Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    ross1 said:
    0-1 Kayleigh Green
    60 minutes 
    It was Kayleigh Barton that scored.
    CAFC OS also say Kayleigh Green
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    A bit gutting but credit to Palace - they had a great season and scored tons more goals than us or anyone else. Karen Hills and her team did brilliantly to get 2nd spot (assuming we get at least a draw in our final fixture).
    To rub it in Palace's leading scorer is Elise Hughes who used to play for Charlton.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Crusty54 said:
    ross1 said:
    0-1 Kayleigh Green
    60 minutes 
    CAFC OS also say Kayleigh Green
    Same person - she switched to using her married name on her shirt during the season.
  • Options
    Huge opportunity now to finish second, which would be our best season since 2007. We need to beat Southampton next weekend, or a draw would do if Sunderland can't beat Palace. We could still end up fourth if we lost to Southampton and Sunderland won.

I can't help reflecting on what might have been, but for those two bad games against Reading and Lionesses. But what's done is done. It's been an amazing season.
    The LCL game was the killer for me.

Unbeaten away all season is some achievement 
  • Options
    Strikes me as odd still that top two don't go up but we move I suppose
  • Options
    They should probably have a play off match between 2nd bttom of WSL and 2nd in Championship but we might be better off trying to improve on where we are. Ideally we try to score more goals and maybe one or two new players could achieve that. If we did do that, I suspect we will swap places with Palace next season and we would be better equipped to stay up. All in all a great season though.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    ross1 said:
    0-1 Kayleigh Green
    60 minutes 

How Marvels SpiderMan Pointing Meme Became Canon Next SpiderMans
  • Options
    They should probably have a play off match between 2nd bttom of WSL and 2nd in Championship but we might be better off trying to improve on where we are. Ideally we try to score more goals and maybe one or two new players could achieve that. If we did do that, I suspect we will swap places with Palace next season and we would be better equipped to stay up. All in all a great season though.
    Your also assuming we don't lose any of our key young players. Hope not but must be a risk 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Your also assuming we don't lose any of our key young players. Hope not but must be a risk 
    I'm not assuming anything. I am saying what ideally will happen but as we know, it might not. I have watched a few games and today's was a good example. We were the better side and made some excellent attacks but that savvy to get on the end of things isn't really there and one player who has it could make a massive difference. Defensively we looked good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:
    I'm not assuming anything. I am saying what ideally will happen but as we know, it might not. I have watched a few games and today's was a good example. We were the better side and made some excellent attacks but that savvy to get on the end of things isn't really there and one player who has it could make a massive difference. Defensively we looked good.
    Most of the squad are out of contract at the end of the season. We really do need a goal scoring centre forward.
  • Options
    CAST put this video in the latest newsletter which I thought was touching and hopefully they done mind me sharing here 

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/amr-and-family-visit-womens-first-team
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Women's football seems full of bottlenecks like this. Seems bizarre that two go down from the Championship now but only one goes up. 

Next season's Championship will be very difficult because Newcastle have been promoted into the league and will probably spend their way to the title while being able to offset that cost to benefit the men's team for financial fair play. 

The Premier League big brands must be protected at all costs, I guess. There are now some quite mad financial disparities in the women's game - if you go down to the fifth tier, where Fulham, Dartford, Ebbsfleet and Dulwich play, the smaller clubs struggle to rustle up the hire fees for a season's worth of football so the fixtures are only released a couple of months at a time.
  • Options
    NewCo will be in charge of the Super League and Championship next season.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:

Next season's Championship will be very difficult because Newcastle have been promoted into the league and will probably spend their way to the title while being able to offset that cost to benefit the men's team for financial fair play. 

Can you please explain to me how this works. I don't understand
  • Options
    edited April 22
    redman said:
    LTKapal said:

Can you please explain to me how this works. I don't understand
    Losses incurred from running a women's team don't count towards overall losses for financial fair play. So for Premier League clubs the costs of running a WSL team are relatively small and they get a lot of good publicity from it, which they don't have to include in their FFP calculations. And if a kid asks for a Newcastle shirt as a result of being taken to a women's game, the income from that shirt sale does count towards FFP. I don't think the amounts involved will be significant compared to the millions that get spent on these clubs, but it's a real effect.

I think for most of them the positive PR is a bigger deal than the sales of shirts and burgers.
  • Options
    Confirmed to be playing all home games at The Valley from now on
  • Options
    Great news. Much more inclined to get a season ticket if they're playing at a more central stadium. It'll be interesting to see how they arrange the fixtures around the men's team
  • Options
    Great news. Much more inclined to get a season ticket if they're playing at a more central stadium. It'll be interesting to see how they arrange the fixtures around the men's team
    Might not have to change that much to be honest, Wembley holds up with back to back matches for the FA Cup Semi finals and the playoff finals for instance 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic
  • Options

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Might not have to change that much to be honest, Wembley holds up with back to back matches for the FA Cup Semi finals and the playoff finals for instance 
    I meant more regarding the days. Whether they'll plan for all home games to be on Sundays or if they'll pivot it around the men's away games to have Saturday home games. Would be nice if there's an away game you can't get to to have the option of still seeing a Charlton team at The Valley on a Saturday
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Would love it if they experimented by playing a game straight after the men's match as the RFU have done at Twickenham a couple of times
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Would love it if they experimented by playing a game straight after the men's match as the RFU have done at Twickenham a couple of times
    Would be difficult as they are selling season tickets with designated seats for the first time.

• Options
    Season tickets now on sale. £70 for 11 games at the Valley. Also some really good deals for concessions, particularly under 18s.

• Adult - £70  
    • Family x 4 - £120 (two adults & two under 18s) ( to redeem discount add two adults and two under 18s to your basket to redeem discount)
    • Family x 2 - £80 (one adult & one under 18) ( to redeem discount add one adult and one under 18 to your basket to redeem discount)
    • Over 65s - £40 
    • 18-24 - £30
    • Under 18s - £25 
  • Options
    1-0 up. If we can get another 10 or 11 before half time Palace might start panicking  :D
  • Options
    Lucky not to be 3/4 -1 down. Southampton hit the bar twice and missed a fair few chances. Charlton totally overrun in midfield and really struggling. Southampton look fitter, faster and a fair bit better than us.
  • Options
    It just occurred to me that I must now have seen Atlanta Primus play more often than I ever saw Linvoy.
  • Options
    These Southampton girls probably want to put themselves forward for the crossbar challenge. Just hit it again for the 3rd time.