Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Memorable graffiti round London from over the years

Comments

• Options
    Used to be one on Charlton Lane from when I was a kid just said ' oi Nutter'
  • Options
    One of my favs, from the late '60's I believe.
  • Options
    Saw some relating to @DaveMehmet
  • Options
    Again not London but on a visit to Prague we went to what is known as the Lennon wall. It's full of John Lennon and Beatles related art and (I think) started in the 80's by Czech youths expressing themselves against communism.
    When I visited it, right next door was a pristine white wall where someone had wrote in tiny text "the ringo Starr wall".
  • Options
    Always remember one in Dartford years back that stayed for ages:

"Becky's a Sket"

Always wonder what Becky did to deserve it.
  • Options
    Anyone else remember 'cats like plain crisps'. On ladywell bridge I think.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Whoever did the above was only obeying instructions.image
  • Options

Anyone else remember 'cats like plain crisps'. On ladywell bridge I think.

That was on the way into Paddington on the line from Slough as well.

I liked 'Dada is everywhere.'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rananegra said:

I remember in the early 80s there was what would now be called a viral marketing campaign by the band "Case" who painted their name all over the place - it was on one of the bridges next to the Blackwall Tunnel. I used to have their record it was a cracker.

And googling it found some more info about them
    http://transpont.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/case-croydon-oi-and-oldest-graffiti-in.html

On a similar note, there was a rather well painted bit of graffiti publicising the South Hertfordshire indie band "The Tea Set" on bridge on the M1 southbound near Scratchwood services for years. Just read up on them, and they were art students, hence the quality of the work I guess? How many millions of people would have seem that over the years? Didn't help them get any hits though.
  • Options
    "No poll tax" seemed to be on the railway bridge over the lower road, Charlton for ages.
  • Options
    There was a guy (I assume) who used to "tag" Rainman in a particular style everywhere on the Railway outside of Euston up to Camden and the surrounding area. Never thought much of it until I was walking through Prague once, Barcelona another time and also Athens and saw that the same person had been busy with their spray paint there. No doubts about it being the same person and style. Just thought it was bizarre that whoever it was decided to get the spray cans out on their holidays!

A quick Google search has thrown this up, definitely the guy I'm talking about... http://www.ldngraffiti.co.uk/graffiti/writers/Rainman/index.html
  • Options
    CASE all over London and on the train bridge in Lewisham.
  • Options
    KNOWN was sprayed all over the sides of the railway years ago
  • Options

It still is, I think its MrLargo doing this while he waits for the train to move.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

That’s Roland’s Tag.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It started of as UNKNOWN for years in Catford and Lewisham. He got banged up as he was a nasty bastard.
  • Options
    On the alley out of Selhurst Station was "the stuffed parrot always loves you" and "the stuffed parrot never dies"

No....I've got no idea either!
  • Options

It started of as UNKNOWN for years in Catford and Lewisham. He got banged up as he was a nasty bastard.
    that's probably what I'm thinking of mate
  • Options

We had 'Bonnie Blowjob' on our school wall, in reference to a girl a few years older than me. We were first year secondary school and used to love winding her up about it, and singing it to her...... until one day she turned round and said to me, 'come on then, i'll suck you off round the back'.

You've never seen a group of 11 year old boys melt so bloody quick! We stopped winding her up after that.

in the boys toilet at welling school it said "LEE STARR IS A ONE BOLLOCKED THEIF AND WANKER" and had a picture of a bloke with one massive bollock
  • Options
    "Whatever happened to Slade" was on the wall of the Oval for years in the 70's.
  • Options
    The bizarre one I remember was on the slip road up to Blackwall tunnel at Greenwich - "Frank Ifield" who was a early 60s Aussie pop star was sprayed on the wall.
  • Options

I remember “Be Cool But Care” along a local railway line somewhere?!? I’m guessing maybe between Kidbrooke and Blackheath?

I remember that one. Sound advice. Definitely on the Blackheath / Lewisham line.
  • Options
    ‘Logger jeal got poo finger’ in Pelton Road as you walked to the Thames waterfront. Anyone that drank in the Cutty Sark pub would probably have seen it.

It was there for decades, never understood it.

And on the Woolwich Road just before the flyover ‘the blows off’ - never got that either