Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Jobbers said:
    I’m afraid we bottled it against London and Reading. Too many draws and haven’t scored enough goals this season. The squad I think never believed they could go up. Palace have a decent run in and will go up. Big changes needed in the summer with players and manager.
    Interesting people want Hills gone, where I think she’s done a good job with what’s available 
    She was much more animated today. Subs came on much earlier than last week and it showed. A goal scoring traditional centre forward is needed.
  • Options
    Personally can't see why people think we need a change of manager. Personally think she's doing a good job.
    The areas to try and strengthen are obvious. The fact all 3 forwards were changed from previous week highlighted that. Ideally a natural goal scorer and some physical presence up front. Also an extra midfielder, probably 2 if Filis goes back (I think she's on loan).
    Decent crowd again. Certainly shows getting more games at the Valley would be a bonus. 
  • Options
    Also good to see 2 of the academy teams present their cups to the crowd. I think it would be good for everyone if they also were given the same chance for a men's game. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Also good to see 2 of the academy teams present their cups to the crowd. I think it would be good for everyone if they also were given the same chance for a men's game. 
    Starting from scratch this season the younger academy teams have done remarkably well. I find it very strange that the women's academy section on the main club site hasn't been updated since last August. 
  • Options
    The Watford game next Sunday is not on the club website.

Another example that the one club concept isn't happening.
  • Options
    edited April 7
    Crusty54 said:
    The Watford game next Sunday is not on the club website.

Another example that the one club concept isn't happening.
    Speaking of which:
    Watford have moved their remaining games to Vicarage Road. I suspect it's down to concerns over Wealdstone's pitch after all the wet weather, but they're too polite to say that. Ticket prices are unchanged - £7 in advance, £8 on the gate. It's unreserved seating in the Sir Elton John stand. Nice touch that they're still offering a discount to Wealdstone ST holders, despite having moved it.

Anyone under 18 intending to attend without an over-18 accompanying them note there's some paperwork you'll need to do to get the discounted ticket price. Under-14s need to be accompanied full stop (but it doesn't need to be a parent - anyone over 18 will do).

https://www.watfordfc.com/news/ticket/women-final-two-home-games-to-take-place-at-vicarage-road
  • Options
    14 Apr: Watford, away. 2pm. At Vicarage Road. £7 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £8 & £6 on the day. Under-18 free if bought at the same time as an adult ticket. Tickets from here.
    21 Apr: Sunderland, away. 2pm. At Eppleton Colliery Welfare Ground. £10 adult, £7.50 over-65, £5 under-16 or student. Tickets from here.
    28 Apr: Southampton, HOME, 2pm. At The Valley. £11 adult, £6 over-65 & under-21, £5 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
  • Options
    I have been informed that next Sunday's game will be added to the fixture list on the website today. This follows several emails exchanged with the website team.

The e tickets purchased for the original date will be valid at Vicarage Road.
  • Options
    edited April 14
    You can tell what the Charlton comms team think about the very successful women's team.

Can't even be bothered to post a preview about today's game at Watford on the website. K.O 2pm.

Just a post on X/Twitter.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    You can tell what the Charlton comms team think about the very successful women's team.

Can't even be bothered to post a preview about today's game at Watford on the website. K.O 2pm.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/match-preview-watford-v-charlton-athletic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-0 at half time. A few decent chances created but the score is a fair reflection of the game. 

Palace winning which means we have to win this. Don't want to be going to Sunderland out of the running but able to hand Palace the title if we get a result. 
  • Options
    1-0 up. The goal reflected the quality of the game, but they all count and we needed that. Now kick on.
  • Options
    0-1 59 minutes
  • Options
    The players are spending an age in a huddle after that. We need to improve for Sunderland. 
  • Options
    Pretty underwhelming in the first half, but much better, more confident and more assertive in the second. Still didn't create many chances, but the second goal was very well-taken and only a good save denied us a headed third.
  • Options
    Portsmouth and Newcastle have secured the promotion places to replace Watford and whoever else goes down. Still a possibility that we won't need to care about that, of course. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Crusty54 said:

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/match-preview-watford-v-charlton-athletic
    better late than never.
  • Options
    The match is on Sunderland's YouTube channel.  Currently 0-0 after 27mins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Typical that our best season for ages is going to end up with Palace being in the WPL
  • Options
    HT 0-0
  • Options
    edited April 21
    Brum, Saints and Palace all winning
  • Options
    0-1 Kayleigh Green
    60 minutes 
  • Options
    Unfortunately, unless Palace do not win today, we cannot catch them, even with a win today and last game, due to goal difference, which at the moment is +13 to us and +32 to them
  • Options
    FT 0-1. Unfortunately Palace still winning 0-2 in Injury time. We cannot now win title
  • Options
    Is it definitely GD and not H2H?
  • Options
    edited April 21
    A bit gutting but credit to Palace - they had a great season and scored tons more goals than us or anyone else. Karen Hills and her team did brilliantly to get 2nd spot (assuming we get at least a draw in our final fixture).
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    0-1 Kayleigh Green
    60 minutes 
    It was Kayleigh Barton that scored.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    ross1 said:
    0-1 Kayleigh Green
    60 minutes 
    It was Kayleigh Barton that scored.
    Sorry, my information was from Sky