Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Fleetwood getting a result relegates Wimbledon / Doncaster 
  • Options
    With Fleetwood's better GD, Wimbledon and especially Doncaster were effectively down already.

If Wimbledon's keeper hadn't committed that howler on Saturday, things would be very different...
  • Options
    With Fleetwood's better GD, Wimbledon and especially Doncaster were effectively down already.

If Wimbledon's keeper hadn't committed that howler on Saturday, things would be very different...
    Yeah was just thinking that he wont have to buy a drink in South West London for a while - Simply because he wont be bloody welcome.

Imagine having never been relegated as a club (well the AFC variant), and thats basically what dooms you... Such a shame 
  • Options
    Wigan 2-0 up at Portsmouth 
  • Options
    If you froze the table now I’m sure Plymouth would be very happy
  • Options
    2-2 now
  • Options
    Two goals in two minutes for Chef Wendy who now lead 3-2.
  • Options
    Two goals in two minutes for Chef Wendy who now lead 3-2.
    Doesnt just give Wimbledon a small bit of hope, but also puts a side between Morecambe and the drop
  • Options
    Big goal for Sunderland (and MK Dons)
  • Options
    2-2 now
    Pompey do a double Golfie and win 3-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-2 now
    Portsmouth win 3-2 despite being 2-0 down.

Wigan now just three points clear of Milton Keynes, and two points clear of Rotherham, with the same GD as the latter. 

Both only have a better GD of six goals compared with Milton Keynes

Final Day is going to be:

Gillingham vs Rotherham United
    Plymouth Argyle vs Milton Keynes
    Shrewsbury Town vs Wigan Athletic 
  • Options
    Hero to villain stuff right there...
  • Options
    Wycombe could end the season on 83-pts and it may not be good enough for the Play-Offs - Wont be surprised if its Plymouth who fall out of the top six though.

Play-Off sides (who can drop out the top six play)

Burton Albion vs Wycombe Wanderers
    Morecambe vs Sunderland
    Plymouth Argyle vs Wigan Athletic
    Sheffield Wednesday vs Portsmouth 
  • Options
    Seven sides split by 9 points is absolute madness and explains part of the reason why the number to get top six is so high this year. 

They’re all beating each other. You could still have a team winning the league on 89 and a team missing the playoffs on 83.
  • Options
    A great end to the season. Unprecedented surely for NO team to be mathematically sure of promotion with 1 game to go, and with 3 playoff positions undecided

Even at the bottom, only one team are mathematically relegated. Donnie are 99.99999% down, but Wimbledon have a tiny chance if Bolton thrash Fleetwood and they win. Morecambe in 19th could still be caught.
  • Options
    "Top Two" Thomas, are you taking note?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Seven sides split by 9 points is absolute madness and explains part of the reason why the number to get top six is so high this year. 

They’re all beating each other. You could still have a team winning the league on 89 and a team missing the playoffs on 83.
    For example, take the points total for the top six from our 11/12 season to compare…

Charlton 101, Sheff Wed 93, Sheff Utd 90, Huddersfield 81, MK 80 and Stevenage 73. TOTAL = 518.

Wigan 89, Rotherham 87, MK 86, Sheff Wed 82, Sunderland 81, Plymouth 80. TOTAL (with one game to play) = 505.
  • Options

For example, take the points total for the top six from our 11/12 season to compare…

Charlton 101, Sheff Wed 93, Sheff Utd 90, Huddersfield 81, MK 80 and Stevenage 73. TOTAL = 518.

Wigan 89, Rotherham 87, MK 86, Sheff Wed 82, Sunderland 81, Plymouth 80. TOTAL (with one game to play) = 505.
    Off topic, but I'd forgotten that Stevenage came 6th that season!

Pipping Notts County on GD
  • Options
    After Wednesday's late comeback I reckon that'll see them go up at Wembley.
    Come on the Wednesday!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-2 now
    Portsmouth win 3-2 despite being 2-0 down.

Wigan now just three points clear of Milton Keynes, and two points clear of Rotherham, with the same GD as the latter. 

Both only have a better GD of six goals compared with Milton Keynes

Final Day is going to be:

Gillingham vs Rotherham United
    Plymouth Argyle vs Milton Keynes
    Shrewsbury Town vs Wigan Athletic 
    Wigan are basically promoted in all but name, not a hope in hell MK Dons are overtaking them with those fixtures. I feel like MK have blown it, did well for weeks to get themselves into a great position...........then took 4 points from their last 4 games.

Rotherham got over their mini collapse by taking 4 points from Oxford and Sunderland and i expect them to beat Gillingham and go up with Wigan.
  • Options
    Always said if Wycombe got to the play offs I would back them. There time wasting tactics was ridiculous. Worst I have ever seen in football.

Looks to be an exciting final day in league 1
  • Options
    Had hoped Sunderland would beat Rotherham and find their way to top 2 and autos with Sheff Weds following them in the play offs. Not to be sadly.  Hopefully one of them wins the play offs.  Sunderland have been in L1 long enough so wouldn't mind seeing them promoted.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Its going to be weird seeing Sunderland in the Play-Offs again without us again.

Brentford certainly broke the curse on teams with red and white stripes last season so they stand a chance now.

Although they've still got the "North East Teams at Wembley" curse.
  • Options
    Its going to be weird seeing Sunderland in the Play-Offs again without us again.
    They'll definitely get promoted.
  • Options
    I think away at Gillingham is a really tough game for Rotherham too. If Fleetwood lose, then a draw would keep Gillingham up so I imagine they'll try to frustrate Rotherham
  • Options
    a tight end to the season .. I backed Wigan to win the title before the season started, now I have had to 'invest' some recent horse racing winnings as a hedge bet on Rotherham to pip them at the post .. same thing with Forest Green in L2, backed them back in August and now had to play a hedge on Exeter .. be just typical for both FG and Wiggy to lose at the very end of the season, destroy my Acca and have me have to leave my Roller at the dealers ((:>)

• Options
    a tight end to the season .. I backed Wigan to win the title before the season started, now I have had to 'invest' some recent horse racing winnings as a hedge bet on Rotherham to pip them at the post .. same thing with Forest Green in L2, backed them back in August and now had to play a hedge on Exeter .. be just typical for both FG and Wiggy to lose at the very end of the season, destroy my Acca and have me have to leave my Roller at the dealers ((:>)

Forest green have stumbled a lot but were of course miles clear. Since mid-Feb they've got only 4 wins and 18 points from 15 games, and yet they are still top. 
  • Options

Forest green have stumbled a lot but were of course miles clear. Since mid-Feb they've got only 4 wins and 18 points from 15 games, and yet they are still top. 
    on goal difference
  • Options
    Exeter have two very tough games coming up. They will have been glad to get the business done against Barrow.

Northampton (A) 3rd in table
    Port Vale (H) 4th in table