley, so Reading this Sunday is scheduled to be the last game at the Oakwood for the season. Reading need a result as the bottom 2 clubs have been picking up points recently and they are one of several who could get sucked in.
    @swindon_@Swindon_Addick
    Is the Reading game definitely at The Oakwood?
    I have someone asking on FB & he’s being told it’s at The Valley?
    He can’t go if it’s at The Valley you see.
  • Options

@swindon_@Swindon_Addick
    Is the Reading game definitely at The Oakwood?
    I have someone asking on FB & he’s being told it’s at The Valley?
    He can’t go if it’s at The Valley you see.
    Definitely at Oakwood. 2pm. confirmed by twitter post yesterday. 

• Options
    Cheers Redman.
    Thats what I was going by & obviously Swindon’s post.
    But then some other fella keeps insisting it’s been changed.
    I’ve asked them directly via Twitter.
    I’m pretty confident it in Crayford tbh.
  • Options
    Just confirmed direct from their Twitter/X it’s Crayford.
    Happy days.
    Thanks all.
  • Options
    It could well be the last game that the women play at The Oakwood.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Oh that’s sad.
    I enjoy going there.
  • Options
    edited March 7
    Crusty54 said:
    Oh that’s sad.
    I enjoy going there.
    Me too - lovely non league ground, nice pitch, and well run tea bar that does nice bacon rolls/burgers!
  • Options
    The weekend of 7 April, England Women play Sweden on Friday 5th and Ireland away on Tuesday 9th. Scotland's home game is Slovakia on Tuesday 9th, Wales' is Croatia on Friday 5th. Venues haven't been confirmed yet (seriously??) other than the Wales game which is at Wrexham. As usual there are no WSL or Championship games that weekend.
  • Options
    edited March 10
    I've mistakenly bought 2 tickets twice for today's game at the Oakwood today. Does anyone going want them?
  • Options
    Palace level at HT against Sheff Utd. Hope it stays that way.
  • Options
    Charlton losing 1-0. Not good.
  • Options
    And Palace won 1-0
  • Options
    Our game finished 1-0 to Reading.
  • Options
    Went to the game today. A very "Charlton" performance. Completely and utterly dominated and then loose to an absolute thunderbolt from Reading, which was their only shot in the entire game.

Not sure who the Reading coach is, but there was some top level shit housery going on from about half an hour onwards.

I don't know a huge amount about Women's football, but was surprised at the pace the game was played at. Pretty impressive.

What I would say is Charlton ran out of ideas around 60mins in and although they dominated, never really looked like scoring imo 
  • Options
    edited March 10
    Missed a penalty in the first half.

We need a big centre forward to lead the line.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Missed a penalty in the first half.

We need a big centre forward to lead the line.
    Agreed. They look very light weight up front. Was impressed with the wingers and thought the left back (McKenna?) was good as well.
  • Options
    7 Apr: International break. England play Sweden at Wembley on Friday 5 April.
    14 Apr: Watford, away. 2pm. At Grosvenor Vale, Wealdstone FC. £7 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £8 & £6 on the day. Tickets from here.
    21 Apr: Sunderland, away. 2pm. At Eppleton Colliery Welfare Ground. £10 adult, £7.50 over-65, £5 under-16 or student. Tickets from here.
  • Options
    The website has a helpful reminder to men's ST holders of how to claim a free ticket for the Lionesses game on Sunday 24th. Looks like there's a push to get a substantial crowd with the Wigan game being postponed. Perhaps we'll break the attendance record again. Women's ST holders should get tickets through the post for the remaining home league games as usual.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/redeem-your-free-ticket-london-city-lionesses-clash
  • Options
    Game about to kick off. 12 o'clock start today. Need to win to stay in contention.
  • Options
    1-0 Charlton.
  • Options
    edited March 17
    U14s won their cup final 5-1 against Haringey
  • Options
    75 minutes still 0-1
  • Options
    Palace losing as it stands which would be huge if both scorelines remain the same. 
  • Options
    Palace at 82 minutes